The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I read these posts, thinking I will probably never face these situations, as I rarely use GF for HMFPs, but last night I decided to give it a shot as it was a quiet night in the guild. My sister, who normally is a healer decided to DPS for a change (69/72 optimised) and a shadow in 66/69 gear. we opted for a PUG healer (myself tanking on my vanguard). We queued up and got an instant pop for athiss with a sage healer.

We roll in, say our usual "Hi, Heya. Hello" and I take a quick peek at the healer's gear (health seemed a little low compared to my sister's sage). Us three were on TS and commenting the healer's HP is a little low (27k HP), but hey, I've seen healers with lower health than him do a smashing job at healing. Then I notice the healer is in what looked like mostly old WH gear with sprinkles of partisan thrown in. I was slightly concerned, but not knowing much about sage healing, I tell my sister to check him out. "He'll struggle being in old WH gear, but we should be fine as long as we can burn through things pretty quick".

While this is happening, healer pops in group chat - "Hey guys, I'm in a s***y mood. My crackhead flat mate gave me s**t. so I want a quick run.". My interpretation of the statement - "I'm in a bad mood, so I'm going to demand you bow to my whims for my own enjoyment." I'm instantly annoyed (rubbed me the wrong way, that statement) and get ready to pull the plug and leave, but my sister convinces me to stay. we proceed on and straight away I see we're heading for a disaster. the healer decides its takes too long for me to slice the elevator so jumps STRAIGHT Down, nearly dying. At the bottom, he stops just long enough to heal himself back to half HP and runs for the explosive satchel, while we're coming down. He stops at the entrance of the room just long enough for us to catch up and charges head long into the mob. First attack - Force Wave, scattering everything all over the room. I jump in, collect them up and the 2 dps proceeds to burn them down, none of us receiving any heals. thankfully we were geared enough to withstand it.

Once we have the explosive satchel, I ask the healer, could you please wait for me to grab aggro and unless necessary, don use force wave, it scatters everything and makes it a little difficult for me to keep them bunched up so we can burn them faster. Healer acknowledges and runs off again popping force speed. I sigh and follow up (Hold The Line FTW).

Next Room, I call for a CC (I know we can face roll the mob, but I ask for CCs to minimise incoming damage and found it takes less time to burn trash if the strongs are CCed). Healer decided that's unnecessary and charges head long yet again, using force wave to scatter everything. With 2 silver crabs bearing down on him. I jump in, pop AoE taunt, round them up. 1 silver goes down, my hp down a fair bit before healer decides I'm worth his time to heal up and tops me up.....before dropping another force wave and scattering everything yet again. My sister on TS yells "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? DON'T SCATTER THEM FROM THE TANK!!". We burn them down and move on to the next room. yet again he repeats the force wave...Exasperated, we make our way to Beast of Vodal (not CC-ing shamans, aggroing trash and leaving the rest of us to clean them up while he goes off to aggro another bunch and running back to us for me to pick up aggro.

By now I'm fuming, but keep my mouth shut, my sister is asking him to not run ahead of me and to keep me topped up and she's stuck off-healing me and DPSing at the same time. We start on the beast and I kite him to the little cave on the side (he did say, this needs to be quick and taking the beast to the pond takes too long). It becomes a horrendous exercise. the entire fight, I never recovered my full HP, his heals were barely keeping me alive while standing WITH ME IN FRONT OF THE BEAST. ironically, he's maintaining full heals on the 2 DPS (they never dropped below 90% HP while I was barely alive, DPS sage throwing off heals on me in between fights). We down beastie, but by now, I'm cursing like a drunken sailor on shore leave on TS and tell my sister and the shadow - if this guy keeps pulling this, I'm gone, I wont wear a repair cost borne out of stupidity. We move on and come to the rooms of guardians. I put on group chat, please wait on my pull, these things hurt a lot and your heals are barely keeping up with the damage I'm taking (no response). we go in to the first room of birds (queue force wave scatters, furious button mashing all over) and move to the second one. earlier I asked if we're doing bonus for the loot, to which his reply was "Don't care" so I proceed to rack up kills. while we were clearing trash, he runs off to the first room of guardians and aggros both. I hussle forward, pick them up and promptly lose them (force wave....). More button mashing and pick them up, but now I have both guardians smashing me all over the place. I thought this can't get worse....oh but it did. Healer rushes off and picks up the third guardian (inquisitor ones) and brings him over. So now, I'm getting 3 guardians tossing me around, 1 dps short because DPS sage is supplementing healer's output while DPSing elites and I'm back to being barely alive. We lose the shadow, with none of the guardians down (he's finally in full healing mode - on himself!) seconds later lose my sister and I /stuck it out, I had enough. He goes on my ignore list and I drop out. My sister tells me over TS how he was saying on group chat about having a ball watching me getting tossed around like a pin ball and all he wanted to have fun, ending the fiasco with "Take Care and F U". The Shadow tells the guy - good luck with the GF, you've just gone on the ignore list of a tank who usually tries hard NOT to put people on ignore list. After re-queue, we got Mando Raiders with a PUG slinger who played the class like an absolute pro.

You sir have more patience than me....I would have let him keep aggro after the 2nd time and then once he died (and we all wiped) I would have left. You should have put him on blast on General Chat after that run though. That's a do*che to get enjoyment out of causing a group to wipe. Don't care if he was in a pissy mood

Line of Sight.

LoS pull means a tank engage enemy with range attack and hides behind Line of Sight (los) forcing them to come in his desired place, usualy by the corner they are grouped which makes it easy to maintain aoe threat, and are easier to get AOE beaten without losing threat by tank.

I rarely use it on my tank if I pve (unless a friendly healer asks, or pug healer asks politely) maybe with one exception in Cademinu, not a hard pull but spread and very very annoying, but I don't mind tank doing it, it's his choice (but I preffer them not to, and never asked any tank to do so).

This reminded me of a horrible run I had with my Shadow when I first started Tanking on Shadowlands. I was in horrible gear (PvP Tank/DPS gear and maybe some Columi gear). I had found out the meaning of LoS on a previous run in Maelstrom Prison. The tank at the time said he would LoS the final boss to another room where the adds would not reach us (before they fixed it). So when I do the same run as a Tank a few days later I figured I'd do the same thing...

However the DPS decided to follow me and engaged the boss right there despite me telling him to keep running. So now I'm trying to get aggro and AOE taunt and get the bosses attention and the turrets for the moment until the droids come out...I'm still trying to "LoS" to the other room but the DPS is not having it and keeps grabbing aggro from me. I notice I'm almost full health and both DPS are low and the healer is telling me I did not taunt at the right time in chat lol. I get booted and scarred from the experience and only PvP for the next few months while leveling a Guardian. I'm glad LoS now is more common knowledge though and when I say it people stay put for the most part. (I still have DPS who think I need to be followed instead of staying put. :rolleyes: )

Awesome thread :) and i got some stories as well.

Hammer Station SM on my new gunslinger.

Tank and Healer knew their stuff, but the other dps ( a commando ) a few levels higer than the rest of us had the most awesome rotation I ever saw.

It started with spamming Explosive Round till he was out of energy, then using Recharge cells (if not on cooldown) blowing it all out again with Explosive Round, or using Hammer Shot if he was too low on energy.

Somewhere at the end i think i saw him using Full Auto once or twice.

I never saw someone sticking so much to his (not ideal) rotation :)

A H2 on Voss on my PT Tank, found a Marauder to complete it, and wondered why he only had half my health. After checking his gear out, i saw that he was wearing the full Eradicator Set , unfortunately without any armoring, mod or enhancement :) he had some in his lightsabers which must have been rewards or drops, but not a single mod in his armour.

After pointing this out to him and explainng custom gear to him, he was very gratefull. But i can't stop to wonder how he got to Voss with that gear, it must have been really difficult. But i guess he prefered style over stats :D

And finally a Cademimu HM run on my Powertech. I was pretty new to 55, so not ideally geared, mostly 61s and 63s but i know the fp from my other characters quite well.

All went well, untill the last boss. One of the dps dies pretty soon from a rocket blast ( it can happen so no worries) , the healer uses Combat rezz, and we continue, get the Boss down to 50%, and both dps get shackled and kicked into a flame, no chance to get to them.

So only the healer and me left, and 4:30 cd on combat rezz. So for the next minutes we are trying to dps the boss down, free us of shackles and run out of the rockets. we get himd own to 20% until the rezz is ready again, get a dps up, and finally kill the boss.

Not a bad group or anything, but quite funny seeing us getting the boss HP down really really slowly.

As for those funny dps, who like to jump in before the tank, i ask them kindly to let me pull ( twice), the third time I sit back and relax and enjoy the show as they get eaten alive :)

It's easy, if u want to tank, roll a tank ( you even get instant GF pops on my server as a tank, so go for it )

Just happened to me (lvl 50 Operative healer).

I like to think of myself as a pretty good healer. Thus far, I have been able to keep everyone alive in the most stressful of situations during H4- missions and Flashpoints.

But every once in a while there is a group or just one member of a group screwing everything up and making it impossible to compensate for the damage they take.

This time, I was playing with a lvl 55 Assassin tank, a lvl 53 Sniper and a lvl 52 Marauder. I didn't find the time to look at the tank's gear, but it couldn't have been too great, since he was squishy like hell. I know that Assassin tanks can be really tough, but this one just got down to 50% of his max health in the first 3-4 seconds of every fight.

Additionally, he didn't manage to keep the aggro of the mobs, which started attacking me instead after a few moments, since the two DPS didn't do much at all, leaving me as the member generating the most threat, just by healing everyone.

As I told the tank (politely), that I was having troubles staying alive and healing him at once he told me he was going to take care of the issue.

Well, he didn't. Shortly after, he attacked the next group of enemies while I was still looting chests, which led to him dying in mere seconds causing him to get aggressive and telling me to heal him- note: I was about 150m away from him when he started the attack. I told him to wait for me next time and we kept going.

By the time we arrived at the Boss accompanied by the two droids (FP:Boarding Party), he immediately ran into the mob with me still healing myself. Again he died shortly after due to the fact that only the Boss was attacking him- leaving the two elite Droids untouched which then started firing at me. So while I was busy trying to get the aggro off me and healing the dps to survive the time until the tank gets back he just starts ranting at me in the chat again. That was the moment when I decided to drop out of the group and put the tank onto my ignore list.

Another "fun" FP was Hammer Station SM with my DPS Vanguard.

Our Tank was a Vanguard, the second DD a Commando and the healer was a Sage.

The thing was, that the healer didn't seem to be willing to heal always running into the action first starting off with the aoe blast, hurling every enemy nearby away and in return gaining their aggro. After that, he just spammed his standard melee attack until he was close to death. By that time, the tank had finally managed to gain aggro of every enemy nearby, leaving the healer enough time to heal himself to 100% again, just to start his "rotation" all over again.

We all told him to stop it and heal us instead, leaving the tanking to the tank (duh).

The response was "Why? It seems to work this way why would I change anything?"

This kept repeating itself again and again, until everyone started to tell him to just heal us. In the end, we barely made it through the FP, astonishingly enough- we didn't wipe once.

Still, I put the healer onto my ignore- list afterwards.

Please excuse any errors- I'm not a native speaker.

I'll have to add one/some of my guildies to the list, so not sure if this post fits under the thread title at all :p

I was running Athiss hm (again, seems I only get Cad or Athiss at all on 3 toons lately) and after the tiny dog boss you have the temple guardians and temple disciples and the latter have an increased stealth detection buff.

And my fellow shadow dps tried 4 or 5 times to sap them and lucky as I was I had pulled another mob already.

As it was a full guild run I wanted to see how long it would take him to realize that he cannot (at least he cannot) CC them, and been chatting and laughing in /w with my 'personal' healer about it.:eek:

Once we finished with the champions and before the Prophet I asked him to target one of the remaining mobs and try to read their buffs ... we'll see next time if the /hint worked out. :p

And another Athiss fun guild run ... everything went smooth until Prophet ...

(ok, nearly smooth as one dps always went for the CC'd & marked targets 1st and somehow didn't get the explanation/meaning of CC and marked and ... etc, however no dead ppl until last boss)

... ok Prophet time

Healer (we slightly forced him to come heal ... to get gear and experience) just didn't manage to get the cleanse on his quickbars, to click/press it etc ... and it took some attempts to get it working :p

Then he commited suicide on fireballs while trying to stand near me to heal me (was on my shadow so I really didn't need too much healing) ...

Then while running back (again) a dps brought the remaining Temple champions with him ... and saberslingered the boss straight away (too close to his heal on quickbars) ...

In the end it was really a fun run ... somehow we always had at least one person (dps or healer) running back during the whole last fight until the boss died.

However, I have to admit, if I would have ended up in a pug as tank and these things would happen ... I might would have simply left the group ...

And one more Cad fun thingy ... (this time a real pug group)

On the wookie boss I somehow struggled to get aggro on all adds (DPS just love to AoE them) :o ...

... so I typed in chat that they should stick close to the boss(giving me a chance to get aggro) - and nope, a slinger and commando HAS TO BE at maximum range to be played right. :jawa_frown:

As they refused to get closer(it seems they preferred to run circles like headless chickens with the adds on their trail) I asked them politely to get the adds to the boss at least during his unstable fuel(???) channel/explosion ... and guess what ... they all ran off (I think one nearly reached the elevator) to different directions and I ended up with the healer and a lot ... A LOT of adds to kill.

Edited by Stuffedduck

The moment you realize your tank is really crap is....

when you pull massive heal aggro as watchman sentinel.

To be fair you kinda have to wonder what the healer is up to if that's happening as well.

One story I had was story mode Athiss. I was on my mara dpsing, and it was the healer's first time in. Went well until we got to the final boss, first fireball phase and the healer drops, soon after the other dps falls to the dot and the tank is also dead. At this point the rest of the group decides it's time to start running back in so it's now just me and the boss with me spamming everything I can to stay alive on a carnage mara (no self heals unfortunately).

After a bit the group gets back, tank taunts off me and I have a bit of rest time (still dpsing but at least I'm not solo any more). Then the next fireball phase after they get back comes and I get a bizarre sense of deja vu. Suffice to say by the time the boss dies I'm the only left in the rooms again. Wasn't a bad group was just quite funny how the fight turned out with the healers inexperience.

Edited by WooliestWorm

To be fair you kinda have to wonder what the healer is up to if that's happening as well.

That's what I thought too.

One story I had was story mode Athiss. I was on my mara dpsing, and it was the healer's first time in. Went well until we got to the final boss, first fireball phase and the healer drops, soon after the other dps falls to the dot and the tank is also dead. At this point the rest of the group decides it's time to start running back in so it's now just me and the boss with me spamming everything I can to stay alive on a carnage mara (no self heals unfortunately).

After a bit the group gets back, tank taunts off me and I have a bit of rest time (still dpsing but at least I'm not solo any more). Then the next fireball phase after they get back comes and I get a bizarre sense of deja vu. Suffice to say by the time the boss dies I'm the only left in the rooms again. Wasn't a bad group was just quite funny how the fight turned out with the healers inexperience.

Short term memory like a gold fish :D

I once had to kill the end boss of hs sm by myself as a tank from 50% on, as the other ones were taking dmg like I had never seen before (Standing together in every aoe and running into the boss while he was casting his cone attack) but that's not that difficult because in theory 99% of the dmg the boss does is avoidable (the healer didn't even have to heal me much when he was alive) :D

I've got these two:

# Few days ago, after finishing with my brand new L69 gear augmentation, I decided to queue for a 55HM with my PT and get my daily done. Queue pops for Mando HM, sin and mara DPS and a sorc heals. We managed to LoS on the sucky pulls and burn every group without any issues, and we get to the first boss. As usual, I drop my mark on first hound, and ask for a rcheck. Fight starts, goes smoothly and nice, but I began to notice the sin dropping a taun on certain ocassions. Didn't gave it a thought, and decided to ignore it. Then it became more and more often, until the point he starting pulling before I did. "Sin, do you wanna tank?" was my question. Got no response. I gotta admit I often get way too heated on these kind of situations, but I ignored it, and decided to get a bit ahead of them to jetcharge on everything that needed to get down. We got to the 2nd boss, the pub boarding party. I'm used to tank this boss on middle, holding aggro on the consu, smuggler and trooper, dropping an occasional taunt on the knight and making her join the crowd for the use of AoEs. But in this case, I see the sin possitioning in the classic LoS spot, and calling us there. "I can handle the aggro on mid" I said, and the response was a taunt, so we stacked up right there, and burned 3/4 down. Last one was the consu, and I know his AoE is fatal, so I left the stack, and taunted him over the ramp and moved around as the AoE was hitting ground. "Why did you aggro?" was my question "Because you don't know what you're saying" he said. I raged and told him that this wasn't my first time, that I knew the mechanics and that there's a lot of ways of doing every fight. We got to Gill, and my DPS pair kept staying with the boss during the whole AoE phase, so I decided to taunt him away and move around the room, trying to make the healer's job easier. We wiped. After that, I started a votekick on this sin, and argued a bit with him. "Too much drama, I'm out" says the healer, and I find myself alone with the mara. We managed to find replacements for healer and DPS, killed Gill, the pair of turrets and moved to last boss. No more aggro issues, no more lack of DPS.

#Fresh 50 PT, tank. I managed to stack 23k health with purple gear and some augments I made with my armstech. Queued up for a flashpoint and got a team for D7 HM. I say hi everyone, and my response was "Guard" from the sorc healer. I dropped my guard on him, since I knew how the "no guard = no heals" situation goes, and decided not to step on one of those. I proposed to skip most of it, and the group agreed. Our sorc DPS was having some troubles, and needing to be afk sometimes. "we can clean trash" was my fellow marauder suggestion, on which we decided to move ahead the next group of mobs. Suddenly my screen shakes, and I find myself being pulled by my sorc healer. "Wait for him!!". I told him we could clean the trash mobs after the first elite without an issue, but my response when I was about to jetcharge at the group, was another pull. The sorc came back, we cleaned the trash and blew up the pile of explosives to drop a bridge and move to the second part of the flashpoint. But again, right before I engaged every group, the sorc kept pulling me over and over again. Figured the guy was a troll, and decided to leave the flashpoint and type /ignore on my troll friend. Funny thing is that after that, as a fresh 55 (1 week later) guildies decided to pug for KP, and we find our pulling sorcerer inside the pug. After stop ignoring him, he whispered a big apology to me and told me he was having a crappy day that time, and that's why he was so annoying.

Two of those you'd say, these guys don't like things done other way than theirs.

I heard once "Group finder taught me to adapt for the weirdest situations, and try my best at them"

Wise words, but hard, really hard to do.

Did u already play as healer ?

Yes, just look in my sig and I even played as a healer yesterday, that's why I wrote it.

Before a sent/mara pulls heal aggro, the healer normally does, that's why I had the aggro of most mobs in my cademimu sm and boarding party sm run yesterday, a bad tank who only hits one mob (even worse is when the dps are bad too and they don't kill away the thrash from small to big, so more things hit on you longer)

PS: It's always funny as a healer to look at the tanks procs/buffs

Yesterday I(31 ops heal) had a jugg tank in the cade sm run I already mentioned, he clearly had know idea of tanking, even the most basic tanking principles couldn't be recognized in him (guard, try to get things of the healer, positioning, I liked it more when the mara tanked, because he actually knew his stuff)

We got to the lobby where the bunch of standard mobs drop from the ceiling, that's where I noticed a proc he got, it was from the rage tree.

We got to the last boss (I had to heal my *** of so we could even get there) before he jumped in he used all his def cd's :eek:

After a very short while it didn't really matter, because the mara pulled aggro from him with ease and he tanked the boss until the end (no taunt was seen from the tank in this fight)

After we killed the boss I asked the tank "have you ever tanked before?" he responded with "I have an assa tank on lvl 55, but I just don't have my grasp on the jugg", somehow I still couldn't believe that he had tanked before. ;)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Just went into an utterly horrific Mando Raiders (55HM FP). From the beginning there was a problem; the healer and our DPS had at least 5k health more than the tank, which was quite clearly sporting a mix of Rakata/Black Hole/Hazmat. MDPS says the tank's gonna get creamed; I say stick it out 'cos the healer is damned good. The tank takes damage like it's going out of style, but our healer keeps him alive.

First boss:

1. The dogs go after us as planned at first
  2. However, the tank then decides to come over and 'help' us DPS the dogs. With the boss following behind.
  3. The MDPS is screaming at him to get the %^$& away; he doesn't listen
  4. Everyone gets horrendously low on health
  5. We barely manage to beat the boss.

There aren't many hiccups, but at this point everyone online in our guild is getting a running commentary on the tank's 'issues'.

Boarding Party boss:

1. The tank sets up a sin's shelter, which the healer heals from; I suspect it's the only reason the tank stayed alive
  2. it all goes to hell after the smugg dies and the trooper's the only one left.
  3. First the tank dies
  4. Then the healer gets wailed on because of lack of tank
  5. Then the MDPS dies to a full auto
  6. Then I get murdered by what I suspect is the basic attack.
  7. We try again and get them.

Then, in the bonus boss room, the tank walks off the ledge and dies. We all lose it in mumble and start ROFLMAOing.

Bonus boss:

1. The boss goes straight for me in about five seconds despite the fact I've already gone for my aggro dropper.
  2. The tank stands there doing nothing for a while,, then taunts and promptly runs away, taking the boss and the MDPS with him
  3. The tank then starts kiting and promptly dies. The MDPS tanks for a bit while I battle rez him.
  4. The tank proceeds to do everything BUT keep the boss in one spot. The MDPS is forced to chase the boss everywhere.
  5. By this point, the rest of my guildies are adding their own running commentary.
  6. We finally manage to kill the boss.

The tank runs into the room and is promptly practically one shotted before the healer can get to him. The MDPS tanks and then I pull the aggro off him. After this, we spend so long outside the final boss room I begin to wonder if there is a newly discovered strat in which we pull the boss out of the room.

The final boss went not too badly, actually. We got through the fight alive, although as mentioned before the tank was taking crazy amounts of damage. After saying our goodbyes, the tank promptly went on our ignore list.

I had my first bad run on my healer last night. I got a SM Athiss, my first Athiss run as heals. We all get in and I notice my tank is wearing a trooper chest piece, my first thought after seeing this is "please don't let this run be a 'Weird people you meet in group finder' run". I attempt to inspect him but he's off and running already. Get to the elevator to go down into the ruins and the DPS sage in the group slices it, tank jumps down the other side anyways, I don't think too much of it, just a little nervous that he's kind of rushing in but whatever. So, we go to pick up the explosives, fight starts, when my bubble goes down on him his health starts dropping fast for what I'm used too, "that's odd" I think to myself and check his buffs. He's not in Soresu form, I ask him to switch, but loot distribution covers my request and he runs off. I continue to ask him to switch occassionaly but he just keeps going and rushing into fights until he finally goes down, I couldn't get my bubble back up on him and the DPS started pulling aggro. Once he comes back I inspect his gear, he's wearing level 10 or 15 trooper gear in some slots, mostly greens.

We get to the first boss and actually manage to take it. At this point I'm getting frustrated but I'm willing to work with him, so now I'm starting to push that he needs to be in Soresu and the DPS with me start to say the same thing. Now he starts talking to us, saying he's French and is having a hard time understanding what we're saying. This frustrates me, now, I feel bad and don't want to be rude, but its a NA East Coast server man, you kind of need to be able to commuicate if you're going to pick an American server, if you don't then pick a European server, that's why they're there, ya know? So, anyway, as I'm trying to now break this language barrier and get the point that he needs to switch to Soresu across he runs off and starts fighting again, I make it to him when he has like 25% health left, I get him healed up but the DPS have peeled everything off him, he goes down while I'm trying to get the DPS up and we wipe. At this point one DPS initiates a vote kick. I've never vote kicked before, but now he says "what's you're reason?" We explain he needs to switch to a tanking stance because he's queued as a tank. He types in all caps "WHAT YOUR LANGUAGE MEAN?"

So, my first acceptance of a vote kick ever, and first story for The Weird People You Meet in Group Finder. :(

Now he starts talking to us, saying he's French and is having a hard time understanding what we're saying. This frustrates me, now, I feel bad and don't want to be rude, but its a NA East Coast server man, you kind of need to be able to commuicate if you're going to pick an American server, if you don't then pick a European server, that's why they're there, ya know?

I play on JKS (german server) and I tell everyone who only speaks english/french to please reroll on an english/french server (they're mostly in the region of lvl 1-20 so it wouldn't hurt so much)

It's not that I'm unable to speak english (however I don't know much french) it's for their good, so they can really enjoy the community and are not kicked from most groups they encounter.

I always wonder how one can ignore the "language" column in the server selection :confused:

Now he starts talking to us, saying he's French and is having a hard time understanding what we're saying. This frustrates me, now, I feel bad and don't want to be rude, but its a NA East Coast server man, you kind of need to be able to commuicate if you're going to pick an American server, if you don't then pick a European server, that's why they're there, ya know?:(

He is probably from Canada

My PT has a multitude of horror stories to share, most of it from GF.

Was in a normal mode BP a couple of weeks back, I was tanking and I'm fairly certain that my other groupmates were F2Pers. They were all in the same guild, and unfortunately for them they took it as a sign that they could need on EVERYTHING. Healer wasn't too hot (I kept going for my defensive CDs) and the MDPS (a fat Mara) kept pulling before I could so much as move. They all went on the ignore list after the FP. (I should've left them in the Q :D)

Mando Raiders, normal mode. The only time I got a heal was when I shouted for heals on the first boss and the DPS threw a kolto missile my way. The 'healer' was a sorc with some pretentious Latin for a guild name, I highly suspect he was F2P, and he was choosing to whack away with a saber strike instead of doing his job. We booted him after the first set of trash turrets, we got a new healer, and everything was fine and dandy.

This isn't a horror story, but I went into an in-progress Kaon where the tank quit after the turrets because 'he didn't get his loot'.

I remember doing Cademimu with a Jedi Guardian tank who wasn't really a tank. We kept telling him to activate Soresu form and put a Guard on the healer, we kept wiping, our "tank" kept ignoring us. After the second or third boss I enraged and activated Soresu myself and put on a shield, since I was also a JG, and all the mobs seemed to favore me over the tank anyway, lol. I wasn't using the proper tree, and still it was much easier than with the first Guardian "tanking".

I remember queuing in group finder on my healer alt for a 55 HM Cademimu -- and I got this absolutely awful tank/DPS pair. The tank was bad with cooldowns and couldn't keep threat, but the DPS was both bad (low DPS) and offensive in chat. He refused to listen to advice, failed to CC or broke CC at every opportunity, and maintained a stream of invective directed at me and the other DPS throughout this flashpoint.

This DPS also couldn't understand how to break shackles on the General Ortol fight and then decided to tell everyone else THEY were idiots on the ensuing and inevitable wipe.

I'd had enough of his nonsense by this point, so I started a vote-kick. The other DPS apparently voted with me and the offensive guy was ejected from the group. The tank mentioned with some evident disbelief that we were "stupid" because we'd just kicked his friend -- they were in the same guild and I hadn't even realized it.

The tank left, too.

I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion. :cool:

Was doing Athiss last night with a Shadow tank, Commando DPS and a gunslinger healer. On one of the drops there was a willpower single lightsaber, I left it thinking that if it was an upgrade for the shadow he would pull the mods out and put it in his double blade, but no he just swapped the lightsabers over and continued on with a single blade, he did not reply when I wispered why he had done that, Not to anybodys suprise we got wiped at the final boss several times.

I looked at their gear (by this point I realised they must have all been in the same guild) and none of them were really in up to date gear about 14-15 greens. by this point they all just gave up and left the area/group withoput so much as a goodbye.

Not the most interesting story I know but anyway.

I remember doing Cademimu with a Jedi Guardian tank who wasn't really a tank. We kept telling him to activate Soresu form and put a Guard on the healer, we kept wiping, our "tank" kept ignoring us. After the second or third boss I enraged and activated Soresu myself and put on a shield, since I was also a JG, and all the mobs seemed to favore me over the tank anyway, lol. I wasn't using the proper tree, and still it was much easier than with the first Guardian "tanking".

Put guard on the healer? No...don't ever do that. :jawa_biggrin:

a gunslinger healer.

Not the most interesting story I know but anyway.

That's the interesting part, they might have lied to you from the beginning, gunslinger do rarely heal (other than themselfes in the middle tree). :D

I think you meant a scoundrel

Maybe if he's a gunslinger :D

But no you really don't want to do that normally (there are a few exceptions like The terror from beyond)

That's the interesting part, they might have lied to you from the beginning, gunslinger do rarely heal (other than themselfes in the middle tree). :D

I think you meant a scoundrel

I probably got them mixed up as I never played Smugglar that far.

Actually, Xander (Cademinu's first boss) may be an exception. Typical tactic is everyone including the tank go on the droid when it starts moving, kill the droid and turn back to the boss. However, when things get wrong, such as the first trap is missed, characters will get a lot of damage that the healer would heal, generating thread. Since Xander is left alone, the aggro swaps to the healer.

A taunt fixes that if the healer or the tank get what's going on soon enough, despite it's unusual and everyone is running around trying to catch back the initial mistake. So a shield on the healer might be appropriate.

It happened a couple of time lately. The first time the tank was shouting "Heal! Heal!" while my sage was struggling for life, being sniped by the boss. At the end, the tank shrugged the fight was painful, suggesting we didn't do our job (sure!) With this experience, the next time it happened, I understood quicker where all that damages came from and asked the tank to taunt the boss.