Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

SiXXXX

Alright well I played 50 Voidstar today with a guildy. Im a healer sorcerer on Bergeren Colony.

I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination, I am learning and still only at like 55 valor.

Anyways, first of all. Match starts, and as soon as we get outta the gate somehow sentinels are already attacking us. Since when could they leap across the map or get there that quickly?

Then, I try and heal. I know healers get targeted but never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle. In a one on one fight I almost always win, and now I am dead before I can even drop a heal on myself? IMPOSSIBLE

So in less then 3 mins the pubs have captured the datacore. I don't care HOW talented your premade group is, there is no way you can just walk through on offense without any resistance. Not to mention they planted bombs across the bridge, less then 10 seconds after the bridge came down. Again, impossible.

My guildy said he had played a few matches today before I came online, and stuff like these same pubs getting the hutball and running past his teams acid pool while his team had just got to their acid pool. So basically, not only are pubs stronger and imbalanced in PVP, but now they are faster too? What a load of BS.

Either deal with the hackers, or I stop playing PVP for good. Or properly balance... I know pubs are better at teamwork and the average imp plays selfishly but cmon. Im pretty sure its a hack but I don't know. At any rate its a total turn off.

Alright well I played 50 Voidstar today with a guildy. Im a healer sorcerer on Bergeren Colony.

I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination, I am learning and still only at like 55 valor.

Anyways, first of all. Match starts, and as soon as we get outta the gate somehow sentinels are already attacking us. Since when could they leap across the map or get there that quickly?

Then, I try and heal. I know healers get targeted but never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle. In a one on one fight I almost always win, and now I am dead before I can even drop a heal on myself? IMPOSSIBLE

So in less then 3 mins the pubs have captured the datacore. I don't care HOW talented your premade group is, there is no way you can just walk through on offense without any resistance. Not to mention they planted bombs across the bridge, less then 10 seconds after the bridge came down. Again, impossible.

My guildy said he had played a few matches today before I came online, and stuff like these same pubs getting the hutball and running past his teams acid pool while his team had just got to their acid pool. So basically, not only are pubs stronger and imbalanced in PVP, but now they are faster too? What a load of BS.

Either deal with the hackers, or I stop playing PVP for good. Or properly balance... I know pubs are better at teamwork and the average imp plays selfishly but cmon. Im pretty sure its a hack but I don't know. At any rate its a total turn off.

It's not hacking (honestly I haven't seen any recently on BC) but there are teams that will completely wipe me out in 3 seconds (by my own guildmates on the opposing team... in fact just 2 nights ago) and had just what you basically describe happen and I'm probably one of the most (if not THE most) well geared sage/sorc on the server currently. Team make up happens. If you have a weak team and they have a really stacked one it hurts. I'm not saying it's fun. It is not fun. But it is part of the game.

If you are running a full heal spec and in mostly recruit gear you will get smushed very fast if you are not running with a good tank. A full healer well geared without a tank is painful. A hybrid Heal/Bubble spec might buy you a second or two until you get more gear, but if you have a bunch of folks jumping on you at once.. well everyone dies fast when that happens. :)

P.S. A lot of times it seems like there is a 1v1 and you didn't see that range hiding behind a pillar that was getting you too.

Edited by Desiirea

I've been in a pug that capped the datacore in 3 mins, it's entirely possible when you have terrible players...and it's entirely possible to get wiped out before you get a chance to do anything. For example, one guy smashes you, another ravages you, and maybe a powertech tagged you with thermal detonator and then rail shot you, this game has crazy burst now and if you are focused by the heavier burst classes, then you are dust. Edited by Devilk

Yep. You just plain ol’ got you’re ***** handed to you. Suck it up princess ;P

It’s happened to all of us at one stage or another. And as far as pubs or imps being the winning side all the time, it’s different from server to server and seems to change over time.

Deal with it.

Get better gear.

It’s not surprising you got hammered in a cpl shots at only lvl 55 valor and being a Sorc. You’ll always be a little on the squishy side.

Ps. I’ve captured the 2nd doors after the bridge before anyone even got to me a cpl times. It’s just excellent timing, poorly communicating opposition and a lot of luck ;)

Oh and one more thing. I find pvp very balanced in this game.

Sure, merc's/mando's have it a little tough at the moment, even BioWare admit they need more 'escapes', however I have met some bad***** merc's on the battle field who were more than capable of holding their own ;)

• 2 weeks later...

All of you denying the hacking in this game are being willfully ignorant.

While you tell them to google certain abilities perhaps you should take your own advice and google swtor hacks...

Yes there are speed hacks and a whole slew of others.

All of you denying the hacking in this game are being willfully ignorant.

While you tell them to google certain abilities perhaps you should take your own advice and google swtor hacks...

Yes there are speed hacks and a whole slew of others.

ive seen the hack youtube videos but never seen it in game. Show me proof of in-game hacking like every match based on all the qq and I will eat my shorts man.

Im a healer sorcerer

I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination

never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle.

In a one on one fight I almost always win

I am struggling to rationalise the above sentences ;)

Edited by Exothermix
typo

Combat trans sending the smash monkeys straight into your spawn as I (the shadow) cap the door within 15 seconds and proceed to run through the rest of the place untouched thanks to my guardian friends spam slows.

Done and seen this done a million times.

ive seen the hack youtube videos but never seen it in game. Show me proof of in-game hacking like every match based on all the qq and I will eat my shorts man.

Seriously you have seen the videos yet still want to pretend they don't happen because you have not seen them...

Is the video not proof...you can also go to plenty of sites that sell hacking tools and also implement them yourself with instructions from other sites.

Tell you what just remain willfully ignorant even after seeing proof then demanding more proof you are proof of my original statement.

Edited by Nategray