Jugg Augment Gearing Question

keetrazor

Wassup yall, I got a little question,

So I've been playing SWTOR for the story and the fun, and I am in no way a hard Operation goer or Ranked PVPer. I enjoy group stuff like World Boss hunting and HM Flashpoints, as well as uprisings and dalies. That being said, I never really committed myself to understanding the whole gearing process as I am pretty casual. Thus, my question arises

Q: What is more important for an Immortal Jugg: Endurance augments or shield augments?

My reasoning for this question is that I have almost full 248 gear (implant is my only 246 piece) and I am now augmenting with 236 augs. Given the price on them and cost of crafting, I can't exactly trial and error this. With endurance augments my HP will be around 130k+, but obviously my shield absorption would be lacking a little. Should I let my HP fall to ~125-126k and use shield augments instead, favoring eating damage via absorption chance vs eating it with HP? Any advice appreciated. This is the first and only MMO I've ever played so I lack the understanding to properly gear on my own. Hoping SWTOR's friendly community could help me out.

I just made a jugg tank this past week and had the same questions. A friend who did a lot of raiding as a jugg told me "as long as ur defense is like 2200, Shield and Absorb are like 1500 ur fine". So that's how I've been stacking priority, D>S>A to try and get close to those numbers.

I would recommend splitting augments between shield and absorb. To get your health up it's better to invest into 246 rated bmod. So Advanced Warding Mod 54B (some people like to take Advanced Lethal Mods 54B, but I would recommend it unless you really need to push some extra damage doing nims). For enhancements try to get Bastion/Bulwark enhancements. All of these mods and enhancements can be crafted, and they're not super expensive to buy either.

The reason endurance augments are you usually shunned is that you'll be trading shield and absorb for health, while with mods and enhancements you're trading in defense for more health, and you'll get plenty of defense anyway.

Wassup yall, I got a little question,

Q: What is more important for an Immortal Jugg: Endurance augments or shield augments?

My reasoning for this question is that I have almost full 248 gear (implant is my only 246 piece) and I am now augmenting with 236 augs. Given the price on them and cost of crafting, I can't exactly trial and error this. With endurance augments my HP will be around 130k+, but obviously my shield absorption would be lacking a little. Should I let my HP fall to ~125-126k and use shield augments instead, favoring eating damage via absorption chance vs eating it with HP? Any advice appreciated. This is the first and only MMO I've ever played so I lack the understanding to properly gear on my own. Hoping SWTOR's friendly community could help me out.

First, you'll want to look at this: Juggernaut and Guardian Tank Gearing Guide.

Second, with the nerf they gave all tank specs in 5.9, I highly recommend that you replace both endurance crystals with (1) power and (1) mastery. While these will not affect your critical, it will increase your damage output. With those 236 Shield & Absorb augments, you'll get a big boost in your power. Thus, combined with the power crystal and all the rest of the gear, you'll reach 1203 power stat level.

Third, instead of using endurance stim, use Versatile stim. This will help increase mastery and works in conjunction with your stats to increase you damage. Combined with these three changes, you will nullify the damage nerf and see about a 15% increase of damage you currently have.

Lastly, I am running 7 Shield and 7 Absorb 236 augments and my gear is completely 248 tank gear. I am almost dead on with the recommendation from that link; however, my HP is at 120k and my spec is full mitigation. I've not had any issues with this and found it more productive in term of damage and survivability. So much so, that I put my companion in DPS mode more often and only use them as healers when I know I'm going into a particular hard fight. Yesterday, I fought against the roaming Monolith on Ziost and forgot to change them over from DPS to Heals. My health never fell below 65% and I was able to kill it in a very short time.

This is what I recommend.

if youre going for a full mit build, mit is more important than HP.

if you want HP, go for the full high hp build.

i dont have the game here, but i think i went with a 2/3 shield and 1/3 absorb on enhancements/augments on the mitigation set. the high hp set is all high endurance mods, enhancements and augments and using the same 2/3 and 1/3 shield/absorb split.

i wouldnt recommend splitting the 2 builds. either you wont have enough mitigation stats to be effective or the HP isnt high enough to cover the high burst phases in operations. i dont mix the sets. ei, left mit gear and right side high hp. i wont do that as i never felt the benefits of going full mit/full high hp.

ive been running 3 gear sets on my jugg for years. high HP, full mitigation, and dps. all 3 are effective and have strengths and weaknesses.

HM (Vet) Operations im usually in the full mitigation set unless im an off tank, then its DPS (crit cap, then the soft alacrity cap, rest to power)

pvp wise its dps set on attack, mitigation for defense on voidstar, high hp for guard swapping. its very fluid and i do swap sets in matches to adapt to whats going on. though going full mit entire matches is a ton of fun. watching fools blow through their burst rotations and barely scratch you, even before the tank patch arrives. :D (just cant do any dmg back to them LoL)

FP's any FP, im usually in the DPS set.

all 3 sets are min/maxed

Edited by Liquor