Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, November 8th in order to apply United Forces. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 8 November 2017

TIME: 1:00AM - 1:00PM PST (0900 - 2100 UTC) (Note that this maintenance will likely take at least 12 hours. Monitor social media for updates on maintenance timing.)

VERSION: 5.5.1 United Forces

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo miteinander!

Am 8. November werden wir die Server herunterfahren, um Spiel-Update 5.5.1 aufzuspielen. In diesem Zeitraum wird die Website ebenfalls nicht erreichbar sein.

Details:

DATUM: 8. November 2017

ZEIT: 1000Uhr MESZ bis 2200Uhr MESZ

VERSION: 5.5.1

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

And again... no Summer Time in Europe. Now is "Central European Time" (CET).

Incorrect: "10:00 Uhr MESZ bis 22:00 Uhr MESZ"

Correct: "10:00 Uhr MEZ bis 22:00 Uhr MEZ"

Additional information:

"Central European Summer Time" (CEST) = "Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit" (MESZ)

"Central European Time" (CET) = "Mitteleuropäische Zeit" (MEZ)

Hey, will the patch be available to download when the maintenance start or will we have to wait a bit for that ?

Just so I know if I can boot the launcher before going to work in the morning.

Yes, I'm a lazy person, I completely know it. :rak_03:

Edited by supertimtaf

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, November 8th in order to apply United Forces. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

TIME: 1:00AM - 1:00PM PST (0900 - 2100 UTC) (Note that this maintenance will likely take at least 12 hours. Monitor social media for updates on maintenance timing.)

-eric

1:00AM - 1:00PM PST = 0800 - 2000 UTC/GMT. Therefore 0900 - 2100 UTC = 2:00AM - 2:00PM PST.

Says so here https://savvytime.com/converter/pst

May I kindly ask which is the actual correct time? Usually you guys go by your own PST time, so I would assume that 1:00AM - 1:00PM PST which in actual fact is 0800 - 2000 UTC/GMT would be correct. However can this be confirmed?

Eric, i really hope to God above, that things get fixed, and that everything goes well. I think most of us would be willing to go for a couple weeks of downtime, as long as long lasting /bugs got fixed and everyone would get a good level Ping and Latency with their connections for everyone.

May the Real Force be with you all.

Eric, i really hope to God above, that things get fixed, and that everything goes well. I think most of us would be willing to go for a couple weeks of downtime, as long as long lasting /bugs got fixed and everyone would get a good level Ping and Latency with their connections for everyone.

May the Real Force be with you all.

"I think most of us would be willing to go for a couple weeks of downtime" LOL what? You don't really know this player base do you? Look at all the complaining and outrage their was when a recent patch was down an extra few hours. There is no way this game could survive a few weeks of downtime.

Being in the UK I am used to maintenance cutting into some of my play time and am fine with it but this? It's practically the entire day, you couldn't start it just a couple of hours earlier so we in Europe get a couple of hours to play?

They're starting it at 3am Austin time. That's pretty early. Extended maintenance was called for a long time ago, get over it. No one time is going to work for everybody, and being an American studio, they're going to lean towards maintenance times convenient for an American team. Even so, they're still getting up a few hours earlier than usual. But if you think they're going to start maintenance at 9pm in Austin (7pm for West Coast players) just for you, you're delusional.

They're starting it at 3am Austin time. That's pretty early. Extended maintenance was called for a long time ago, get over it. No one time is going to work for everybody, and being an American studio, they're going to lean towards maintenance times convenient for an American team. Even so, they're still getting up a few hours earlier than usual. But if you think they're going to start maintenance at 9pm in Austin (7pm for West Coast players) just for you, you're delusional.

Just for me? LOL I am not the only European player. Yes I am aware extended downtime was to be expected but considering the 12 hr window practically covers the entire day for EU. US players get from lunchtime at least not including possible extended time. It begins 1am for them, 2 hrs before that is not that much earlier but can mean at least a couple of hrs at least for EU players.

Just for me? LOL I am not the only European player. Yes I am aware extended downtime was to be expected but considering the 12 hr window practically covers the entire day for EU. US players get from lunchtime at least not including possible extended time. It begins 1am for them, 2 hrs before that is not that much earlier but can mean at least a couple of hrs at least for EU players.

Even if it does cover an entire day for us EU-players, this extended maintenance should be enough for them to get everything going smoothly when the merges and new update comes out. At worst, if things go awry at their end due technical difficulties, the US.players could lose a day as well. I just hope that they'll get things done, I have no problem with an extended maintenance.

Hey everyone!

Details:

-eric

Any other hidden changes you haven’t told us about?

It could even taken longer than 12 hours so even for American players we may not get to play that much that day due to the possible extension of maintenance which was also stated.

And lunch time? interesting

Maintenance for the Eastern area is 4:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. I wouldn't call that lunchtime and that is only if it doesn't get extended.

I don't trust them anymore when they say the website will also be unavailable. It has been said before but they remained live.

:rak_03: You can't fool me!!!

In this case, I would imagine the website will be unavailable so they don't have a million posts thats says "Why is it taking so long, you are so slow, you taking time away from me, etc. :p

Hello Eric/Keith

In regards to the merge, I have a concern about my Legacy name. Here is your quote:

Legacy Name and Level

Since Legacy names are not unique, you will not lose a Legacy name as part of this process. However, if you have two Legacies which are brought together, the name and level of the highest level Legacy will be maintained.

Ex: You have the Level 10 “Skywalker” Legacy on The Bastion and the Level 40 “Organa” Legacy on The Harbinger; these will combine into the Organa Legacy at Level 40.

I understand this perfectly, but do not fall into this scenario. Both servers are Level 50. What name will I end up with?

Is there going to be a "next" criteria if they are equal? Go by set-up date? Here's an example;

Iv'e had ABCDE for over 2 years. Love the name ALOT. My Guildmaster moved to another server and I took over a few chars to follow him (all done as char transfers). Now being on the other server, I was told to set up a new legacy name that would be unique so that he would know who we are and where we came from (dont think it was really necessary, but...).

Now I have legacy 12345 on the new server and ABCDE on the original server. The new one was only created a few months ago.

When the merge goes through, will I maintain the legacy that was built 2 years ago? It's the one I'm wanting the most, the other one was just a "dummy" creation.

If the players need or want to change their names from this merge, can we do it at NO COST to us?

In this case, I would imagine the website will be unavailable so they don't have a million posts thats says "Why is it taking so long, you are so slow, you taking time away from me, etc. :p

You have a point, but we musn't let them get discouraged by that.:rak_03:

There's a lot of positive stuff to go around here on the forums to stop them and others from drowning in despair.:D

Hello Eric/Keith

In regards to the merge, I have a concern about my Legacy name. Here is your quote:

Legacy Name and Level

Since Legacy names are not unique, you will not lose a Legacy name as part of this process. However, if you have two Legacies which are brought together, the name and level of the highest level Legacy will be maintained.

Ex: You have the Level 10 “Skywalker” Legacy on The Bastion and the Level 40 “Organa” Legacy on The Harbinger; these will combine into the Organa Legacy at Level 40.

I understand this perfectly, but do not fall into this scenario. Both servers are Level 50. What name will I end up with?

Is there going to be a "next" criteria if they are equal? Go by set-up date? Here's an example;

Iv'e had ABCDE for over 2 years. Love the name ALOT. My Guildmaster moved to another server and I took over a few chars to follow him (all done as char transfers). Now being on the other server, I was told to set up a new legacy name that would be unique so that he would know who we are and where we came from (dont think it was really necessary, but...).

Now I have legacy 12345 on the new server and ABCDE on the original server. The new one was only created a few months ago.

When the merge goes through, will I maintain the legacy that was built 2 years ago? It's the one I'm wanting the most, the other one was just a "dummy" creation.

If the players need or want to change their names from this merge, can we do it at NO COST to us?

Legacy names are not unique anymore. You'll be able to name it however you want.