My first ranked on my sorc.

azrealswo

So i make a sorc , I enjoy the playstyle . I lvl him to 70 and start the cxp grind. Figured I would try ranked for UCs.

Join group not in for 30 secs and this starts.'

Player : Oh this is already a loss , someone brought a crappy dps sorc

Player 2 : aids

etc.

After first round I only did like 7k dps but i was also targeted first and stunned back to back a few times.

Player : stop queing that pos

Player 2: who even brings a dps sorc into ranked.

Etc.

Glad to see sorcs r so welcome in pvp.

their welcome in regs, they have dismal dps in ranked, when its all number farming an timer based.

now if your a good sorc, you play support (sorc bubbles, dark heal, roots to allow get away/cc) you wont get too much crap, but you wont get admiration really, sorc life in ranked 5.0 is just not a big thing.

edit: unless your heals. but that invites other attitudes depending on your skill.

Edited by Seterade

I played long enough to get 60k comms, should be enough for 6 black silver crystal crates. otherwise, ranked got sour fast cause elitists hadn't had their diapers changed yet.

personal opinion :)

Edited by Seterade

Ranked isn't worth the time. The rewards aren't very good and the attitudes are worse.

This. Ranked is rank (as in offensive, gross, foul, rancid). Rank warzones. I really don't know why people still play them.

With that said, you do have phase walk and force barrier. So there really is no excuse for not getting those off. I get that things happen really fast, but that light armor makes you really susceptible to spike damage. So you can't exactly be like "I've got 40% health, I don't quite have to use it yet." If you only did 7k damage, clearly you got killed quite fast and did not phase walk or barrier. If you had PW set up, you could have vanished (even while hard stunned), healed to full (and forced the other team to focus somebody else), came back and spread your DoTs everywhere, off-healed some, spread more DoTs. Sorc is not a great dps in terms of damage output, but it is quite strong in terms of being hard to pin down and finish off, but only if you use your best tools well.

Unfortunately, the damage and healing of DPS Sorcerers / Sages was severely reduced after v4.0 and v5.0. It is a real disadvantage now and has to be fixed by BioWare.

I remember easily killing two mercs at once with my v3.0 sorc. After 2 years, I came back and created a sage, whom I've geared almost to the max 248 now. But now, with my well-geared sage, I have to kite really hard against a single average-geared merc. Otherwise it's an execution and not a fight. You can still do well if you play really hard or have a good team, but it is much easier to do better with other classes, such as mercs or snipers.

I also have a merc who is not as well geared as my sage, but has much better results in PVP, and does very well in ranked PVP. I can't even try ranked with my sage, because of constant pile on.

BioWare, please give Socrs / Sages functional damage back. The current ability damage values are not fair to people who like the Sorc/Sage class. Their abilities have activation times AND deal less damage than comparable INSTANT abilities of other classes. This does not make any sense.

Edited by ViktorAres

Unfortunately, the damage and healing of DPS Sorcerers / Sages was severely reduced after v4.0 and v5.0. It is a real disadvantage now and has to be fixed by BioWare.

I remember easily killing two mercs at once with my v3.0 sorc. After 2 years, I came back and created a sage, whom I've geared almost to the max 248 now. But now, with my well-geared sage, I have to kite really hard against a single average-geared merc. Otherwise it's an execution and not a fight. You can still do well if you play really hard or have a good team, but it is much easier to do better with other classes, such as mercs or snipers.

I also have a merc who is not as well geared as my sage, but has much better results in PVP, and does very well in ranked PVP. I can't even try ranked with my sage, because of constant pile on.

BioWare, please give Socrs / Sages functional damage back. The current ability damage values are not fair to people who like the Sorc/Sage class. Their abilities have activation times AND deal less damage than comparable INSTANT abilities of other classes. This does not make any sense.

You want your class to be OP again, mate. Forget it.

Sorcs are fine now. It's how they should have been. They have to balance mercs and snipers and it's good to go.

There is nothing wrong with going into ranked on a Sorc dps.

I had many games where we preffered to focus a sniper, jugg or sin on the enemy team eventhough it had a dps Sorc in it. The thing is there are some very skilled kiters in the game and if people really master the class they are able to survive long enough for his teammates to kill his/hers persuers.

The only thing about ranked is that you have to think differently, dont take the enemies head on, hide, kite, cc, phase walk etc. Its not always about putting out the most dps.

I have 2 suggestions. 1, try regs before ranked. 2, if you want to play ranked on your sorc, spec healer.

Don't lie, Unranked is worse.

I get most of my super casual not knowing objectives even pvp from the unregs, ( now i do know, but play extrememly rarely, in fact I forget objectives and details on OLDER maps, all the time)

And it is HERE I get the grief.

I one of my ( less then 10) ranked MATCHES, I said before the match - New, Unraked Refugee, Knows noting here- and you know what it was a different world.

The pvpers were polite, helpfull and though we all agreed I was the weak link in the team ( we lost) and should not at ll be playing there they understood that I could not go play in the Unraked zones, as they have become MORE serious after the tresspassers there refused to give

Do you mean 7k damage overall, or 7k Damage Per Second ? The first would be funny, the latter would be insane in ranked as a sorc while being targeted first.

I'm guessing 7k total.

The other night, got matched up with a Sorc dps who (imo) had no business in ranked. Cause I've seen some damn good sorc dps in ranked, I can tell you that. I was matched 4 time in a row with the same dude, and we lost all 4. The guy could survive like 30 sec into the round dealing somewhere between 7k and 50k of damage. At that point I just stopped queuing, so I wouldn't end up with him again... So yeah, I can relate with those people not wanting that kind of player on their team over and over...

You want your class to be OP again, mate. Forget it.

Sorcs are fine now. It's how they should have been. They have to balance mercs and snipers and it's good to go.

If you think sorcs are fine now, I encourage you to roll up a sorc/sage and que for ranked PVP. As it stands, DPS Sorcs are not viable for ranked PVP.

With that said, I don't want sorcs to be overpowered. The classes should be balanced. Assuming the same gear, a Lightning Sorc vs Arsenal Merc should be a close fight, not an execution. We all pay the same subscription fees.

If you think sorcs are fine now, I encourage you to roll up a sorc/sage and que for ranked PVP. As it stands, DPS Sorcs are not viable for ranked PVP.

With that said, I don't want sorcs to be overpowered. The classes should be balanced. Assuming the same gear, a Lightning Sorc vs Arsenal Merc should be a close fight, not an execution. We all pay the same subscription fees.

Class is fine... problem is that few classes everyone know which i am talking about are just too strong. At least you have pretty good escaping mechanics and you can kite better than operatives.

Class is fine... problem is that few classes everyone know which i am talking about are just too strong. At least you have pretty good escaping mechanics and you can kite better than operatives.

How is the class fine? Kiting to what end? Until your team members help you?? This is a combat game, not a kiting game. Operative do have much better escape mechanics as they can cloak and they do an INSANE amount of damage with their knives or punches. Try fighting an operative with a sorc. Unless you out-gear them significantly, good luck. Operatives are also overpowered due to the 30% armor penetration bonus, which makes even an Immortal Jugg squishy. Also review the DPS charts, Operatives/Scoundrels are in fact the most overpowered class in the game by DPS. Sorcs are at the very bottom.

Sorcs/Sages have time activated abilities that hit max 19K crits, while other classes can easily hit 35-40K crits on INSTANT abilities which have 15-13 sec cool downs. It's ridiculous.

Edited by ViktorAres

Yeah, I know what you mean, 1 on 1 my Sorc used to own Mercs. Now I'm lucky to go toe to toe against a Merc with my Sorc 1 on 1. The Mercapocalypse is fun isn't it? Especially when you get nailed by multiple Mercs with multiple electro nets :(

I have no issue with Mercs being tanky now and keeping their dmg output, but electro net puts them over the top.

Yeah, I know what you mean, 1 on 1 my Sorc used to own Mercs. Now I'm lucky to go toe to toe against a Merc with my Sorc 1 on 1. The Mercapocalypse is fun isn't it? Especially when you get nailed by multiple Mercs with multiple electro nets :(

I have no issue with Mercs being tanky now and keeping their dmg output, but electro net puts them over the top.

We should be able to use Force Barrier and Phase Walk through electro-nets.

Also for the Sorcs/Sages, I'd recommend increasing the base damage of Thundering Blast/ Turbulence or Death Field/Force in Balance by 75%, to bring them in-line with Heatseeker Missiles and Explosive Probes, and review the comparative class DPS charts at that point.

Edited by ViktorAres

Also for the Sorcs/Sages, I'd recommend increasing the base damage of Thundering Blast/ Turbulence or Death Field/Force in Balance by 75%, to bring them in-line with Heatseeker Missiles and Explosive Probes, and review the comparative class DPS charts at that point.

thundering blast has a shorter CD and is an auto crit.... they need buffs, but that would make them the new fotm.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Just for the record, I totally think Sorcs need a DPS buff.

There's a couple of things to bare in mind so that you don't run into an overbuff issue.

Sorcs were nerfed after 4.0 because they were so powerful, so you don't want to get back in that territory. It wasn't all that that long when Sorcs were the FOTM OP class.

The only class that you are regularly seeing hitting for 35/40k is merc. You might get a freak crit with a relic proc while bloodthirst is in effect and score 30-34 on another class, but that is rare. As a carnage marauder geared almost in full 248 and with bloodthirst, I can hit 31k Devistating Blast in my opener which is their most damaging attack. After that one, I'm not doing another 30k until BT is off cool down. Other classes arent regularly doing 35-40k crits. Mercs can do it because they were the only class in the game that didn't get their surge bonus on crit passive cut in half like all the other classes did.

Given how much people hate their guts and want them nerfed into oblivion [ I wouldn't be upset if they were nerfed to near uselessness at this point, they are so sickening], the idea here is not to raise other classes into the Merc/Sniper Op range. Having Sorcs or any other class dropping 40k bombs wiith regularity would only make the situation worse because if suddenly Sorcs were able to do it too, that would leave all the other classes at a deficiet on the high end.

Its the same thing with the Kolto overload, people talking about giving it to PTs who very much do need some defensive buff, thats a terrible idea because all that will do is make another DPS class with a h2F and no dps spec should have that at all. Once again, we don't want to OP out another class because that would just make a new problem. There are other ways of addressing a defensive buff for PTs and a DPS buff for Sorcs other than making them have an OP like ability of their own. No one should feel entitled to that no matter what that current status of a class.

Those abilities are too strong, and they should be nerfed downward to bring them in line with the other classes. Giving sorcs 35-40k crits is not bringing them in line with other classes, it would be bringing them in line with the most OP class in the game, no one else.

I do not doubt the need for a DPS buff for them, I do agree they shouldn't be soo far off the path from other rDPS classes. It's just not fair. The other thing to bare in mind with Sorcs with regard to what kind of DPS increase they should recieve is their survivability. Practically everyone and their mother agrees that mercs and snipers are so broken because they have no downside. Best defenses in the game, very high DPS, high survivability, very hard to kill [assuming the player is competant in their class and spec]. Sorcs are still quite defensively strong. Not only do they have good defenses they can also off heal which is another aspect to keep in mind. They may not be what they were in 4.0, but even know they have good survival. That in mind, the DPS buff needs to take that into account. You don't want to find yourself in the same league with Snipers and Mercs because they are just begging for a mega nerf.

No one takes Mercs/Snipers performance seriously, If they come in first place in DPS no body things it's because they are so skilled, they take it with a grain of salt. Given their over the top state now, half the reason they reach the numbers they do is because the class itself with it's insane survival virtually gaurntees it [once again the player being competant]. Most people who dont play mercs and snipers are very loath to vote for them at the end of the match because you simply can't respect them.

I'd hate to see a knee jerk reaction which would throw Sorcs back into the limelight as an overbuffed class so soon after 4.0. People are already fed up to the brim with Snipers and Mercs OP state and have little tolerance for the terrible class imbalances.

The truth is however, that I myself and others have posted like experience in seeing Lightning Sorcs put out some impressive numbers, so clearly they are capable of it even now [they should still get a DPS buff], Madness is all fluff so that's a mote point, anyone can top the charts spamming easy dot spreads. I think the DPS issues Sorcs are facing are more prevelient in PVE than in PVP and more of an issue in that realm.

Additionally, sorcs bring a good amount of utility to the table which is another thing to consider.

I think you would find if Mercs and Snipers were nerfed, that DPS sorcs would be much more vaiable than they are considered right now. It's the other rDPS classes having so much more over them that is really more the issue. [Again, I still think they need a DPS buff]. Sorc DPS should be just as a viable a choice as any other rDPS class. You don't want to get put in the same cateogory as them. They are far too strong and thats the bigger part of the issue. So some nerfs to Mercs and Snipers, and a bit of a buff to sorc DPS would bring all the rDPS classes on closer proximity to each other without just adding another problem class to the mix.

It's really unfair what they religated sorc DPS too in this meta. This entire meta is bassackwards. You don't get the highest DPS to ranged because they have better uptime than melee, and you don't give the best defensives to ranged because they don't sustain the same amount of damage [generally speaking] that melee do. This is very evident in raiding.

No DPS spec should have H2F period.

No DPS spec should be doing in excess of 1000 DPS more than another spec of the same type [rDPS/mDPS].

No DPS spec should be the only one that can land 35-40k crits regularly when other classes can't do it all.

The more healing capabilities a class has, the less DPS output it should be able to provide [some sort of ratio], considering there are other DPS specs that have much less healing potential than others [and in the case of maras who don't have any healing at all].

Class imbalance is the very heart of PVP right now, and even in PVE sorcs are sub par compared to other rDPS classes by a wide margin and that isn't fair.

I think the idea here is to try and be as fair to everyone as is possibly in terms of balance between the classes.

I wouldn't worry too much as I have a strong feeling that Sorcs will get some level of a DPS boost [although I doubt it will be anything near Merc or Sniper levels presently, which I can't say is a bad thing. Thereafter at some point that will be followed by Merc/Sniper nerfs.

I hope DPS sorcs get some dps love soon. They need it.

I would object to 2 things, seeing as I play devil advocate a lot.

most classes have some sort of heal to full. jugg enrage defence, stlth out and regen behind something (applies to mara, op, and sin) kolto overload 70%, recklessness+unatural perservance with utility 30% heal buff and 3% overall healing, sniper ballistic shield (I think that's what its called) when combined with 2% a sec in cover, it does 5% a sec + 20% defence equaling a H2F.

second thing, marauders and snipers deserve higher dps. they shouldn't have offheals, they should be glass cannons. that being said they should do at least 5% more dmg than any other class if not 10% simply because they shouldn't have offheals or offtank abilitys..... alas, bioware is in charge....

Edited by Seterade