Is it me or has the lag increased on the servers and also on the way to them?

Totemdancer

Is it me or has the lag increased on the servers and also on the way to them?

I can check with ping Plotter and all seem good from Australia to DM. When I say good, I mean relative to what it usually is 315ms. There are no spikes on the live pingplotter feed, but in the game it’s sitting at 350-400ms for long periods of time. Not just spikes, I means minutes. There are also only 13 hops to the Dublin data centre and its 301ms to Dublin direct from Australia, ae-0-4.bar1.Dublin1.level3.net. There are no hops in America using US companies, only Australian.

(I find it weird that there are 19 hops to the US servers and 13 to Ireland)

I’m also seeing something similar on the US servers. I’m getting 30-40ms more than usual. I can see that the US has some serious issues from the west to east coast. Ping goes from 167ms when it lands on the west coast to 238ms before it leaves LA or San Jose. And then hits the servers at 248ms. Then in the game it’s sitting at 269ms.

(I’m used to getting 220-230ms)

Is this the game, is it the new net neutrality laws, is it the crappy US internet?

Is anyone else, especially from the APAC region, experiencing these sorts of problems in the last 12 hours?