Master Luke vs Darth Sidius

zElmTree

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke didn't have any real formal training.

If we go with the Luke from the novels, he was the powerful force user ever, and could actually create new force powers. He had reached a level of mastery of the force that transcends formal training.

In fact during his fight with Darth Vader he learns the saber combat form that Vader is using, during the fight itself.

Luke at his prime would destroy Sidius with little problem.

Luke from the novels turned into the greatest Jedi to have ever lived, surpassing any known Sith Lord. This isn't even debatable. He had all of Anakin's potential, pre-lava. Lucas has stated that Anakin had the potential to surpass Sidius. Luke, unlike his father, actually realized his potential and singlehandedly rebuilt the Jedi order. Luke became so powerful in the novels that they had to nerf him to some degree just to keep the plot interesting.

The answer is Luke.

Luke from the novels turned into the greatest Jedi to have ever lived, surpassing any known Sith Lord. This isn't even debatable. He had all of Anakin's potential, pre-lava. Lucas has stated that Anakin had the potential to surpass Sidius. Luke, unlike his father, actually realized his potential and singlehandedly rebuilt the Jedi order. Luke became so powerful in the novels that they had to nerf him to some degree just to keep the plot interesting.

The answer is Luke.

Anakin had 200% the potential of Sidious, He had powerwise 80% of Sidious power. Luke's potential would be 100% above Sidious, Different from Anakin he could reach his potential since he wasn't in a cyborg suit.

Even if he only has half of Anakins potential, it's more than needed to wipe the floor with any other force user in the galaxy's history :p

Damn it, I want to see the end of Abeloth. It doesn't fit to have her in SW. Having an Evil Immortal God?

Like I said before it should just be two. Luke and Sidious. One good God and One Bad one. Adding Abeloth messes with Balance of characters.

Hopefully that end will come in about a month or so...

Canon wise , Sidious

None Canon wise , Luke

Luke only beat Vadar because Vadar could not use his hate and rage on his son . Lucas stated that Vadar was not as powerful as Palpitine, there for if we go by the movies and canon , than Palpitine pwns Luke in 2 seconds and goes back to mindlessly stairing into space like a zombie while laughing at god knows what .

Luke does not become a Master and number 1 till EU and lucas stated everything after the movies did not happen and are not canon.

Just another reason why I hate Lucas's hate for EU and this whole Canon Fanboy bs.

Edited by mefit

Luke... from Lucas's own statements during the Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

Luke has the same Force potential as his father, which is why both Darth Vader and the Emperor were willing to turn on each other to gain Luke as their apprentice. Luke is said to represent Anakin's full potential, if Anakin had lived to achieve it rather than suffer the horrible fate that made him more machine than man. Lucas also mentions that Luke's Force potential was even more powerful than Emperor Palpatine's

Edited by Liquidacid

Luke... from Lucas's own statements during the Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

Luke has the same Force potential as his father, which is why both Darth Vader and the Emperor were willing to turn on each other to gain Luke as their apprentice. Luke is said to represent Anakin's full potential, if Anakin had lived to achieve it rather than suffer the horrible fate that made him more machine than man. Lucas also mentions that Luke's Force potential was even more powerful than Emperor Palpatine's

Well it saddly isn't shown in the movies because Palpitine was otw to killing Luke right before Vadar commited suicide by taking the deadly blows and tossing Palpitine down the hole .

Just pointing on the facts, in the end you can say whatever Lucas said but it is not what he shown in teh movies and hence Luke was nothing till after ROTJ in EU where he becomes Godlike !

Alot of People say Leia was more powerful than Luke and even Lucas has here and there made coments towards it , but nothing in the movies shown here to be anything of a force user other than her link to Luke .

So in the end , Movies > Lucas later coments.

Till he remakes them to show otherwise , ever current copy of ROTJ show Luke on the ground getting messed up by a old man berely breaking a sweat ............well really not even breaking a sweat .

If by losing makes you more powerful than so be it !

Edited by mefit

Palpatine didn't look so powerful as his wrinkly *** was being chucked over a ledge by a one handed man :D

That is true but I will give him points for taking out the backstabber who tossed him down the hole . After all Vadar was only alive for little while after before his suit and body gave out from being shocked to death .

Palpitine scores one for that !

I would say I would rather him killing the cry baby Luke than Vadar but can't have it all I guess !

That is true but I will give him points for taking out the backstabber who tossed him down the hole . After all Vadar was only alive for little while after before his suit and body gave out from being shocked to death .

Palpitine scores one for that !

I would say I would rather him killing the cry baby Luke than Vadar but can't have it all I guess !

I wouldn't say Palpatine scored on that one... I mean ya he did get Vader for the backstabbing but in the end he still died, his plans all failed horribly, and Luke still lived... so Palpatine lost in ever way that counts and Luke won... You seem to only want to go by what the movies show and ignore everything else that is considered canonical by Lucasfilm Ltd (which owns SW) ... they make it clear Luke wins and Palpatine loses in a very unflattering way...

You would think if Palpatine was so powerful in the force his danger sense would have warned him a dying cripple was very slowly moving against him.. I mean come on Vader wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it... He just walked up and grabbed him

Edited by Liquidacid

I wouldn't say Palpatine scored on that one... I mean ya he did get Vader for the backstabbing but in the end he still died, his plans all failed horribly, and Luke still lived... so Palpatine lost in ever way that counts and Luke won... You seem to only want to go by what the movies show and ignore everything else that is considered canonical by Lucasfilm Ltd (which owns SW) ... they make it clear Luke wins and Palpatine loses in a very unflattering way...

You would think if Palpatine was so powerful in the force his danger sense would have warned him a dying cripple was very slowly moving against him.. I mean come on Vader wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it... He just walked up and grabbed him

You keep saying Lucas this or that , well Lucas made the movies and Luke did not do anything in the fact that the Emperor died other than being there and being the Son of Vadar who loved him.

Vadar was conflicted and the Emperor was short sighted in his want to turn Luke and when Luke would not change the Emperor wanted to kill him. Vadar caught the Emperor off guard and killed the Emperor .......

In the end really nothing in all that shows any power Luke had other than he was the Son of a Guy who changed the fate of the Empire

If we go nonecanon and EU , the Empire goes on afterwards and even after every clone of Palpitine dies.

Lucas is a Good Beats Evil story teller and it was bound to happen. I think it was wrote well, and I think Luke fans are making more out of it than it was.

Sure without Luke Vadar probably would have never turned on the Emperor. But Luke is not the one who did anything other than that ! Until Vadar tossed him down the hole , Luke was getting owned by Palpitine who you say is weaker. What is , is what is .

Debat more if you like but anyone can pull up the movie LUCAS MADE and see Luke on the ground begging for his father for help while the Emperor barely using his power was killing him .

Wasnt Luke that threw the finishing blow , it was Vadar who died for it

Wasnt Luke who planned out the battle either , it was the Rebels

Luke was a major figure in it all but again , not THE MOST POWERFUL . If he was , the Emperor would not be the one who was winning the fight and Luke would have never been on the ground.

If Luke was the most powerful out the three he would have done what Yoda did when he fought Sidious and deflected the lightning . But he didn't because he couldn't .

Movie > anything said

Lucas made the movie and the movie is why we are all here playing the game or day dreaming anything SW !

You keep saying Lucas this or that , well Lucas made the movies and Luke did not do anything in the fact that the Emperor died other than being there and being the Son of Vadar who loved him.

Vadar was conflicted and the Emperor was short sighted in his want to turn Luke and when Luke would not change the Emperor wanted to kill him. Vadar caught the Emperor off guard and killed the Emperor .......

In the end really nothing in all that shows any power Luke had other than he was the Son of a Guy who changed the fate of the Empire

If we go nonecanon and EU , the Empire goes on afterwards and even after every clone of Palpitine dies.

Lucas is a Good Beats Evil story teller and it was bound to happen. I think it was wrote well, and I think Luke fans are making more out of it than it was.

Sure without Luke Vadar probably would have never turned on the Emperor. But Luke is not the one who did anything other than that ! Until Vadar tossed him down the hole , Luke was getting owned by Palpitine who you say is weaker. What is , is what is .

Debat more if you like but anyone can pull up the movie LUCAS MADE and see Luke on the ground begging for his father for help while the Emperor barely using his power was killing him .

Wasnt Luke that threw the finishing blow , it was Vadar who died for it

Wasnt Luke who planned out the battle either , it was the Rebels

Luke was a major figure in it all but again , not THE MOST POWERFUL . If he was , the Emperor would not be the one who was winning the fight and Luke would have never been on the ground.

If Luke was the most powerful out the three he would have done what Yoda did when he fought Sidious and deflected the lightning . But he didn't because he couldn't .

Movie > anything said

Lucas made the movie and the movie is why we are all here playing the game or day dreaming anything SW !

we have to go with EU Luke ... because of the simple fact the threads title says MASTER Luke vs. Darth Sidius and Luke wasn't a master til after the movies... your entire argument is now moot

Master Luke SKywalker > Palpatine by miles

Edited by Liquidacid

Luke became so powerful in the novels that they had to nerf him to some degree just to keep the plot interesting.

To the point of absurdness. All those novels and comics and other stuff are often just a load of horse ****, invented out of thin air by some idiots for small children. They are more like magic stories, completely out of line with what we see in the movies. So I just disregard these creations, which describe Sidious as being able to mind wipe billions of people or destroying stars (and what the hell was he doing in the movies if he had such tremendous powers) and I can't even imagine what they wrote about Luke, who was so much more powerful so they even "had to nerf him". I'm certain he could accidentally destroy a star system by sneezing. What a load of crap.

Alot of People say Leia was more powerful than Luke and even Lucas has here and there made coments towards it , but nothing in the movies shown here to be anything of a force user other than her link to Luke .

So in the end , Movies > Lucas later coments.

Till he remakes them to show otherwise , ever current copy of ROTJ show Luke on the ground getting messed up by a old man berely breaking a sweat ............well really not even breaking a sweat .

If by losing makes you more powerful than so be it !

Where could you have possibly gotten that? Leia wasn't an official Jedi. She stopped because it was messing with her Political/Diplomat Job.

• 3 months later...