Need assistance picking Jedi class

ZioGio

I'm a returning player and conflicted about what type of Jedi to play (PvE, primarily solo story line).

I found the Jedi Sage/Shadow story line and companions boring, whereas the Jedi Sentinel/Guardian storyline and companions looked more like the experience I want to have.

The problem is, on the surface, it appears the Jedi Sentinels/Guardians are just hack-and-slash with no discernable Force attacks.

Is there a Jedi Sentinel or Guardian advanced class that utilizes more Force powers than the others? Are they fun Force powers or just like a hand-wave that has little to no visual feedback?

In an ideal world, I could play a Jedi Shadow in the Jedi Sentinel/Guardian story line, but, since I can't, what's the next best thing on the Jedi Sentinel/Guardian side?

Thanks!

On most of the sentinel subclasses approximately half of their attacks are what I'd call force attacks, things like focused burst, force melt, force exhaustion and the like.

Pretty much the same thing applies to guardians.

Edited by TheGreyRanger

On most of the sentinel subclasses approximately half of their attacks are what I'd call force attacks, things like focused burst, force melt, force exhaustion and the like.

Pretty much the same thing applies to guardians.

Thanks!

I found the Jedi Sage/Shadow story line and companions boring, whereas the Jedi Sentinel/Guardian storyline and companions looked more like the experience I want to have.

Be warned that the bulk of the Jedi Knight story's Chapter 2 consists of a blindly enthusiastic attempt to do something that's beyond gross stupidity, so much so that it's a wonder the player character's brain doesn't implode into a sort of stupidity equivalent of a black hole.

Sorry. I'm exaggerating a little, but it is, nonetheless, an exercise in gross stupidity and fatuous optimism.

Be warned that the bulk of the Jedi Knight story's Chapter 2 consists of a blindly enthusiastic attempt to do something that's beyond gross stupidity, so much so that it's a wonder the player character's brain doesn't implode into a sort of stupidity equivalent of a black hole.

Sorry. I'm exaggerating a little, but it is, nonetheless, an exercise in gross stupidity and fatuous optimism.

LOL, thanks, Steve. I read about the differences between the two storylines and your summary kind of fits what was said before (although in a more humorous way).

I started a Jedi Shadow last night and it feels exactly what I was looking for in gameplay. I played through the Consular storyline as a Sage a while ago, but playing a different race and class will hopefully make it a different experience.

Thanks, again!