Horizon's Perfection on Dantooine a little too difficult

I know other people have gotten this achievement but there seems to be absolutely zero room for error on this one.

I've watched the videos and done it numerous times to only fall one or two seconds short of completing it. You have to pretty much cut every single corner perfectly and use your boosts absolutely perfectly to complete this one. Tatooine and Onderon (if it wasn't bugged) are no where as difficult as this one is.

Also, why does the bonus timer start before the actual race? You lose about 4 seconds because of it.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

I've ran this course dozens of times now and ran it better than what I've seen in videos, yet still run out of time every time. One of the culprits seems to be the fact that the orb-gathering speed boost stops working halfway through, at least for me it has EVERY single time. I gather orbs and am able to turbo boost maybe twice, and then after that it never works again. At this point I'm assuming it's bugged all to sin.

I guess the trick is to understand that you don‘t need all orbs, so just choose your path wisely. I usually jump over the house instead of circling it (one orb less, but faster) and I ignore the dangerous orbs in the river (where the bombs are close). If you then cut the last bit off completely (after the last jump simply turn left through the camp with the dogs) you should be good.

I got the achievement on two severs that way.

I guess the trick is to understand that you don‘t need all orbs, so just choose your path wisely.

^ I stop focusing on orbs after the big jump from the house unless there are 3 not out of the way and instead go for the boosts. There's no time to go out of the way to chase orbs.

I guess the trick is to understand that you don‘t need all orbs, so just choose your path wisely. I usually jump over the house instead of circling it (one orb less, but faster) and I ignore the dangerous orbs in the river (where the bombs are close). If you then cut the last bit off completely (after the last jump simply turn left through the camp with the dogs) you should be good.

I got the achievement on two severs that way.

The achievement says you need to collect all orbs. That's not true?

I've ran this course dozens of times now and ran it better than what I've seen in videos, yet still run out of time every time. One of the culprits seems to be the fact that the orb-gathering speed boost stops working halfway through, at least for me it has EVERY single time. I gather orbs and am able to turbo boost maybe twice, and then after that it never works again. At this point I'm assuming it's bugged all to sin.

I think I know what your problem is because it isn't made clear in the ability description. The orb stacks are only active for 5 seconds and if you don't pick up another one in that time frame to reset the 5 second timer, all of the stacks are lost and you have to start over with the stacking. There is an indicator in your buff bar showing you how many orbs you have collected and the time you have to get the next one. So if you don't collect 3 orbs in a 5 second succession you will not get the boost even though you picked up 3 of them.

The achievement says you need to collect all orbs. That's not true?

No, you don't have to collect all of them for the achievement. That is true for all the achievements, for example you don't need to set off every explosive for the Blatant Beks achievement even though the text says so. It's enough to complete the bonus amount indicated in your mission tracker and you can even detonate one explosive several times. The achievement texts are very misleading and the bonus objectives in your mission tracker are the correct indicators.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Correct, that is not true. If you show the mission details in the mission tracker (I always untrack all missions except for the race I am currently running) it will list all requirements as soon as you reach the starting line. There are required tasks and bonus tasks. If you finish all tasks and bonus tasks (one of which being the time challenge) you will get the achievement. For example on Onderon you do not need to fly through all loops, the last 4-5 are a safety measure.

Only thing to notice: the explosive targets you need to blow up have to be unique for the achievement (e.g. all 15 on Onderon), so blowing up the same target twice will grant the bonus mission, but not the achievement.

Correct, that is not true. If you show the mission details in the mission tracker (I always untrack all missions except for the race I am currently running) it will list all requirements as soon as you reach the starting line. There are required tasks and bonus tasks. If you finish all tasks and bonus tasks (one of which being the time challenge) you will get the achievement. For example on Onderon you do not need to fly through all loops, the last 4-5 are a safety measure.

Only thing to notice: the explosive targets you need to blow up have to be unique for the achievement (e.g. all 15 on Onderon), so blowing up the same target twice will grant the bonus mission, but not the achievement.

Actually that is not true. When I got the Onderon Pefection for the Blatant Beks I missed one, and hit the last target twice.

Actually that is not true. When I got the Onderon Pefection for the Blatant Beks I missed one, and hit the last target twice.
That‘s odd, because I didn‘t find all objects on Onderon for quite some time and always blew up the last target twice, but didn‘t get the achievement?!

That‘s odd, because I didn‘t find all objects on Onderon for quite some time and always blew up the last target twice, but didn‘t get the achievement?!

No clue. some people were saying that it was glitched at one point. I know for myself they never explode all the time even if I click on them, so I always double tap one or 2 to compensate.

Thanks everyone. Now that I skipped one of the orbs at the split, I was able to get the achievement.

Now if I could just figure out Screaming Perfection on Onderon. I've gone through all the hoops, haven't hit anything, but still can't get it to trigger.