Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

has any1 had luck restoring guild tabs from there old guild on balborra as we been told we have to wait until force transfer to happen and move back to the old guild, has any1 else been told this as well or has any1 had any luck with it?

I know some people have had luck with it, but we've been absolutely ignored since Thursday with sufficient evidence and reasonable report in tickets and via email. It's a new low of customer service; we're not buying new banks for a while in case we can get the old ones back, but having to wait for three days with not a hint at a reply is appalling. We didn't ask for this to happen to our guild, so on Bioware's part I'd appreciate some empathy- I'm not sure they're capable of sympathy unless we pay them to feel it! I'd like some more acknowledgement and help.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people have had luck with it, but we've been absolutely ignored since Thursday with sufficient evidence and reasonable report in tickets and via email. It's a new low of customer service; we're not buying new banks for a while in case we can get the old ones back, but having to wait for three days with not a hint at a reply is appalling. We didn't ask for this to happen to our guild, so on Bioware's part I'd appreciate some empathy- I'm not sure they're capable of sympathy unless we pay them to feel it! I'd like some more acknowledgement and help.

I hear the current rate for sympathy is 10,000 CC :p

I just did a flashpoint on The Bastion, and I don't want to whinge but the game could obviously do with some optimisation. It's obviously poorly designed for those with a lower ping.

I sit between 230 to 350ms, just like other MMOs. But whereas with games like Rift and WoW I don't notice the lag, in SWTOR it's pretty obvious and annoying. I'm no dev, so I don't know what it is specifically, but there must be something that can be improved about the movement animations or ability activations or something... feels like I'm always one step behind the game.

On a side note, anyone know if the NBN will help with latency?

I just did a flashpoint on The Bastion, and I don't want to whinge but the game could obviously do with some optimisation. It's obviously poorly designed for those with a lower ping.

I sit between 230 to 350ms, just like other MMOs. But whereas with games like Rift and WoW I don't notice the lag, in SWTOR it's pretty obvious and annoying. I'm no dev, so I don't know what it is specifically, but there must be something that can be improved about the movement animations or ability activations or something... feels like I'm always one step behind the game.

I moved one of my 55's across (a Shadow DPS) and noticed the lag first flash point I did. Instead of instant casting it takes like 1 second to cast because of the lag.

Also interrupts are almost impossible now. 1 second boss cast, 250ms of lag, 250ms for the server to ack the interrupt, that gives us less than 1/2 a second to get the 1 second cast (which I think is almost impossible even if you have it bound to a mouse button etc).

Think this is my time to stop playing....Its just not fun now

I moved one of my 55's across (a Shadow DPS) and noticed the lag first flash point I did. Instead of instant casting it takes like 1 second to cast because of the lag.

Also interrupts are almost impossible now. 1 second boss cast, 250ms of lag, 250ms for the server to ack the interrupt, that gives us less than 1/2 a second to get the 1 second cast (which I think is almost impossible even if you have it bound to a mouse button etc).

Think this is my time to stop playing....Its just not fun now

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks to all the arses that pushed for a US server merge. You couldn't have just waited for server transfers and moved yourselves?

My guess on the NBN would be no. Once your traffic gets to the submarine cables that connect Australia to the world, the NBN will have no effect whatsoever.

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear.

Thanks to all the arses that pushed for a US server merge. You couldn't have just waited for server transfers and moved yourselves?

Could have waited but when there was 3 people on the fleet I kind of thought my chances for any Flashpoints popping would be fairly limited :p

Could have waited but when there was 3 people on the fleet I kind of thought my chances for any Flashpoints popping would be fairly limited :p

I've done a few OPs since the transfer and it's only really noticeable when you have to switch targets and for interrupts. I went from 11ms to 155ms. I'm sure it's worse for others say in WA instead of Sydney where I am. The dps queue for FPs was just as long on Harbinger as it used to be on Dalborra. I haven't pvp'd yet on new server, so yet to see what that feels like.

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.

sorry, comparing 2 different MMO Game Engines is like Apples to Oranges. That said, All your other points seem valid enough, but i haven't played Rift.

Edited by orpheus

So do we think the Achievements that got screwed in the transfer will be fixed in 2.2? It really sucks, I know not everyone cares about achievements, but I've been working really hard on mine.

The ones I had partially completed are totally screwed now and I don't want to start any that weren't started because I am worried that if they ever do fix it, it would wipe out all my new effort.

If they do fix it they are probably gonna a) reset everything uncompleted to 0 or b) divide everything by the number of toons you transferred (thus fixing the broken ones, but screwing any new ones you have been gaining). I find it hard to believe they will put the effort in for c) fix the broken ones, but check which ones you've been working on since the transfer.

So I am kinda in limbo here without a fix. I wish they would just confirm if it would be fixed in 2.2 or not.

I don't even notice any form of lag tbh. I definetly prefer the high pops now because I can actually group up instead of waiting forever to get anything happening.

Thanks Bioware for allowing me to transfer off the APAC servers.

So do we think the Achievements that got screwed in the transfer will be fixed in 2.2? It really sucks, I know not everyone cares about achievements, but I've been working really hard on mine.

The ones I had partially completed are totally screwed now and I don't want to start any that weren't started because I am worried that if they ever do fix it, it would wipe out all my new effort.

If they do fix it they are probably gonna a) reset everything uncompleted to 0 or b) divide everything by the number of toons you transferred (thus fixing the broken ones, but screwing any new ones you have been gaining). I find it hard to believe they will put the effort in for c) fix the broken ones, but check which ones you've been working on since the transfer.

So I am kinda in limbo here without a fix. I wish they would just confirm if it would be fixed in 2.2 or not.

With paid transfers coming soon there will be some angry posts when achievements are messed up.

I don't even notice any form of lag tbh. I definetly prefer the high pops now because I can actually group up instead of waiting forever to get anything happening.

Thanks Bioware for allowing me to transfer off the APAC servers.

Yes 99.99% of us who are experiencing lag must be imagining...=.=;

Well after playing on the Bastion I've decided to quit swtor. My ability is about the same but the lag is irritating it just is not as satisfying as dalborra where the instant you hit the key it shows on screen.

Good luck to other people and their transfers. RIP Dalborra

Well after everything we've gone through, I have reached the limit of my tolerance for the way this game is being run.

Eric, you've done your best under company rules, now you need to hear this. Please be aware these comments are not directed at you personally, but at the companies that run this game.

Point 1:

The initial promise that subscribers were supposed to have all updates accessed free was broken. That's bad in any language. And before you try and refute this, it has been admitted already in other forums and responses. This was a big slap in the face of all subs, regardless of continent. F2P for the win!!! NOT! (no this is not referring to Cartel Market accesses). Take a look at STO. They have just rolled out a major expansion and new species, with full quest sequences involved, and its FREE to their subscribers. That's now you do it, and that's how you keep gamers interested.

Point 2:

Waiting more than 6 months for a decision regarding APAC servers was a joke. And that's not including the prior 6 months discussions in forums about what to do to fix the problems. Yes that's right virtually 12 months we've been trying to work with you to fix the problems. Any company that thinks this is acceptable should not be in business.

Point 3:

Then BW/EA decided to shut down the APAC servers. Your choice. I've subsequently moved to Harbinger with the free transfer service. The population may be high, but this seems to create stability problems on the server I've never come across before. The latency/lag also means I'm seeing abilities activated with 2 or even 3 tries (click presses), and then 2 animations in game sometimes with no damage showing, and this is just doing dailies. If this is what BW/EA considers acceptable game performance, you don't deserve the gaming communities support because you are WRONG! And no I had none of these problems on APAC.

Lastly, and this is the last straw in my opinion.

WHY WILL YOU NOT DUPLICATE FOR US THE SAME NUMBER OF GUILD BANK TABS ON HARBINGER THAT WE HAD ON GAV DARAGON!!!!!!!!! Your talking about almost 15 Million in game credits worth of bank and tabs here. My guild mistress has just told me of the ticket refusal (ticket 9239198). You have forced us to move based on your own decision. Free transfers were expected and given, this was good and I had little if no problems myself, however you are punishing us by not giving us the guild bank we had before. All because you wanted to move us to NA servers to solve the problems you saw.

I'm sorry to say you have failed to live up to any expectation of reasonable, and the events listed here shows a continuing disregard for player satisfaction. The company will say cutting costs and being efficient keeps the game going. WRONG!!!!!! A satisfied player base keeps games going. If you don't have that you have nothing.

You have greatly disappointed me, and many of my friends. Good luck in trying to rectify that.

"Corsorolin" formerly of Gav Daragon, now of Harbinger. Player since Beta testing.......

Edited by Trekerrob
Adding signature

i got input lag on the APAC server only during certain op boss so it isn't so much lag as poor programming

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523530/geforce-drivers/bring-back-pre-rendered-frames-0-/1

If your running Nvidia you can try lowering pre-rendered frames to 1 to reduce input lag, First Person Shooters use this for getting the input lag as low as possible.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Aside from noticing the lag more than expected (played other games at 200-300ms lag with less effect to gameplay), I have also found my latency is seriously unstable. I never had this issue on APAC server, and very rarely playing other MMO's based in the US in the past.

Currently I am levelling through Hoth on an alt, and found it even more noticeable there. I'll be dropping to 700ms or worse, only occasionally coming back up to my regular ping of 200-300ms.

Anybody heard any word from Bioware regarding this issue, or experiencing the same issue?

PS: Will likely try a few options posted previously to see if that helps the issue. Something official regarding the issue would be nice though.

Well after everything we've gone through, I have reached the limit of my tolerance for the way this game is being run.

Eric, you've done your best under company rules, now you need to hear this. Please be aware these comments are not directed at you personally, but at the companies that run this game.

Point 1:

The initial promise that subscribers were supposed to have all updates accessed free was broken. That's bad in any language. And before you try and refute this, it has been admitted already in other forums and responses. This was a big slap in the face of all subs, regardless of continent. F2P for the win!!! NOT! (no this is not referring to Cartel Market accesses). Take a look at STO. They have just rolled out a major expansion and new species, with full quest sequences involved, and its FREE to their subscribers. That's now you do it, and that's how you keep gamers interested.

Point 2:

Waiting more than 6 months for a decision regarding APAC servers was a joke. And that's not including the prior 6 months discussions in forums about what to do to fix the problems. Yes that's right virtually 12 months we've been trying to work with you to fix the problems. Any company that thinks this is acceptable should not be in business.

Point 3:

Then BW/EA decided to shut down the APAC servers. Your choice. I've subsequently moved to Harbinger with the free transfer service. The population may be high, but this seems to create stability problems on the server I've never come across before. The latency/lag also means I'm seeing abilities activated with 2 or even 3 tries (click presses), and then 2 animations in game sometimes with no damage showing, and this is just doing dailies. If this is what BW/EA considers acceptable game performance, you don't deserve the gaming communities support because you are WRONG! And no I had none of these problems on APAC.

Lastly, and this is the last straw in my opinion.

WHY WILL YOU NOT DUPLICATE FOR US THE SAME NUMBER OF GUILD BANK TABS ON HARBINGER THAT WE HAD ON GAV DARAGON!!!!!!!!! Your talking about almost 15 Million in game credits worth of bank and tabs here. My guild mistress has just told me of the ticket refusal (ticket 9239198). You have forced us to move based on your own decision. Free transfers were expected and given, this was good and I had little if no problems myself, however you are punishing us by not giving us the guild bank we had before. All because you wanted to move us to NA servers to solve the problems you saw.

I'm sorry to say you have failed to live up to any expectation of reasonable, and the events listed here shows a continuing disregard for player satisfaction. The company will say cutting costs and being efficient keeps the game going. WRONG!!!!!! A satisfied player base keeps games going. If you don't have that you have nothing.

You have greatly disappointed me, and many of my friends. Good luck in trying to rectify that.

"Corsorolin" formerly of Gav Daragon, now of Harbinger. Player since Beta testing.......

Nicely said Corso, previous to reading this comment i was considering keeping my subscription active, but reading your comment has renewed my disgust in EAware and i am now unsubbed to this game... stuff you EAware ripping off your customers ive had enough of your infinite amount of BS - player since april 2012

I was in this game for the long haul

Having experienced a week of unplayable lag post transfer, Dalborra to Harbinger, its just unplayable over half the time

PvP forget it

Fleet forget it

Even Ops a struggle at times

PvE basic at best

I reckon Bio-ware got it wrong when they decided to move the 3 APAC servers to 3 North American Servers, they did not want people on RP or PVP etc servers having to change styles. I would have much preferred to change styles and have no severe lag, unplayable lag makes any option impossible, RP or PVE or PVP

done

Harbringer has higher lag than Bastion due to higher population, at least from what I've noticed. Also, Harbringer was always the more unstable server as far as lag spikes are concerned.

The Aussies who rerolled onto the Bastion are doing very well PVP-wise so not sure about these unplayable claims unless your area has really poor internet.

Edited by iheartnyc

I was in this game for the long haul

Having experienced a week of unplayable lag post transfer, Dalborra to Harbinger, its just unplayable over half the time

PvP forget it

Fleet forget it

Even Ops a struggle at times

PvE basic at best

I reckon Bio-ware got it wrong when they decided to move the 3 APAC servers to 3 North American Servers, they did not want people on RP or PVP etc servers having to change styles. I would have much preferred to change styles and have no severe lag, unplayable lag makes any option impossible, RP or PVE or PVP

done

lol it's fine still clearing all HM raids on the server with no issue at 179-240ms

I must admit, I'd love for an APAC Mega Server. I miss 30 Ping. :c I feel like removing the APAC servers was a bad decision, they're probably losing reputation and money now.

I just hope this is fixed soon.. :(