Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

CourtneyWoods

Our first new Companion Character since HK-51, Treek, arrives with Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry. This mysterious alien mercenary is available for all character classes, and can be earned in-game or purchased directly from the Cartel Market. To help clarify these different options, here is an explanation of the different means to acquire Treek.

Read More

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you want it to be a legacy bonus, but 2100 cartel coins? Screw that.

That's double the price of a bloody 'expansion' for one companion. PER CHARACTER.

I am very happy with the price. It is just high enough for it to be less of a slap in the face to the people who have the legacy level and plan to buy it with credits and not to high for people who really "must" have it and don't have the legacy level.

I know you want it to be a legacy bonus, but 2100 cartel coins? Screw that.

That's double the price of a bloody 'expansion' for one companion. PER CHARACTER.

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins for the rest of your characters. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.

*sorry wasn't thinking straight originally

Edited by Nibbon

I am very happy with the price. It is just high enough for it to be less of a slap in the face to the people who have the legacy level and plan to buy it with credits and not to high for people who really "must" have it and don't have the legacy level.

I agree. Now I feel like there is some value to my legacy level 50!!! I think this satisfies both sides.

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 cartel coins, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.

If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me £5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~£40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.

Edited by Nothematic

I'll probably buy the contract with 1m, and if I like treek I'll use the 700 CC for it to be account wide.

If I wanted to unlock it on every character in my legacy it would cost me 8,800 cartel coins.

I just find their pricing irregular. It cost me £5.99 to buy Rise of the Hut Cartel but to unlock a companion on every character in my legacy (level 32) it would cost me ~£40. Makes no sense to me.

note: I wasn't planning on buying her anyway, but I just thought I'd voice my opinions on the price.

Do neither you nor the guy you're responding to know how collections works (or have trouble reading the description in the blog we're responding to)? It's a one time fee of 700CCs to unlock it account wide. At that point ANY character can use it without any additional fee.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 cartel coins, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

It is actually only 2800 cartel coins to unlock if for your entire account of characters. 2100 for one character and then 700 to unlock it for all the other characters via the collections menu.

Edited by GrovesK

No it won't That isnt how collections work. You will have to buy the first cartel unlock for 2100 CC. Than spend 700 CC to unlock her for all of your characters. For a total (regardless of how many chars you have) 2800 CC

You better train in the force too. It's 700 Cartel Coins for collections , so that's for your whole account on ( EDIT ) all of the servers.

So I think it is great it is 2100 Cartel coins for the non-legacy unlock and the best method for getting her on your whole account on all servers is , 1 mil credits then the above mentioned 700 CC for the whole of your legacy on all your chosen servers. I think 300 k per character after the initial 1 mil credits is a bit high , but that's only because I have 16 characters.

Overall I'm happy she isn't cheap and that my legacy of over 40 has been worth the effort after losing my 18 legacy levels with the mergers.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I'm fairly sure that the collections system is account wide. Period. Not server dependent.

Oh yeah , that makes three of us needing to train in the force. Meh. i will adjust my post. Thanks.

Still do you all remember the forums flooding with threads about how users weren't happy about the CC for Treek. Well at least she is expensive the other way thank god.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins per character. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

fixed, 300,000 cartel coins would be ridiculous :eek:

I'll probably buy the contract with 1m, and if I like treek I'll use the 700 CC for it to be account wide.

this is probably what i will do as well.

1m credits and 700 cc to unlock her on every character on my account?

seems like a fair deal to me tbh.

Our first new Companion Character since HK-51, Treek, arrives with Game Update 2.3: Titans of Industry. This mysterious alien mercenary is available for all character classes, and can be earned in-game or purchased directly from the Cartel Market. To help clarify these different options, here is an explanation of the different means to acquire Treek.

Read More

Can we PLEASE half the price? 1050 CC or 500k credits would be more appropriate.

YAY! I pay 15 bucks a month but still have to PAY more for a new companion that I will just have to worry about somehow getting affection for.....

Ya. Bioware. If you are going to add a new companion, give people a way to earn affection that doesn't involve spending piles of credits for gifts.

And how about you actually give subscribers something for crying out loud!!! There is NO WAY IN H*** I am paying 1 mill credits for a blasted companion, let alone ANY cartel coins. This is just flat out ridiculous.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Question for Bioware (not sure if this is the right place for it, but the topic on it on the PTS forums fell off the first page) - everyone I've seen who has compared Treek to existing tank/healer companions has noted

(1) She has a smart AoE as a tank, which other tank companions don't (as far as I am aware?)

(2) She can outheal other companions in the same gear by a significant margin (40-60%, depending on the post I've seen)

(3) She not only has a cleanse, but it's also automatically applied by her HoT...maybe I'm just missing something, but isn't that stronger than the other healers' separate cleanse?

Is that disparity matched in your models? Intended? Just curious, as it seems like companions should have essentially the same abilities and one companion shouldn't be distinctly superior to another that has the same role.

Thanks!

Edited by Lesaberisa

YAY! I pay 15 bucks a month but still have to PAY more for a new companion that I will just have to worry about somehow getting affection for.....

Ya. Bioware. If you are going to add a new companion, give people a way to earn affection that doesn't involve spending piles of credits for gifts.

And how about you actually give subscribers something for crying out loud!!! There is NO WAY IN H*** I am paying 1 mill credits for a blasted companion, let alone ANY cartel coins. This is just flat out ridiculous.

I completely agree with you, it must be another way to get money from people to take the shortcut and use the CC route rather than level up to legacy 40, even then F2P and preffed players more than likely won't be getting the comp due to the credit cap. BW is going down a dangerous path, reminding me of EverQuest to be honest.