Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gunnery alacrity

TeRRuS-BaKKuS
02.19.2021 , 12:21 PM | #1
So i return.. bit confused.

Guides say this, others say that.
Alacrity. How much or little do i realy need?

And why?
for pvp and pve

Thanks for all info!

ceryxp
02.19.2021 , 01:36 PM | #2
Gunnery Commando has a standing 3% alacrity buff, so you only need 663 alacrity to hit the 1.4s GCD break point. The next break point for 1.3s GCD, 2374, is generally considered too expensive under the 6.0 stat budget and would cost too much crit to achieve unless you have the guild alacrity buff.

tl;dr
  • 1.4s GCD - 7.14% - 663 alacrity
  • 1.3s GCD - 15.38% - 2374 alacrity
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

Opiklo
02.19.2021 , 07:33 PM | #3
1.3 is the way to go.
with 1.4 you are waaay into the deminishing return with crit.

ArchingBeast
02.20.2021 , 08:24 AM | #4
1.3s = 2374 or more if you have the apex predator set, it benefits from the extra alacrity. if you are still playing with concentrated fire, 1.4s or 663 alacrity is the way to go.

Opiklo
02.20.2021 , 01:39 PM | #5
if you dont have the apex set its very simple... get the apex set.
otherwise play dot

TeRRuS-BaKKuS
02.23.2021 , 05:26 AM | #6
Ok thanks for the numbers.

I am runnning with CF set as i dont see how in hell i am supposed to get AP set when i dont have time for too many ops.
I find that disturbing that for me to get the set for the class i like best i have to ops for 6 months before getting my set....

So, basicaly 1.3 on CF set is waisted? better go for slower but more crit (ie 1.4)

i do however have the +5% from guild. so i guess run 1.3gdc and 1.4 for that other content not affected by guild bonus?

Tanqueray
02.24.2021 , 12:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TeRRuS-BaKKuS View Post
Ok thanks for the numbers.

I am runnning with CF set as i dont see how in hell i am supposed to get AP set when i dont have time for too many ops.
I find that disturbing that for me to get the set for the class i like best i have to ops for 6 months before getting my set....

So, basicaly 1.3 on CF set is waisted? better go for slower but more crit (ie 1.4)

i do however have the +5% from guild. so i guess run 1.3gdc and 1.4 for that other content not affected by guild bonus?
the guild bonus does not apply to pvp....

TeRRuS-BaKKuS
02.25.2021 , 03:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanqueray View Post
the guild bonus does not apply to pvp....

so i guess run 1.3gdc, and 1.4 for that other content not affected by guild bonus ( in this i mean pvp and mastermode ops)

1.3 for all content WITH guildbonus
1.4 for all content WITHOUT