PVE DPS guide

UcigasRoman

For rotations/builds/etc (although they don't have numbers for dps), I use noxxic.com, they've helped me figure out most the classes in the game when I was confused about rotations or stat priorities. Dulfy.net is another great one to look at for more in-depth endgame stuff.

I parse highest with a Mad Maul build. 0-18-28. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZdrcRkhZfMfRrbkG.3

Use Deathfield off of cd for Deathmarks, keep 100% up time on Discharge dot (do not clip), spam Thrash for Raze and Duplicty procs, try not to clip your Crushing Darkness dot. When low on force a regular Saber Strike will proc both Raze and Duplicty, so it doesn't hut your dps too bad when you get low on force the way other specs can drop in dps when they use their auto attack. You also have Darkswell talent so you can time your Blackouts to maintain force for longer Thrash spam. Lastly, do not ever Shock, way to much force for too little pay out, I only took one point in Chain Lightning so I could get to the second tier.

Almost 6 months ago I wrote a guide for the Mad Maul spec. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564738 The info in the guide that compares to Madness is pretty much obsolete now because Madness spec doesn't Maul at all. However the rotation and abilities are identical, there is a bit more indepth info on the rotations if you like.

Edited by Xethis

I parse highest with a Mad Maul build. 0-18-28. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZdrcRkhZfMfRrbkG.3

Use Deathfield off of cd for Deathmarks, keep 100% up time on Discharge dot (do not clip), spam Thrash for Raze and Duplicty procs, try not to clip your Crushing Darkness dot. When low on force a regular Saber Strike will proc both Raze and Duplicty, so it doesn't hut your dps too bad when you get low on force the way other specs can drop in dps when they use their auto attack. You also have Darkswell talent so you can time your Blackouts to maintain force for longer Thrash spam. Lastly, do not ever Shock, way to much force for too little pay out, I only took one point in Chain Lightning so I could get to the second tier.

Almost 6 months ago I wrote a guide for the Mad Maul spec. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564738 The info in the guide that compares to Madness is pretty much obsolete now because Madness spec doesn't Maul at all. However the rotation and abilities are identical, there is a bit more indepth info on the rotations if you like.

How is the force management with this build? I tried this on the PTS and had a lot of saber strikes in my rotation due to the force regen nerf...

How is the force management with this build? I tried this on the PTS and had a lot of saber strikes in my rotation due to the force regen nerf...

Ya, any of the specs that have Thrash spam are gonna tear through your force pool. Raze will only proc at 7.5 seconds, and Duplicity will proc at 10 seconds. So I try to maximize Thrashes if I just got a Raze and Duplicity proc, the reason is Saber Strike will proc these, so if you know you are due for a proc then Saber Strike for the procs so you can make up the damage loss with Maul and Crushing Darkness. You will get quite a bit of force back when these proc because Raze is free, and Maul is also really really cheap. Try to time your Blackout to hit during your Thrash spam when you know your going to use 3-4 of them with no chance of a proc. Deathfield is also 30 force, I usually preload some force with one or two Saber Strikes before I DF so that am not at 0 force after this point.

Anyways, try to incorporate your Saber Strikes strategically instead of just saber striking when you are <25 force. This way you can make sure you can always DF right off of cd, and you can refresh your Dishcarge dot with out wasting a global or two.

Thats about all I can think of, this spec is not perfect but even with the Saber Strikes you will do better than full Madness.

Edited by Xethis