Starting a family

footb

so I have one of my characters romancing vette and so far the story arc has ended with her mentioning she wants kids. is that something that may actually happen?

It is possible, but not likely, as it would be a pretty major thing, but they could only implement it for those who romanced Vette, so basically a lot of work for only a small sub-set of the popluation.

This game is rated T for teen. The process for starting a family sadly cannot be done under this.

:)

T just means you don't see anything. Trust me, those acts happen in this game all the time if you choose every flirt option available.

It is possible, but not likely, as it would be a pretty major thing, but they could only implement it for those who romanced Vette, so basically a lot of work for only a small sub-set of the popluation.

T just means you don't see anything. Trust me, those acts happen in this game all the time if you choose every flirt option available.

I even put the smiley face to indicate my joking. How is this not apparent?

Pregnant female pc's and adoption or surrogacy for the gay!

:rak_03:This will probably not ever happen, you can't even have kids in the other Bioware games(not really anyway), it'll be quite some for a game like swtor to allow you to!

I'm pretty sure this is where the whole Legacy concept comes into play. I know of plenty of people who make new characters that they play as the children of their other characters and their LIs. It does take some mental gymnastics....especially if you're playing the child as the same class as the parent, and encountering the other parent/LI as a companion and potential LI...but it's doable.

Of course, if you're wanting to play as your characters being pregnant and having little sprogs then....that'll have to be straight head-canon.

Edited by feylyndiira

Of course, if you're wanting to play as your characters being pregnant and having little sprogs then....that'll have to be straight head-canon.

I used the timeskips in-game to headcanon having children. For instance, my knight and Kira had a child in the time between Makeb and Shadow of Revan. In my headcanon, Kira wasn't involved in Forged Alliances - she was safe somewhere where the Jedi Council wouldn't find out she's pregnant during that time. ("Oh, uh, I have this super-important mission to go on...at the other end of the galaxy...that I can't tell anybody about because reasons so, ah, see you in a few months, byeeeee!") She gave birth shortly afterwards, between Forged Alliances and Shadow of Revan proper (since it's implied there's at least a few months between FA and SOR).

Of course any kids never show up in-game, so... yeah, headcanon. Works wonders. XD

My character is happily childfree, and when asked about kids at the end of her SW class storyline, she totally deflected it, LOL. There was a bit where LS Jaesa asked about her having children, and she turned around and said something like, "Um, I encourage YOU to have kids, Jaesa." LOL.

Lana doesn't seem to want kids either, so my SW is safe. :) In all seriousness I hope that if it ever does actually come up in the romance storylines, the player will have a choice if they want their character to go down that road.

All heroes inherit celibacy form their parents. :D

It'd be too difficult to get past the censors, and there are so many different combinations of children, that the writers would never be able to keep up. Heck they can't do a republic and empire story any more. :(

OFC some races are probably incompatible as well. :rak_04:

OFC some races are probably incompatible as well. :rak_04:

Some of them are definitely incompatible.

Others (human/PBS, for example) are no problem.

And there are some that are fertile but problematic. Apparently, the Lore Sayeth that Miralukas and humans are mutually fertile most of the time, but...

* They inherit "real" vision from the human parent, and "bad real vision" from the Miraluka parent.

* They inherit "force" vision from the Miraluka parent, and "bad force vision from the human parent.

This makes them effectively near-blind in both ways of seeing. Not good.

I see you finally understand the US censors!!!

That is funny because in Germany it is nearly the opposite aspect of censorship. Sex is no problem but too much brutality and anything connected with Nazis get censored (we are not allowed to kill Nazis in Wolfenstein and don't see the Swastika, that is annoying)

My character is happily childfree, and when asked about kids at the end of her SW class storyline, she totally deflected it, LOL. There was a bit where LS Jaesa asked about her having children, and she turned around and said something like, "Um, I encourage YOU to have kids, Jaesa." LOL.

Lana doesn't seem to want kids either, so my SW is safe. :) In all seriousness I hope that if it ever does actually come up in the romance storylines, the player will have a choice if they want their character to go down that road.

Yeah, having been through the whole childbirth thing once IRL, I have no desire to RP my fictional characters going through all that. In the 50 gazillion characters I've made over the years, only one of my characters had a kid...because I decided to make one of my new Agent toons the daughter of one of my female Warriors and Quinn. Beyond that...nope...no need tor them to go down the whole pregnant/domestic route. Getting married was the limits for me.

That is funny because in Germany it is nearly the opposite aspect of censorship. Sex is no problem but too much brutality and anything connected with Nazis get censored (we are not allowed to kill Nazis in Wolfenstein and don't see the Swastika, that is annoying)

And this ^^ is one of the many, many reasons I love living in Europe much more than the US.