Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Timed weekly needs to be renamed to GSF weekly
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rion_Starkiller
05.22.2019 , 11:34 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
This is not news. They have stated, in the past, that its random.
I find it an incredibly joyful and fulfilling experience to open RNG gear crates while accepting an RNG weekly mission at the Ossus terminal. There's simply no greater joy to be had in SWTOR. You know what would make this experience even better? If the devs moved the Nar Shadaa Nightlife event to Ossus. Ahhhhh RNG heaven! BWA, "Shut up and take my money."
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

Zerileth
05.22.2019 , 11:43 AM | #72
JUST . LET . US . CHOOSE!

God forbid you make your players happy!
. <--------just this little red dot

Darevsool
05.22.2019 , 12:53 PM | #73
Hey folks,

Let me add a little more clarity on how the system works exactly. There are a number of systems in our game that are inherently tied together even if they may not seem to be. This is one of those cases.

The Weekly Masterwork Mission is directly tied to whatever Conquest is running on any given week. The reason that this makes the Weekly Mission random is that our Conquest schedule is also random. It is worth noting that the exception to this rule is that we manually override the random schedule when events run. An example of this would be that next week (and the week after) we know that the Dantooine Conquest will be running. The Weekly Mission that runs alongside that Conquest is not GSF, which is how I was able to answer the question of what is coming next week.

I hope that adds some clarity to what is happening with the Weekly Missions. Thanks all.

-eric
That actually does add a certain level of clarity, yes.

I don't understand the rationale behind linking the two events (conquest & the timed weekly) which on the surface have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

But, if a list can be compiled (or given to us from you) of which timed weekly is going to appear with which conquest week, then we can at least plan ahead a little bit.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

geofraynils
05.22.2019 , 12:58 PM | #74
GSF ossus cristals quest is bug, it does not validate wins.
Serveur : Darth malgus - Guilde : Brain Damage - PVE NiM. - Rédacteur pour le site communautaire game-guide.fr

kodrac
05.22.2019 , 01:00 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerileth View Post
JUST . LET . US . CHOOSE!

God forbid you make your players happy!
No no no. We can't have you getting crystals quicker and stop grinding. Then you'll go back to doing what you enjoy and cancel your sub.

Their logic, not mine.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Darevsool
05.22.2019 , 01:05 PM | #76
Ah, but which grind is more important?

Currently, I'm grinding leveling my private guild.
Just two accounts, leveling the guild 1 level / week.

Don't have time to be grinding crystals too
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

phalczen
05.22.2019 , 01:15 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by geofraynils View Post
GSF ossus cristals quest is bug, it does not validate wins.
I played another match again today, on Satele, around 10:30 am pacific daylight time, and it correctly updated the win. Also I completed all three wins, pubside, on Satele, last night. So, I’m not seeing the behavior you and Sarova are describing.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

aerockyul
05.22.2019 , 02:13 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I played another match again today, on Satele, around 10:30 am pacific daylight time, and it correctly updated the win. Also I completed all three wins, pubside, on Satele, last night. So, I’m not seeing the behavior you and Sarova are describing.
It may be carryover from when it was actually bugged. I have seen several people in the last three weeks complain about it but it's not happening to me or other people actually playing GSF. That bug was so nasty that a lot of people probably don't realize it was fixed because they vowed to stay away from it forever.

Or maybe there's a new bug. I'm with you, it's been working as intended for me each week since they fixed it.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Ecksi
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!
There's a difference between constructive criticism and hostility because you didn't get your way

PennyAnn
05.22.2019 , 03:26 PM | #79
Hey folks,

Let me add a little more clarity on how the system works exactly. There are a number of systems in our game that are inherently tied together even if they may not seem to be. This is one of those cases.

The Weekly Masterwork Mission is directly tied to whatever Conquest is running on any given week. The reason that this makes the Weekly Mission random is that our Conquest schedule is also random. It is worth noting that the exception to this rule is that we manually override the random schedule when events run. An example of this would be that next week (and the week after) we know that the Dantooine Conquest will be running. The Weekly Mission that runs alongside that Conquest is not GSF, which is how I was able to answer the question of what is coming next week.

I hope that adds some clarity to what is happening with the Weekly Missions. Thanks all.

-eric
This is really simple, but for some reason you guys at Bioware always have to make it complicated. Why would you set up a system that has RNG events (Conquest, Timed weekly) when you could just set a rotating schedule that assures variety from week to week and allows players of the game to know what they are getting from week to week?

You guys just continually make things too complicated, which usually means they break (or work as if they were broken). 3 weeks of GSF in a row is not the end of the world, but it just doesn't have to be this complicated.

Over 7 years of baffling decisions from you all... making things more complicated than they need to be, which leads to bugs or things that SEEM like bugs and it's too tied down in the code to fix now that you've done it in this complicated fashion.

MAKE A SET SCHEDULE FOR CONQUEST. ROTATE THE 4 TIMED WEEKLY QUESTS ON A SET SCHEDULE.

Make this a little easier for all of us to follow and play. Is that really too much to ask? Going forward, quit using RNG as a crutch. It's just enough already.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

olagatonjedi
05.22.2019 , 03:41 PM | #80
Keep up the good work BW. All voices matter, not just the ones who seem to have a problem with every decision that is made. This is by no means a game-breaking issue, and considering it was only meant to be short-term content, it actually makes a lot of sense to just copy/paste the same schedule as conquest to these weekly quests. Holistically, the time you saved not having to code another schedule probably helped add additional features to the update that otherwise would not have been there. Perhaps im the only one that sees it this way.

Again, much appreciated the effort you guys put into the game to make it enjoyable.