Valis is not beatable @ 24

MichellMich

I refuse to believe Valis is beatable at level 24. I have reasonable gear, and know my damage rotation. This is not the first time I've encountered a quest that was much harder than it claimed to be. What is Bioware thinking with this? His AOE and Direct Shock damage does entirely too much damage.

If someone has beat him at level 24, please tell me what you've done.

24 Guadian

Edited by MichellMich

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn´t help, i know -but i had no issue killing him with my Guardian and Kira as Companion.

Be sure her saber ward is ready.

Let her jump in first with saber ward -wait a moment so it gives you some time for damage till you get the aggro.

If she gets too low on health taunt him.

Pop saber ward.

Pop Call on the Force.

Pop Saber Ward again.

Take a medpack.

Force stasis and Force kick to interrupt his supermoves.

Use Warding Call if specced Defense.

Almost all endbosses are a piece of cake like that.

And later you have even more interrupts.

No need to dump difficulty down.

Edited by Sabredance

Doesn´t help, i know -but i had no issue killing him with my Guardian and Kira as Companion.

Let her jump in first with saber ward -wait a moment so it gives you some time for damage till you get the aggro.

Pop saber ward.

Pop Call on the Force.

Pop Saber Ward again.

Take a medpack.

Thanks for the trips, I'm gonna give it a try.

Pop saber ward.

Pop Call on the Force.

Pop Saber Ward again.

Take a medpack.

Dude, you are awesome, I used those tips and beat him. I had tried at least a dozen times before. The most important trick is using force kick and stasis. I used stasis on him and it worked 100%, he stayed still and didn't move for like 5 whole seconds, gave me plenty of time to do a lot of damage.

Dude, you are awesome, I used those tips and beat him. I had tried at least a dozen times before. The most important trick is using force kick and stasis. I used stasis on him and it worked 100%, he stayed still and didn't move for like 5 whole seconds, gave me plenty of time to do a lot of damage.

Glad it helped to beat him :)

Everyone forgets interrupts.

PS: You'll need them on later planets. Stuff gets a lot harder.

True.

I went from hating this fight to realizing that Bioware wants us to use all of our abilities. I this is great since it makes each encounter have a different expectation. I hope they can do more with this.

I have reasonable gear, and know my damage rotation.

One problem may be the fact that you have a preset damage rotation rather than make the best rotation for the situation. The damage rotation on one boss is not always the same as a damage rotation on the others. I don't like the idea of damage rotations since I think it is far better to choose abilities that make sense in the moment. I play a Sentinel not a Guardian but with a Sentinel you don't know when a riposte proc is coming and it is a good ability to use when you can but it costs 3 focus. If you have a damage rotation preset you can't use riposte and continue with that rotation. You need to think on the fly about what you're going to do with that focus if a riposte proc comes. You need to have a plan for each and every focus. Not some damage rotation you use all the time.

I took Valis on at 26, and even then he was rather hard to kill. Even with interrupts. I'm a dps specced Guardian and used the rotation mentioned here =) But still I found myself dying at least twice.

But when he was dead, I think I had a heart-rate of over 600..:o

best thing to do is not suck... and honestly if you do not skip quests and do the bonuses you will be slightly over level and have plenty of gear.

nearly all of these people are doing their class quests UNDER leveled. If you did everything on Taris and Nar Shaddar you should be closer to 27-28 not 24, that means you skipped stuff.

Sorry but not being able to "****** charge" everything does not mean its over tuned it means it has a "challenge" to it. Sorry but if you never die then the game is not hard enough. This is not wow, if you want to kill everything while drunk and stupid then go back to WoW.

Edited by Hizoka

dps rota...WHAT?

Im a sentinel, beat him while I was one level below him and concentrated only on using 2 defense buffs, choke like thingy and the 90% enemy damage lower skill on the right time from the begining keeping him unable to deal serious damage for as long as I could

all based on their lenght, enemy current target and reload times

Edited by Echuu

I really wish I rolled a Sentinel. Guardian is no fun right now. Every boss takes multiple attempts. I already gave up on Lord Praven as a Tank.

sentinels are harder to play, if you cannot do it on the guardain you sure cannot do it on a sent

I really wish I rolled a Sentinel. Guardian is no fun right now. Every boss takes multiple attempts. I already gave up on Lord Praven as a Tank.

I havn't played a Guardian before, but I can tell you, from what ive seen of their abilities, that sentinels have about 10000 more things to deal with in regard to fights. As a sent, your not as bullet proof as a gaurdian, which means, if you don't use EVERY ability at your disposal the moment you need to, it could cost you a fight. Imo, if you have problems with the lower level bosses (22-28) have fun with the bosses after Chapter 1, because they make those other bosses look like a bunch of *****es. lol

I tore him up at 23. Kira was fine, I was at about 40% health when he went down. I didn't even use a pot.

Are you using your defensive cooldown skills?

I also artifice, so I have top damage hilts/crystals etc going for my lightsabers.

Hrmm...maybe I got lucky with some crits?