Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling
08.20.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Noooo, In front of, but at an angle... They're near where the Consortiumw would drop in...
But like I said, they wouldn't do that, as that would put them at risk of collision. Baring in mind that they'd expect the fleet to drop out several lightyears in front of where the stealthed units will come. Effectively risking the possibility of the right flank smashing into them.

They have no choice but to remain behind the fleet, given that the Consortium could drop right infront of it.

Selenial
08.20.2013 , 10:48 AM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But like I said, they wouldn't do that, as that would put them at risk of collision. Baring in mind that they'd expect the fleet to drop out several lightyears in front of where the stealthed units will come. Effectively risking the possibility of the right flank smashing into them.

They have no choice but to remain behind the fleet, given that the Consortium could drop right infront of it.
Ehhh, they have another (Probably better choice) which was my Original locations for the Secundus scenario,

Imagine a compass...

Open Circle Fleet - North-West of the Planet
Consortium Fleet - South West of the Planet
Malgus' Stealthies - South / South-East of the Planet.

No risk of collisions there
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Wolfninjajedi
08.20.2013 , 10:52 AM | #1013
As many as your Navies can hold... And Each Venator has 420 fighters (Huge) and Each Acclamator has 156. Those are my Republic fighters.

I could also have fighters in my Enforcer-Class Picket cruisers, my Vindicators, and my Interdictors.
Since when can Enforcer picket cruisers carry fighters?

Though the Consortium fleet can't carry fighters, so how big are they?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Canino
08.20.2013 , 10:54 AM | #1014
The Debris won't be anywhere near the battle, my fleet will be positioned beyond it, and as you have to drop out of hyperspace quite far away to utilize stealth ships, or come close and get ripped out by Interdictors, it just doesn't work.
So we drop far and come in through the debris. Vader doesn't need to start combat. We can have a stare off And what Beni says.

Tie Avengers, Tie Opressors, Tie Defenders and Tie Interceptors were not common ships, and Vader can't simply download them, just because he served with them once doesn't mean he has their schematics lodged in his brain.

There really aren't any blind spots in the Open Circle Fleet, if you can come up with one inform me, but if you can't, bad luck. Also you have to note that moving ships takes time, and power that would do better re-routed to shields. Also you'd expose your engines, and without Engines, Agressors are useless.
Vader was constantly tinkering, and IRC helped Santhe design all of the TIE fighter ships. He would know them pretty well.

And Vader would know every weak spot on the Open Circle Fleet. He commanded them during TCW. He even modified them! He would know exactly how to do damage, and do it.

You really need to stop over-estimating the buzz droids, the CIS had them, and every republic ship's schematics thanks to Palpatine, and they still didn't dominate the space battles, hell, they barely utilized them, because they were expensive and most of them were useless and left adrift in space.
Actually they weren't used because they weren't invented until far later in the war. And they weren't expensive. In fact, the Colicoids had MILLIONS left over after the war. They were sold and stolen by pirates and used later.... so yeah. They can do some serious damage. And I would imagine I have A. LOT. OF. THEM.

As Aurbere and Beni have both pointed out already, Blackhole/Cronal was the head of Imperial Intelligence, he has contacts in the Underworld too, ones that would happily rally to the Dark Imperiums defence at Raxus. I've already said why I think the underworld would stay out of this conflict, I do not intend to repost the same argument twice.
I was thinking about this. Cronal wouldn't have contacts. His field agents would. He would be doing more important things then gather contacts, such as managing the Ubiqtorate. And they would most definitely fight if offered IGBC money. I have multiple underworld sources as well. Aurra Sing could call in Anzat Assassins. Kanos has his other ID- Kenix Kil. And then Aruk.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
08.20.2013 , 10:58 AM | #1015
Ehhh, they have another (Probably better choice) which was my Original locations for the Secundus scenario,

Imagine a compass...

Open Circle Fleet - North-West of the Planet
Consortium Fleet - South West of the Planet
Malgus' Stealthies - South / South-East of the Planet.

No risk of collisions there
Unfortunately you don't have a choice of location. The Open Circle Fleet has to be stationed in front of the shipyards in order to protect them. Nor do we have accurate information of where the Consortium Fleet will apporach from. We can only assume that it will look like this:

PLANET

SHIPYARDS

OPEN CIRCLE FLEET

CONSORTIUM FLEET

STEALTHED UNITS

With the stealthed fleet being waiting at the flanks of the Open Circle Fleet, any further and they risk collision.

Not that it makes any difference, if the stealth fleet is going to be on the other side of the planet, they will still be out of range of the frigates which will drop out of hyperspace a considerably distance from it.

Selenial
08.20.2013 , 11:03 AM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
So we drop far and come in through the debris. Vader doesn't need to start combat. We can have a stare off And what Beni says.
*facepalm*

Quote:
Vader was constantly tinkering, and IRC helped Santhe design all of the TIE fighter ships. He would know them pretty well.

And Vader would know every weak spot on the Open Circle Fleet. He commanded them during TCW. He even modified them! He would know exactly how to do damage, and do it.
Tinkering isn't enough, and as I said. Come up with a weak spot ever exploited, and I might listen. Problem is, the OCF were designed to not have weak spots. And Vader didn't help design anything.

Quote:
Actually they weren't used because they weren't invented until far later in the war. And they weren't expensive. In fact, the Colicoids had MILLIONS left over after the war. They were sold and stolen by pirates and used later.... so yeah. They can do some serious damage. And I would imagine I have A. LOT. OF. THEM.
They weren't invented until later, but even then they still weren't used much. Wonderful, doesn't mean you have millions. Oh, and you only have as many buzz droids as your fighters can carry... Good luck with that one, you don't exactly have hundreds of fighters, and again, there were many weak points in Buzz droids, many reasons why they could easily fail, you're just ignoring them.

Quote:
I was thinking about this. Cronal wouldn't have contacts. His field agents would. He would be doing more important things then gather contacts, such as managing the Ubiqtorate. And they would most definitely fight if offered IGBC money. I have multiple underworld sources as well. Aurra Sing could call in Anzat Assassins. Kanos has his other ID- Kenix Kil. And then Aruk.
Oh god.
Of course cronal had contacts, he did most of the Meets himself, just in Hologram form. Even if he didn't personally have them, his agents would, and he'd have access to those Records.
Tomato tomato (that doesn't really work in text, but you know what I mean)
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Selenial
08.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Unfortunately you don't have a choice of location. The Open Circle Fleet has to be stationed in front of the shipyards in order to protect them. Nor do we have accurate information of where the Consortium Fleet will apporach from. We can only assume that it will look like this:
Heh, I think we had a miscommunication here, those are the positions I meant...

Beniboybling
08.20.2013 , 11:11 AM | #1018
Just like to put a few points across concerning Imperium attacks on FE worlds;

Mygeeto: stealthed fighters could slip past the blockade and barrage the various cities scattered across its surface and destroy any transports that attempt to leave in hit and run style tactics. Destroying these would cut monetary supplies provided by the valuable crystal deposits and anger the Muuns. Who would likely demand immediate action,

Muunilist: likely protected by planetary shields. However these could be deactivated via a stealthed strike force. Leaving the planet vulnerable to atmospheric orbital bombardment or large scale kamikaze tactics. Taking out the IGBC headquarters could great damage their economic income and ability to purchase weapons and supplies.

Yaga Minor: while heavily protected, stealth fighters could wreak havoc on the shipyards, both from the outside through hit and run tactics and from the inside by landing infiltration units in the hangar bays and sabotaging the shipyards with explosives etc. This would prevent the FE from replacing lost ships and returning to full strength.

The Mygeeto tactic could be replicated on Yinchorr, potentially killing off a large portion of the Imperial Royal Guard and the Muunilist tactic could be replicated on Bastion, potentially leading to the death of Aruk the Great and the underworld contacts and resources he supplies - removing the FEs last reliable source of income.

If such attacks were successful, the FEs ability to launch an effective counterattack would be crippled. They would no longer be in a position to feed and arm their soldiers and refuel and rearm their capital ships. The Imperium would then be in a position to go on the full offensive, performing hit and run tactics on the Consortium Fleets and ensuring any subsequent attacks result in costly ground invasions, wars of attrition the FE cannot win.

Beniboybling
08.20.2013 , 11:15 AM | #1019
They weren't invented until later, but even then they still weren't used much. Wonderful, doesn't mean you have millions. Oh, and you only have as many buzz droids as your fighters can carry... Good luck with that one, you don't exactly have hundreds of fighters, and again, there were many weak points in Buzz droids, many reasons why they could easily fail, you're just ignoring them.
Each StarViper is equipped with buzz droids, of which the Consortium has hundreds. Given that its Venator's alone can store over 1000, I expect they have more than hundreds, a lot more.

EDIT: I'd also point out that Cronal is to busy using darksight to sway the underworld. And he doesn't have the contacts on hand, merely the means to access them. We also have to remember how instantaneous these opening moves will be.

Selenial
08.20.2013 , 11:16 AM | #1020
Quick question Beni....

You say no outside Involvement of any kind, but do the other factions exist? While the stealth fighters do their thing, can the Assassins go throughout the Galaxy killing people to enhance their own power? or is that not allowed...

Just thinking about some scenarios