West - PVP - Rakata Mind Prison -> The Bastion

EUROPE

PVE - Stereb Cities ->The Jedi Tower

PVE - Eye of Ashlanae -> The Red Eclipse

PVE - Phateem Halls of Knowledge -> Mantle of the Force

PVP - The Restoration Zone -> Jar'Kai Sword

PVP - The Shadow Runner -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

PVP - Mecrosa Order -> Darth Nihilus

Why merge 3 EU pvp servers to different EU pvp servers.. meaning that from the dead servers perhaps 10people are left to swap, so non of the destination servers will have a good balance either

WoW didn't even have server transfers for what, 3 years? And you want BW to have it in place at launch for a game that had every server full to the brim? Come on, man.

WoW had directed transfers (similar to what Bioware is doing) earlier than that; I started playing that game in 2005, and remember seeing announcements about free transfers then. They announced free transfers, sometimes for just one faction, FROM one server TO the other. Funny thing too--I didn't have to log into my account to find out what the destination was; they just listed it on the page. Who'd a thunk it? I would think that in 2012 that the technology to do what Blizzard did six years ago would be more readily accessible. But as has been pointed out, it's irrelevant what we think should be; it only matters what is.

I agree that folks are needlessly working themselves up.I'm actually kind of glad my server isn't on the list right away; gives us more time to prepare, see how the process goes. For now, we've got a solid group of people in the guild, we're having fun running Ops, levelling alts toward Legacy, killing world bosses--that kind of thing.

It will come when it does. And we will be ready to go TOGETHER.

Semper Increds!

Hello everyone,

We know that everyone is excited about the new server transfers and wants to share their thoughts, but will be closing this thread and asking that the conversation be kept to the following thread:

Awnser from a Mod, im sorry im not EXCITED BOUT TRANSFER I can't transfert at all, I already wait 3-4months to be able to transfert on the 12th of June and now... I just have to freaking wait even more this is just plain ********.

This was a flop. After months of promising transfers they give you 10 servers only. But hey, we had 10 people online last night. Our server must be booming with activity.

I havent complained one bit, but I was just thinking. How well is the service really being tested? With the populations so low on the origin servers, they honestly cant be getting flooded with transfers. I know its not a stress test or anything, but seriously a mass ammount of maybe 100 transfers in an hour then probably one like every 5-10 minutes once its leveled out. I just dont know. Hopefully they update us soon on how its going rather than just deleting the spam.

He has as much proof as you do with this inane drivvel you are trying to pass off as fact. You haven't explained anything, except for your own narrow view of what you "think" is going on. There is only one group of people who know that. We all know who that is.

But, by all means, keep feeding us your opinions. That is what they are, even though you may not be intelligent enough to discern the difference between opinion and fact (clearly, you do not).

I have explained it by using their own words to show they didnt.

For anyone to think they increased the server caps for this transfer is just making things up.

From the point of view of an IT manager, I have to say that BW is absolutely going about this the correct way. It's a very wise and sound approach. I can only surmise that those calling for mass amounts of servers to be done in a day are just simply ignorant of the magnitued of difficulty involved here. If I told my staff they had to migrate 30 servers in a day, I'd be assassinated before lunch.

This forum community is...wow. Words escape me. All of the tripe about BW setting expectations is astoundingly unrealistic. Seriously, BW is not responsible for my expectations. Why would anyone hand over all of that mental real estate to an outside entitty? I am responsible for my expectations. Every individual is responsible for their own expectations. When they don't match up to reality, you don't blame reality. You blame yourself. My expectations for this transfer are very much in line with the way it is going. BW is a company of game developers and designers. They're not your nanny.

Why merge 3 EU pvp servers to different EU pvp servers.. meaning that from the dead servers perhaps 10people are left to swap, so non of the destination servers will have a good balance either

Because they're English, French & German language EU realms.

From the point of view of an IT manager, I have to say that BW is absolutely going about this the correct way. It's a very wise and sound approach. I can only surmise that those calling for mass amounts of servers to be done in a day are just simply ignorant of the magnitued of difficulty involved here. If I told my staff they had to migrate 30 servers in a day, I'd be assassinated before lunch.

This forum community is...wow. Words escape me. All of the tripe about BW setting expectations is astoundingly unrealistic. Seriously, BW is not responsible for my expectations. Why would anyone hand over all of that mental real estate to an outside entitty? I am responsible for my expectations. Every individual is responsible for their own expectations. When they don't match up to reality, you don't blame reality. You blame yourself. My expectations for this transfer are very much in line with the way it is going. BW is a company of game developers and designers. They're not your nanny.

Yeah its quite funny actually. No matter what they do there will always be the community to follow with complaints.

I needed to read that. I feel better now, thanks.

This just in...Europe has three supported languages.

One for each launguage English french and german

They didn't promise ALL the transfers on the 12th. They promised that the service would begin on the 12th and that it would be a gradual implementation.

Again, your fault for not reading their info correctly.

No its not my fault. It is poorly worded and very vague. About at least 2000-3000 people on these forums alone agree with me. When they said transfers would start to selected servers they never said ONLY ONE east coast pve server. Thats NOT gradual by ANYONE's definition except maybe yours since you have chosen the role of bioware apologist.

This was a flop. After months of promising transfers they give you 10 servers only. But hey, we had 10 people online last night. Our server must be booming with activity.

this is something that confuses me about bioware...if there are 10 active players from one faction on a server why is it taking them so long to do this transfer process? You would think they could just look at their internal numbers...see the lowest active population servers and put those as priority that way they could knock out triple the amount of servers they started off today with.

please learn TO READ. These are NOT the only server transfers these are just the first few. They have to wait and see how it goes otherwise they could have problems latter.

He has as much proof as you do with this inane drivvel you are trying to pass off as fact. You haven't explained anything, except for your own narrow view of what you "think" is going on. There is only one group of people who know that. We all know who that is.

But, by all means, keep feeding us your opinions. That is what they are, even though you may not be intelligent enough to discern the difference between opinion and fact (clearly, you do not).

He is actually right. BioWare went on their knees begging for forgiveness because some employee opened his mouth about something that wasn't true i.e. Super Servers.

If they're taking the lowest pop servers and transferring characters to a certain destination server, how are they straining themselves technologically? There's probably 15 people per origin server that wish to transfer. If these are the "lowest" population servers it could be even less. They probably transferred more people at a time when the Asia Minor servers came on. I guess all that we have learned from this is what servers the devs play on.

This is so true ... There is 8 people on all planets on my dead server in "high part of the day - 5PM" where should be quite many people. So when you allow 10 dead servers to transfer it is like 100 transfers if all want to transfer which they do NOT so you have like 50 transfers per this "wave"?

Yes now I know non of the devs play on my server either :D

I have explained it by using their own words to show they didnt.

For anyone to think they increased the server caps for this transfer is just making things up.

Everyone around here, including you, are making things up. The fact that you think you know better than the people who run this game is laughable.

please learn TO READ. These are NOT the only server transfers these are just the first few. They have to wait and see how it goes otherwise they could have problems latter.

lol I have a bridge I can sell you too.

What a joke. Only a handful of server and wait 6 months for maybe another round.

No thanks. :)

Heh, wow. I expected the discontent - just not this much. Well it shows a lot of people still care, at least.

I wonder if they keep The Fatman and Jedi Covenant as destination servers when they start moving up to higher pop servers, or if the lucky few in the most dead servers get the established destinations.