Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Vektarulz

She got cast out of the order for doing the right thing(must of made her mad but she dident turn)

All of her friends from the mandalorian wars either were killed or fell to the darkside

(she still did not turn)

Darth Traya Bombarted her mind posing as a jedi master to trick her,teaching her Sith teachings instead of making her darkside they just made her a Grey force user like revan

and finaly she single handley rebuilds the jedi order while revan is busy hunting sith lords I mean why evreyone hate this girl she was awsome!

(although in the games you can be full darkside they made a book that canonized what happens, She was lightside but was pissed at jedi a female and named Meetra surik)

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind like Surik i truly do. even though my exile in KOTOR 2 was a male one. ( well i had a female one too)

But somehow i dont like what they did to the exile in revan book and SWTOR.

They transform her into a mere side kick. A folower of Revan. well yeah she was that since the begining, but what she acomplish in KOTOR 2 is a great feat that didnt had a deserving folow up.

The same could be said for Revan and his story though.

I kind like Surik i truly do. even though my exile in KOTOR 2 was a male one. ( well i had a female one too)

But somehow i dont like what they did to the exile in revan book and SWTOR.

They transform her into a mere side kick. A folower of Revan. well yeah she was that since the begining, but what she acomplish in KOTOR 2 is a great feat that didnt had a deserving folow up.

The same could be said for Revan and his story though.

thats what I kinda mean by it to she did awsome **** but shes just this stupid side kick lol

She was an awesome character who was given a completely useless death, imo. Only one I can think of that was worse was Roy Fokker in the Macross Saga...

Actually, he died well in the movie, so that kinda redeems him. Drew, on the other hand can't rewrite Meetra's death. :(

She was an awesome character who was given a completely useless death, imo. Only one I can think of that was worse was Roy Fokker in the Macross Saga...

Actually, he died well in the movie, so that kinda redeems him. Drew, on the other hand can't rewrite Meetra's death. :(

It was completely intentional, Drew had no reason to do it, he just wanted to do it so he could say his creation was better than Avellone's.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

It was completely intentional, Drew had no reason to do it, he just wanted to do it so he could say his creation was better than Avellone's.

No he didn't he did it because she was the ghost we saw in the flashpoint video long before the book was announced he had to explain why she was there through it could of been done differently this was the fastest way of doing it while giving her death meaning and establishing scourges back story.

Though I respect the Book from Drew, I didn't like how they got rid of certain people, like the generel( the exile), or t3, ect. The general was a very powerful jedi, and if she was going to be killed off she should have been given a better death a jedi should be given.

Well, I consider myself a fan of both the Exile (Meetra) and Revan. I think of her as more an equal partner to Revan at this point, though obviously he took the spotlight -- it's his book, after all. So yes, more was made of Revan and his great knowledge of the mysteries of the Force, but Meetra was still very capable and generally was the one doing the rescuing, rather than the other way around.

Just looking at her death, in and of itself -- yes, it was basically a cheap shot, a rather sudden thing. But then she goes on in death to become, in essence, the one guardian that could remain and not be thwarted by the Emperor or any of his cronies, true and loyal beyond death itself. Maybe it was a "cheap" death just taken alone, but her actual "ending" was very powerful and worthy of her story, IMO. (I would liken it to Obi-Wan's death -- he was cut down pretty unceremoniously by Vader, but as he said, "Strike me down and I become something more powerful than you could ever imagine." Meetra's fate was much the same.)

Edited by Ayradyss

No he didn't he did it because she was the ghost we saw in the flashpoint video long before the book was announced he had to explain why she was there through it could of been done differently this was the fastest way of doing it while giving her death meaning and establishing scourges back story.

I see you completely misinterpreted my point, the way in which he killed her off was an absolute spit in the face of KotOR II and everything/everyone to do with it.

I see you completely misinterpreted my point, the way in which he killed her off was an absolute spit in the face of KotOR II and everything/everyone to do with it.

Revan-book spoilers!

A brilliant general who devised a make-shift plan on the fly to blow up a planet in order to win a war, and was also forced to make constant tactical decisions causing her to be hailed as a military genius...

was stabbed in the back by the double-traitor who they had just been at odds with earlier while trying to save the guy she admired to the point of fanaticism.

Yep. Sounds legit to me. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

We'll miss you, Surik. <3 Just because Bioware hated you doesn't mean we did!

Edited by Raiellyn

Revan-book spoilers!

A brilliant general who devised a make-shift plan on the fly to blow up a planet in order to win a war, and was also forced to make constant tactical decisions causing her to be hailed as a military genius...

was stabbed in the back by the double-traitor who they had just been at odds with earlier while trying to save the guy she admired to the point of fanaticism.

Yep. Sounds legit to me. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

We'll miss you, Surik. <3 Just because Bioware hated you doesn't mean we did!

Precisely, it was idiotic and Karpyshyn clearly knew nothing about the Exile.

He took the Jedi that rebuilt the Order, wiped out the Trayus Academy single-handedly and was the new face of the Jedi Order, and turned her into a joke, a side-kick for Revan, even though the point of KotOR II was her moving on from being just the side-kick to full-blown Jedi Master, she had finally come into her own as a Force User.

Culminating in her annihilating the remnants of the Sith at the Trayus Academy, outwitting Sion with an exclusively Dark Side technique, Dun Moch and harnessing Sever Force on Traya in the Trayus Core.

Did we see anything that Surik had just done in KotOR II? no.

Did Karpyshyn come out with the excuse 'There isn't any canon for the Exile so I decided to fit her into my story the way I thought she should be'(His own words from his own blog) which is clearly wrong? yes.

Precisely, it was idiotic and Karpyshyn clearly knew nothing about the Exile.

He took the Jedi that rebuilt the Order, wiped out the Trayus Academy single-handedly and was the new face of the Jedi Order, and turned her into a joke, a side-kick for Revan, even though the point of KotOR II was her moving on from being just the side-kick to full-blown Jedi Master, she had finally come into her own as a Force User.

Culminating in her annihilating the remnants of the Sith at the Trayus Academy, outwitting Sion with an exclusively Dark Side technique, Dun Moch and harnessing Sever Force on Traya in the Trayus Core.

Did we see anything that Surik had just done in KotOR II? no.

Did Karpyshyn come out with the excuse 'There isn't any canon for the Exile so I decided to fit her into my story the way I thought she should be'(His own words from his own blog) which is clearly wrong? yes.

... Ugh, it sounds even worse when you phrase it out like that. :(

If Bioware didn't want to use the plot-lines from 2 all that much, I think that's fair, considering they weren't the ones who wrote it and therefore shouldn't have to abide by it. But opting to include the pivotal character just to downgrade her to side-kick status (effectively a retcon for all of her development through KotOR 2... :rolleyes:) and then *SPOILERS. AGAIN.*

... killing her through quite literally the *one* way she would be extremely resistant to, just so she can fuel the all-powerful Revan-Sue for the next 300 years with her undying love?

I think I'm going to go be sad now.

Edited by Raiellyn

And the final slap in the face in TOR was that nobody even called her by her name....

Not even Revan told you her name. What is up with that??? I mean, there's even a convo choice after the Jedi Prisoner FP is over to ask "Who is she?" and Revan just says something like "An old friend".

Ok, I'll admit to being a Revan fan, and Jeff Bennett did a great job as always, but COME ON! I think Karpyshyn was just pissed that Avellone outdid him on story.

Edited by Captain_Zone

... Ugh, it sounds even worse when you phrase it out like that. :(

If Bioware didn't want to use the plot-lines from 2 all that much, I think that's fair, considering they weren't the ones who wrote it and therefore shouldn't have to abide by it. But opting to include the pivotal character just to downgrade her to side-kick status (effectively a retcon for all of her development through KotOR 2... :rolleyes:) and then *SPOILERS. AGAIN.*

... killing her through quite literally the *one* way she would be extremely resistant to, just so she can fuel the all-powerful Revan-Sue for the next 300 years with her undying love?

I think I'm going to go be sad now.

Precisely, but then again, Drew would do absolutely anything to get Revan in the spotlight.

This is probably where I alienate half the forum, but I'm one of those people who adores KotorII and thinks kotorI is just 'okay'. That includes the protagonists.

I get that Revan is supposedly the most awesome special not-Jedi ever... but itsn't this a bit too much now? He has a cult, the Emperor of the Sith wanted him as a power source, he's revered years after his death... I just think it's too much. Sure his story was kind of interesting... but that's it. After the 'OMG twist' Revan himself was kinda bland I thought. Not to mention the constant flip-flop on his motives wore me out. He's not omniscient, can we stop acting like he is?

...Sorry, I went off a bit there. I don't hate Revan, he just irritates me a bit.

The Exile (I refuse to call her Meetra ._. ) on the other hand, was so interesting! A Jedi who had to learn to survive without the Force, who was an actual wound in said Force. Who didn't blindly follow the council yet resisted the pull of the dark side. She reminds me of the great grey Jedi. Bindo. Vergere. The ones who don't get hung up on lightside versus darkside to the pont of blindness.

But then I liked that your crew in K2 wasn't all happy-fun sunshine either. they actually had tiffs and interactions with each other.

This is probably where I alienate half the forum, but I'm one of those people who adores KotorII and thinks kotorI is just 'okay'. That includes the protagonists.

I get that Revan is supposedly the most awesome special not-Jedi ever... but itsn't this a bit too much now? He has a cult, the Emperor of the Sith wanted him as a power source, he's revered years after his death... I just think it's too much. Sure his story was kind of interesting... but that's it. After the 'OMG twist' Revan himself was kinda bland I thought. Not to mention the constant flip-flop on his motives wore me out. He's not omniscient, can we stop acting like he is?

...Sorry, I went off a bit there. I don't hate Revan, he just irritates me a bit.

The Exile (I refuse to call her Meetra ._. ) on the other hand, was so interesting! A Jedi who had to learn to survive without the Force, who was an actual wound in said Force. Who didn't blindly follow the council yet resisted the pull of the dark side. She reminds me of the great grey Jedi. Bindo. Vergere. The ones who don't get hung up on lightside versus darkside to the pont of blindness.

But then I liked that your crew in K2 wasn't all happy-fun sunshine either. they actually had tiffs and interactions with each other.

Amen to that.

^Agreed. If Avellone and the rest of the KotOR II team had been given the time, KotOR II would be the game everyone says is the best. Unfortunately, they weren't given the time they needed to fully flesh out the game's story and mechanics.

If you think Revan is too special that it becomes silly, why isn't the same true for the exile? The Exile is even more "special". They Exile was quite literally the one person that somehow was immune to Nihiuls ridiculous planet eating power and the somewhat goofy idea that he or she survived without the force makes them more unique than Revan's goofy idea of mastering both sides of the force.

If Revan is too special then The Exile is waaaaay too special.

If you think Revan is too special that it becomes silly, why isn't the same true for the exile? The Exile is even more "special". They Exile was quite literally the one person that somehow was immune to Nihiuls ridiculous planet eating power and the somewhat goofy idea that he or she survived without the force makes them more unique than Revan's goofy idea of mastering both sides of the force.

Must be a rabid Revan fanboy or just a hater, I'm guessing. Haters gonna hate. *shrug*

It is not the man himself, it is the ridiculous over-worship of his character, so much so that it becomes canon to many when that simply isn't true.

Must be a rabid Revan fanboy or just a hater, I'm guessing. Haters gonna hate. *shrug*

I told myself when this thread was made that I would leave it alone and let the Surik Fans have their moment but I think after reading this post I now have to reply .

Revan was made to be a War Hero

The Exile(From KotoRII ,not Meetra) was made to be a God.

The Exile's enemies are out of a DC comic book with Super Powers and unstoppable by all other than 1 instance of them giving up as Scion and Nihilus only died in the instance of giving up. Heck even Keira begged to be killed as she said "If you do not end me , I will surely end you" .

I do not like Obsidian , but I did kinda like KotoRII . I cannot deny that .

When it comes to haters gonna hate , you would have to dig out all the "Revan vs" and pretty much I hate Revan threads,

What power did Drew give Revan that made him sooo OP ? Surely Sever Force is one of the most OP powers in the force and it wasn't Revan with it . Revan wouldn't even know how to combat against it.............could be wrong but really he like most Jedi and Sith relied on a bulk of Force Powers to get them through .

When The Exile was made , she was given powers that would make Revan and most force users look like infants in the force because when Obsidians poor writers came together that is the only thing they could come up with to make a hero BIGGER than Revan .

In most of KotoRII besides the Exile being given powers that would make Revan look like a child , oddly enough they made the Exile a follower of Revan and not the other way around. Blame Drew for that but then you need to replay KotoRII. Most of the back story had Meetra painted as a loyal General to Revan and even friend.

When it comes to haters gonna hate , it seems their is more hate on these forums for Revan than any other character in KotoR or StarWars for that matter . Drew was a writer for Bioware and he did what most writers would have done in his shoes right or wrong. I am not here to over debate Drew nor Revan but it is played out by Surik Fanboys over and over .

Drew is responsible for writings in games I like alot "KotoR to MassEffect and even a little of what I am playing now in TOR" , if you hate his writing so much and think hes bad , than why does the games hes envolved in make more money and sell better than Obsidian games ?

I see no harm in what Drew did , I will say though it did come full circle on how Revan can be selfish in both Revan's Novel and in TOR when he appears and does not name his "Old Friend" even though she gave her life for him.

Surpising those Surik Fanboys forgot to mention Revan's selfishness as he has not just did this once but most of Revan and Surik Storylines.

Hatred on these forms for Revan outweighs anything for Surik or anyone else in StarWars Author or character . So yes Haters gonna hate !

Only thing I have come to learn since coming to TOR FORUMS is StarWars fans like to Derail and attack other peoples favorite characters . Every I hate Revan thread is always the same people constantly attacking and trying their hardest to put the character down and anyone who likes him .

I use to go to other StarWars forums but it has never been so bad as on the TOR forums as tehy seem to give most Negative posting a pass and let people start troll threads .

KotoRII was made like a DC Marvel comic with over the top Characters who really were unstopable.

KotoRI started off with the main character on his way to dieing by being betrayed by his apprentice and being saved by a group of Jedi who were also their to kill him . He had basic powers and basic combat skills but was smart with how he used them . He was not over the top and was killable . Meetra on the other had can take away force powers from other Force users and Game over! At no point did The Exile feel defeatable and nor did they ever let that on.