BH Healing for PVE

Chorusgirl

~*Recommended stats*~ <NEW>

With talent points in System Calibrations and Critical Reaction the Alacrity break points is as follows

221 alacrity with 2 pc bonus - Allows 6 HS in a HS>RS rotation during SCG

240 alacrity without the 2 pc bonus - Allows 5 HS in a HS>RS rotation during SCG

Without Two Piece

Aim > Power > Alacrity to 141 > Surge to 308 > Crit to 740 > Alacrity

With Two Piece

Aim > Power > Alacrity to 90 > Surge to 308 > Crit to 740 > Alacrity

These figures are based off the math done by Keegan
I did a short summary based off of his hard work.

I added some better parameters for the different stats that you should be shooting for based off Keegan's sithwarrior guide. Pop over and check it out. I dumbed it down a bit telling you what you should get but no the in depth 'why' you should get these stats. Hope this is helpful.

Currently working on a complete BIS gear list based on a mix of the standard modifications that are inherit in the gear as well as an ultimate BIS list with all 58 mods and enhancements.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality of the video tends to rely on the quality of which you record and the quality in which you render it as. I'm no expert on it but if you are running something such as fraps like I do, there are options to record at "Half-size" of the screen or "Full size" of the screen. Obviously full size of the screen gives better results.

There will also be options in whatever program you use to render the raw footage into a movie. I'm not totally sure but most programs should give you an option to render in 1080p which is one of the higher qualities. Of course it will take longer to render, too.

As far as music choice, the only recommendation I can give as far as music is that the choice fits the pace of the fight to make it the most enjoyable to watch. The type of music is definitely personal preference (and I must say, dubstep is not a bad choice by any means). You can put almost any kind of music to a video and sometimes even edit the video around the music. One example I think I achieved this in was:

(There was also slight motivation for the song because I was reading a thread in which people were complaining the BH's could not do anything solo because heat was too restricting, it urged me to post this video. That's another topic entirely, though)

I don't find a lot of rock songs to kill videos, but I think it fits and I do like the Foo Fighters. Also, dubstep.

Keep in mind that it's nothing of the caliber of CKN, as the date is pretty late in comparison to any real competitive guild (I think) and I really consider myself only an average BH healer at the time this was shot. Never-the-less, this is a hardmode pre-nerf kill running with people who only met after they dinged 50 (We basically just found most the people who hit level 50 first, and tried to find raid times that worked for everyone. Not the easiest thing to do when a lot of your members still raid in WoW :p) It's more of an example of editting more than anything. I'm sure many people out there will call it horrible choice of music and not like it.

If there are parts you want to emphasize, you can line it up with intense parts of the music along with zooming and all kinds of other crazy editting functions. If you want to keep it simple, I'd say your choice of dubstep was not a bad one at all. Thumbs up.

Edited by Fgtsean

The quality of the video tends to rely on the quality of which you record and the quality in which you render it as. I'm no expert on it but if you are running something such as fraps like I do, there are options to record at "Half-size" of the screen or "Full size" of the screen. Obviously full size of the screen gives better results.

There will also be options in whatever program you use to render the raw footage into a movie. I'm not totally sure but most programs should give you an option to render in 1080p which is one of the higher qualities. Of course it will take longer to render, too.

As far as music choice, the only recommendation I can give as far as music is that the choice fits the pace of the fight to make it the most enjoyable to watch. The type of music is definitely personal preference (and I must say, dubstep is not a bad choice by any means). You can put almost any kind of music to a video and sometimes even edit the video around the music. One example I think I achieved this in was:

(There was also slight motivation for the song because I was reading a thread in which people were complaining the BH's could not do anything solo because heat was too restricting, it urged me to post this video. That's another topic entirely, though)

I don't find a lot of rock songs to kill videos, but I think it fits and I do like the Foo Fighters. Also, dubstep.

Keep in mind that it's nothing of the caliber of CKN, as the date is pretty late in comparison to any real competitive guild (I think) and I really consider myself only an average BH healer at the time this was shot. Never-the-less, this is a hardmode pre-nerf kill running with people who only met after they dinged 50 (We basically just found most the people who hit level 50 first, and tried to find raid times that worked for everyone. Not the easiest thing to do when a lot of your members still raid in WoW :p) It's more of an example of editting more than anything. I'm sure many people out there will call it horrible choice of music and not like it.

If there are parts you want to emphasize, you can line it up with intense parts of the music along with zooming and all kinds of other crazy editting functions. If you want to keep it simple, I'd say your choice of dubstep was not a bad one at all. Thumbs up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm playing around with a new program to see if it's easier to find a higher quality rendering. I also need to get a graphic overlay if i'm to have higher quality.

I've been messing around with my gear the past couple days trying to get my alacrity down a bit. I wanted to share the numbers I have here. I replaced 4 of my crit/alacrity 58 enhancements with crit/surg 56 enhancements that I pulled out of the BH Columi healing helm. These enhancements have 23 endurance, 34 crit, and 48 surge. I have listed in the spread sheet the unmodified gear pieces and then on the second tab labeled "Modified" the new figures.

Spread Sheet with Totals

At this point in time the true BIS gear would take a lot of crit/surge enhancements to replace almost all of the ones that come in our Rakata gear. It would also involved having two Columi Implants (both of which have alacrity on them) but with the aim augment they are superior to every other implant assuming you can replace the crit/alacrity and power/alacrity enhancements with crit/surge or power/crit. This would be an expensive endevor at this point in time.

But for now I hope this spreadsheet is helpful.

Just a quick thing - your spreadsheet crit total is wrong. You are summing up the surge column rather than the crit column.

It should be =SUM(H4:H42)

There is also no total for the Surge column, but you just need to paste the from the crit column :p

Just a quick thing - your spreadsheet crit total is wrong. You are summing up the surge column rather than the crit column.

It should be =SUM(H4:H42)

There is also no total for the Surge column, but you just need to paste the from the crit column :p

I didn't protect the sheet properly and someone changed the sums. It should be all fixed now.

I updated my spreadsheet to have a true BIS list, these are protected so if you want to mess around with the stats you can create a duplicate tab.

Spread Sheet with Totals

At this point in time the true BIS gear would take a lot of power/surge enhancements to replace almost all of the ones that come in our Rakata gear. It would also involved having two Columi Implants (both of which have alacrity on them) and a Columi Earpiece (also has alacrity) but with the aim augment they are superior to every other implant and ear assuming you can replace the crit/alacrity and power/alacrity enhancements with crit/surge or power/surge. This would be an expensive endevor at this point in time. You would have to obtain 13 armoring/mod/enhancements to make it work. They go for like 1 mil a piece on my server.

Our Rakata Legs, Gloves, or Helm should be replaced with one orange mod-able piece to maintain the 4 pc bonus but with a 58 armoring that's 48 end 61 aim instead of the 55 end 51 aim that's built into the gear.

200 Crit chance puts me at a total of 35% to my heals unbuffed with 1800 total aim (this is the only difference in my spreadsheet since I don't have the armoring to use my bracers yet).

Pretty much point for point you can trade crit for power, and point for point you can trade surge for alacrity.

5 slot modded weapons are probably better than the rakata ones since we just use them as stat sticks and don't rely on the weapon damage that they provide. I need to figure out the best barrel that you can get in game and i'll finish the weapons at a later point in time.

Edited by Chorusgirl

~*New Section Added*~

BIS Gear

Set Pieces - Need 4 out of 5 with an orange replacing the Helm, Gloves or Legs (I would recommend Helm if you normally hide yours so that your set appears complete)

Head: [Modifiable Helm] + [Advanced Reflex Armoring 25] + [Advanced Agile Mod 25] + [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25]+ [Reflex Augment 22]

Chest: [Rakata Combat Medic's Body Armor] ---swap to---> [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25]

Gloves: [Rakata Combat Medic's Gauntlet]s ---swap to---> [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25]

Legs: [Rakata Combat Medic's Legplates] ---swap to---> [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25]

Boots: [Rakata Combat Medic's Boots] ---swap to---> [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25]

Ear: [Columi Combat Medic's Relay] + [Reflex Augment 22]

Implant 1:[Columi Combat Medic's Enhancer] + [Reflex Augment 22]

Implant 2:[Columi Combat Medic's System] + [Reflex Augment 22]

Wrist: Modifiable Bracers - List Here + [Advanced Reflex Armoring 25] + [Advanced Agile Mod 25]

-OR- Armormechs can use their BOP bracers as long as they have an augment this would be -9 aim and +26 power
+

Belt: Civilian Pilot Belt + [Advanced Reflex Armoring 25] + [Advanced Agile Mod 25]

The Pilot belt is purchase with Fleet commendations.

-OR- Armormechs can use their BOP Belt as long as they have an augment this would be +9 aim the 11 crit could be swapped for 11 power if you use the fully modded belt, overall this would be superior to the fully modded belt.
+

Main Hand: Modifiable Pistol (with augment) + [Advanced Reflex Barrel 22] +[Advanced Adept Enhancement 25] + [Advanced Agile Mod 25] + [Reflex Augment 22]

Offhand: Modifiable Pistol (with augment) + [Advanced Reflex Barrel 22] + [Advanced Agile Mod 25] + [Advanced Adept Enhancement 25] + [Reflex Augment 22]

For the helm you have listed as BIS being modifiable with a augment slot. Is this even possible prior to 1.2? All the research I have done points to no. I could be missing something, but I can't find a single person in game that has (or has even seen) an augmented orange piece of armor.

For the helm you have listed as BIS being modifiable with a augment slot. Is this even possible prior to 1.2? All the research I have done points to no. I could be missing something, but I can't find a single person in game that has (or has even seen) an augmented orange piece of armor.

You don't need an augment in the helm for it to be BIS, you just need all 58 modifications

Edit: you need the 61 aim armoring.

Edited by Chorusgirl

Hi,

I cannot seem to find the Enhancer listed below, all I can see at the vendor is the System. Can you not just buy 2 x System's?

Hi,

I cannot seem to find the Enhancer listed below, all I can see at the vendor is the System. Can you not just buy 2 x System's?

I wasn't sure which implant was the crafted one, it was one or the other. The one that is not on the vendor the the item that you need to get. It is the crafted version, the crafter needs to get a augment. So you could see some that do have an augment and some that don't (on the GTN).

If I'm soloing will I still be able to put out good damage while being in heal spec?

You can, with good damage companion. I usually use Torian while I'm doing quests. You can do pretty good burst with Supercharged Gas + Power Shot spam. That and Unload is what I use when I'm questing.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the potential noobish question but I just hit 50 like a week ago. For the BiS list, the ear and implants are listed as having an augment slot but on the Ilum vendor, it doesnt show. Is there 2 versions? Like 1 with no augment from commendations and 1 from raids with? Thanks

This is what I posted on the PTS forums

Diary Entry March 19, 2012

Thank you BW for fixing our Rakata gear for better itemization. The legs, chest, and boots now have built in Power/Surge. This is closer to the proper stats that we want to have as a healing Bounty Hunter.

I thought the changes initially were completely awful when I first jumped into the new flashpoint. While learning the new fights in 'Lost Island' I was cursing bioware up and down wanting my old heat costs back. We survived all of the new flashpoint and then I was on a mission to figure out my new basic rotations without reaching heat cap most of the fight.

The next night I worked on my napkin math and basic rotation on the fleet. While doing this I came to the realization that I wanted 0 alacrity on my gear. I had a very minimal amount coming from live (120 alacrity), I still kept the alacrity talents (4% + 5% on crits) since damage reduction was not really need in any of the fights up to this point. I bought a couple pairs of operative columi gloves with the left over tokens that I had on my freshly copied toon. I swapped the power/surge enhancements in and got rid of the alacrity ones. Many practiced rotations and excel napkin math spreadsheets later it occurred to me: Bioware wants BH healers to use rapid shot more in their rotation!

I came up with some basic rotations that I've been reprogramming my fingers to do so I'm not constantly heat capped. Below I spelled out how I heal on the current live patch and then how I'm healing on the PTS 1.2 build.

Managing a Supercharge Gas Rotation

Single Target –

How Supercharged Gas used to work: you could get pop it about 25 heat and start spamming

HS > RS > HS > RS > HS > RS > HS > RS

How Supercharged Gas works now: The ideal time to pop Supercharged Gas is at <10 heat and you can spam

HS > RS > Emergency Scan > HS > RS > Rapid Shot > HS > RS

and that will put you directly at ~40 heat at the end of the SCG buff with the 2 pc rakata bonus.

Multiple Targets –

How Supercharged Gas used to work: you could get pop it about 25 heat and start spamming

Kolto Missiles > HS > RS > HS > Kolto Missiles > RS > HS

How Supercharged Gas works now: The rotation will look more like

Kolto Missiles > HS > RS > HS > Free ability > Free Ability > Kolto Missiles > RS > HS > Free ability

It's all a matter of rewiring your brain and fingers to click certain buttons in a certain order. It's not that bad. I'm going to post some more numbers once we check out the new Operations. But for changing your gear, I would suggest for this build of PTS 1.2 to drop all your alacrity

I recently healed the new world boss encounter on Voss - Nightmare Pilgrim. I have a video of the fight here. I was getting 6 frames per second due to my computer. I'm running a Q6700 cpu, GTX 280 graphic card, 6 GB of ram, and have high speed cable internet through Comcast. For this fight our healing set up was 2 BH, 1 Op, and 1 Sorc. You can see how I am managing my heat (somewhat sucessfully) in this video.

What I'm really interested in seeing is my overall healing compared to the other healers in my guild. So once there is some better tools that can compare the logs of all of the healers in the guild I'll be able to provide a more visual comparison of the different healing classes with the current build on the 1.2 PTS.

So with this I'd like to open the floor for discussion, I'll be updating this thread with my discoveries as I tinker with my gear and rotation and the application of the new way of healing once we hit the new operations, we might end up doing a couple Operation fights on PTS if they don't open the new Explosive Conflict one soon, just to test out the new combat log and compare some more numbers.

Note: This is from my post on the PTS forum post. I'm currently copied and actively testing the BH changes. So subscribe to this thread if you want to follow the new changes and my thoughts on it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=368624

Edited by Chorusgirl