Ilum - A New Order is buggy af

Atma

• Dev Post

Thank you for the post Atma! We've been taking a look into this issue and we cannot reproduce it internally. Do you have any video of this issue occurring or any other specifics to share?

Had to reset it twice cause the shield generators wouldn't power down. Once while getting the adegan crystals and again after killing Admiral Shai.

• 1 month later...

Same bug here, I see 2 months were not enough to fix. How do I proceed? reset the q 2 times, the shield would not power down after killing/capturing the admiral.

Quest: Ilum main quest line, "A New Order"

Imp side, stage: Open the docking bay doors

I cannot proceed as the red laser shielded door is still on.

UPDATE: After 2 resets trying both light and dark side ending, I´ve just logged off. I came back, and the door was open. If you experience such bug, try re logging without resting the quest.

Edited by Eloreal

Same bug here, I see 2 months were not enough to fix.

They can't reproduce it internally, so they can't work out what causes it, so of course they can't fix it.

Creating, modifying, and debugging software have been the core of my day job for thirty years. The bugs that people report where you can't reproduce them yourself are the worst.

Worse still are the ones that happen some of the time for no apparent reason.

Well, except for the programs that keep using more and more memory, but when you stop them normally, they release everything cleanly so the tools for debugging that sort of thing say that everything's OK.

• 8 months later...

UPDATE: After 2 resets trying both light and dark side ending, I´ve just logged off. I came back, and the door was open. If you experience such bug, try re logging without resting the quest.

This worked for me.

Barrier still up after boss fight.

Log out. Log in, and appear just outside zone. Enter and all forcefields are down.

• 1 year later...

Same issue today - why does this bug still exist after so long?! Spent ages looking for some way to lower the shield before surrendering to Google. Logging off the character does resolve though. Very annoying.

FYI I chose to kill the admiral rather than arrest him. (It's what we do on the dark side.)

They can't reproduce it internally, so they can't work out what causes it, so of course they can't fix it.

Creating, modifying, and debugging software have been the core of my day job for thirty years. The bugs that people report where you can't reproduce them yourself are the worst.

Worse still are the ones that happen some of the time for no apparent reason.

Well, except for the programs that keep using more and more memory, but when you stop them normally, they release everything cleanly so the tools for debugging that sort of thing say that everything's OK.

This Literally just happened to me so I’m going to have to reset it 🙄🙄

Sad to see 3 years later it’s still happening.

• 1 year later...