Illum PvP daily

Philbert

30 is way too many, especially on servers with lower populations of Republic. I've given up on this quest after the first day after spending almost 2 hours in an ops group trying to get my 30 kills.

The kills need to be lowered to something more reasonable, or have a third measure put in such as guards that patrol the areas that give you 0 valor, but provide kills for the quest. The armaments, I haven't even seen one spawn yet. Then again, after Wednesday, I stopped trying for this quest.

Edited by Philbert

As republic, Ilum dailies are simply not possible. You can ram your face against that wall for hours and youll never get a single kill. The place is swarming with imperials and they are all *********** stealthers. Good luck even getting near an armament crate. They just hang out there stealthed waiting for you to try to pick it up.

I played Ilum for 2 hours and 42 minutes. In that time, 96 deaths no kills. No ops group available, though even if there was republic is outumbered 3 to 1 or worse so we would just get steamrolled anyway. Ilum will never be fixed s long as such a ridiculous imbalance exists. So wohoo i guess it was a place the devs wanted imperial players to be able to go to get free champ bags every day. Mission accomplished.

You couldn't pay me to go to the Ilum PvP zones. I'll farm my PvE dailies all week, but I won't go to Ilum to PvP under any circumstances. It's just an Imperial zerg. I went once, and god was that a mistake. I actually made it out of my base, believe it or not. I went to where the armaments spawn and low and behold, Imperials were camping it. At least 10 of them. I go to the next one thinking, "Hey, maybe I can shake them!" Nope! The map tells them whenever I'm near an objective. That is so stupid! How can an underdog move around freely when the game itself tracks and reports your every move! So I gave up on that, went to find Imps to kill. I found 10... again. They killed me in about 5 seconds. I respawn, BAM, camped in the spawn. I literally can not leave. I spawn, die, spawn, die. I got out using WZ/fleet pass. Sure, they fixed the spawn camping, but now the Imps just camp 10 feet down the hill. No real change there. I won't go back. Ever.

You guys realize its terrible for imperials to right? With a billion of us flying around and so few rebels we can't kill enough of you to actually get credit (diminishing returns means we have to kill literally 30 different rebels) or pick up the crates that spawn like 2-3 at a time (and have a whopping 1 armament inside) with 50 competing imperials swarming all over central because the few rebels that are around don't actually give us anything for killing them. Its bad all around.

I think I enjoyed the old flip-flop much better then this. At least everyone got them done. Now it's either almost not possible for the outnumbered side and extremely time-consuming and frustrating for the outnumbering side.

IMO it should be reversed to how it was pre-1.1 and updated once a better solution is in place.

• 9 months later...
guys a stupid question maybe... I ve completed the daily in ILUM, but there is nothing to turn in quests... ???? Where shall I turn it in!!!? There is nothing in ILUM and there is nothing in republic fleet.

Um, I think you necro'd an old post.

guys a stupid question maybe... I ve completed the daily in ILUM, but there is nothing to turn in quests... ???? Where shall I turn it in!!!? There is nothing in ILUM and there is nothing in republic fleet.

You haven't played the game in quite some time? The quest was removed months ago, guess that mean there is no way to turn the quest in anywhere now if you still have it in your log.

Edited by Drudenfusz

You haven't played the game in quite some time? The quest was removed months ago, guess that mean there is no way to turn the quest in anywhere now if you still have it in your log.

I've returned after long break and I had my Illum weekly and daily in quest journal. I have completed it in a warzone and then turned it in the pvp terminal like usual daily/weekly. Got even ranked comms out of it ;)

Edited by MelodicSixNine

well.. didnt knew that, I played the game since august, but I was not much into pvp... I made a pvp toon recently.. I remember my first character, be able to complete it once.. But since then, I tried ilum very recently again... lol

To be honnest, its rare to find an mmo game, with "dead areas" lol... so I will delete the quests..

Edited by Oyranos

Kinda wish you had shared the quest! If we all formed ops groups and kept sharing the quest (before completing it), we could keep Ilum alive!!!

I dusted off my sorcerer a couple of weeks ago and she still had the Illum daily/weekly. I tried to share it for the reason you mentioned, but unfortunately it is not shareable. Also, you are still able to complete those quests and turn them in at the fleet pvp terminal. They give the same rewards as the normal pvp daily/weekly.

Once a week, I make a run to Ilum on my Pub to flip the map just so I can see the starships bomb the Imperial base. Occasionally, I'll stumble into a good fun fight with an Imp that is there reminiscing like I am. Initially, Ilum was a disaster, but by 1.1.5 BW had cleaned things up pretty well and it was a really fun place to roll.

RIP Ilum on Dark Reaper: http://bit.ly/SRq6lw