"Blade Storm" in Lore

bionamaster

Hello, guys. I've been curious about the Blade Storm ability for Jedi Knights. For those who don't know what it is, it's the Knight equivalent of the Warriors Force Scream ability. It seems to be an arc of colored light projected from the casters blade, reminiscent in animation of a Saber Throw without the hilt attached. I haven't seen it in any context other then SWTOR, so I was wondering: Does this Force Power exist in Canon outside of being a Jedi Knight ability? And if so, what is it's name?

Thanks,

Bionamaster

To be honest, I had never heard of such a power. I do believe that it is a new power.

Here's the wiki link.

It is from what I looked up, came to the same result its just a new power. Also and me Selenial. :p However until its shown in a cutscene, novel/comic or guide, its just a game power.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'd never heard of it before SWtOR, but I don't see how it isn't feasible. I mean people can do telekinetic blasts, why not send a blast off your lightsaber.

Though honestly reminds me of the anime bleach and getsuga tencho.

I'd never heard of it before SWtOR, but I don't see how it isn't feasible. I mean people can do telekinetic blasts, why not send a blast off your lightsaber.

Though honestly reminds me of the anime bleach and getsuga tencho.

Exactly what I think every time I use it, what's cooler then a sword that shoots laser beams? A laser sword that shoots laser beams! Lasers a fun a word...

Edited by Airmo

Huh, a totally new Force power! I shall call it, Force Single-color Rainbow! Wait, no, uh, Force Lightsaber Laser! Force Sword Beam? Hmm, Blade Storm is starting to grow on me.

Jokes aside, thanks for the answers, guys! I'm now one question closer to understanding the Force!

Interesting Question... I've wondered this myself...

Beni? Aubere? Any ideas?

Found out this ability is basically a incapacitating blow by throwing kinetic wave of air/energy, in the game it also produces an effect of protecting the Guardian,

Only appears in Old republic too