HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/notsigned™

It's not a punishment at all. If you want to throw that term around then it *is* punishment for those that *did* subscribe during the promotional period... or else why even have this kind of promotion if it doesn't matter?

It's totally *not* fair for people that didn't qualify for a promotion to get it. Do you want a Founder title also?

Next you'll be saying "but I have a life and commitments and blah blah blah" as if others don't have any of that. We all have lives and other commitments and that's not any kind of reason or excuse to get something you didn't qualify for.

People need to stop feeling entitled to everything in the world.

Edited by PetFish

/notsigned™

It's not a punishment at all. If you want to throw that term around then it *is* punishment for those that *did* subscribe during the promotional period. It's totally *not* fair for people that didn't qualify for a promotion to get it. Do you want a Founder title also?

Next you'll be saying "but I have a life and commitments and blah blah blah" as if others don't have any of that. We all have lives and other commitments and that's not any kind of reason or excuse to get something you didn't qualify for.

yes well 1. a child's life is more then a game and when I have to stop subbing to pay for stuff she needs I think that's understandable 2. there are a few people who couldn't be subscribed because they don't have a computer anymore and are working to get one or they couldn't do it because of other issues. Yes, it is a punishment for the people who weren't subscribed because they offer everything else through cartel market but not HK-55. FTP don't have the option to get him and pref should at least have the option to get the mission a game should not make you pay 120 just to get a droid and other stuff that goes with the "promotional period" it's been long enough now that they should put him up on cartel market no one cares who's subbed anymore blah blah blah it's a game not a contest to see who has the better stuff it's made for people to play together and have fun

Yes, it is a punishment for the people who weren't subscribed because they offer everything else through cartel market but not HK-55.

The fact that you think this is true means it's pretty much over for you here... unless you can show me how to get a Founder's medal, Lucky-77 and other various mounts, lots of pets, etc from any other source than being subscribed at certain times.

And like I said, we all have lives and commitments, you're no different nor special in that regard, we make it work or we don't, and it's just insulting that you imply others don't have lives outside of SWTOR.

it's not up to Bioware or anyone else to try and please every single person who has played or ever will play SWTOR.

Edited by PetFish

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think the story companions, and cartel companions would be a great idea for the treek legacy vender...

If this were the case if the prices in credits should be well above preferred status players cap.

Secondly with other timely subscription perks such as my akkdog "pet" that I can't get back due to too many deleted characters and subsequently a one shot deal, would also be nice on the legacy vender. If persay they need to add another ten levels to the legacy for such promo items I would be happy with that. But I would expect any legacy level past 50 to take a heck of a lot of a time sink, in a way to make the further back the item was released the equivalent in legacy level required...

To me that sounds Fair. :)

No. KOTFE was free for subscribers and HK-55 as a returning companion was a promotion for BioWare's most loyal customers. You can try and give us a sob story for why you weren't able to afford a subscription at a certain time, but you knew what you would lose out on. BioWare made it clear long in advance what we would get each month for being a subscriber. You'll just have to be content with having HK-51.

Just like with Nico Okarr, you will never get HK-55 again as a companion. Want to avoid issues like this in the future? Stay subscribed. $15 a month won't break the bank. That's 50 cents a day. If you can't afford that, you probably shouldn't be playing this game to start. I'm not trying to be mean, just telling you the harsh truth.

It's totally *not* fair for people that didn't qualify for a promotion to get it. Do you want a Founder title also?

Exactly. I mean, can you imagine if Bioware brought back say the items from the first ever rakghoul event back in 2012 and pandering to those who are complaining that they weren't there to get the items or the achievement? Or even bringing back those items from that one time chevin event?

Bioware would never do this. They would never ruin the value of those items and those rare memorabilias. They would also never give people the founder title either.

Edited by DarthWoad

I think it would only be fair if you would make HK-55 available in cartel market for people who couldn't or weren't subscribed on January 11th 2016 instead of making it seem like a punishment for the people who weren't subscribed.

Why on earth? I saw it more of a punishment than a 'reward'. But this is Bioware and Cartel coins talk, so they probably will reskin it and call it HK-65 or something when the 'HK' Cartel packs drop

I think it would only be fair if you would make HK-55 available in cartel market for people who couldn't or weren't subscribed on January 11th 2016 instead of making it seem like a punishment for the people who weren't subscribed.

Life is not fair... So you will not get your free play... We paid. We stay subscribed. We get to play the HK-55 mission and you don't sorry but like I said life is not fair.

If you sub for 6 months at a time is only $11.75 a month. I bet you pay more than that for beer, cigarettes, or Soda and snacks in a month.

There are many things in the game I would like too but can not get because I was not playing the game when they came out. Oh well guess I will never have those things and you will not have this one either.

Live and learn, then suck it up....

Was it? And there was me thinking people paid £8.99x7(9 chapters launch+7 extra) = £72. Hardly 'free'.

Ok not FREE, but there was no extra charge. Try playing some other games that charge $80, $120, or $165 for xpacs like EQ2 plus your subscription charge. So that would make this xpac free in a sense.

Cue cries of "entitlement!" from people who are cowering in fear of their shinies being somehow made less special.

Honestly, I wholeheartedly support this. Make Nico and HK-55 available to people, and I say that as someone who is subbed and currently have both of them. The real entitlement here are the people who are so desperate to feel special and better than someone else that they'll defend their little toy's exclusivity rather than share.

Cue cries of "entitlement!" from people who are cowering in fear of their shinies being somehow made less special.

Honestly, I wholeheartedly support this. Make Nico and HK-55 available to people, and I say that as someone who is subbed and currently have both of them. The real entitlement here are the people who are so desperate to feel special and better than someone else that they'll defend their little toy's exclusivity rather than share.

I really wish I could get my Akkdog pet back and the 2012 Racghoul shinys on long lost forgotten characters...

I would love the perks on a type of vender. But there would have to be some sort of sink either credits or time played that made it relivent for those that didn't sub during those times. For those that did, replacement items of old, would be cheaper, and less difficult to attain from said merchant. Meh people squabble over this. But yes I do enjoy having the companions I have subbed for. Never the less, if I were in other people's shoes who for what ever reason couldn't subscribe at the time, be pretty ticked off. :(

I think it would only be fair...

That depens on your point of view, and whether you were subscribed back then. It would be neat for those people who weren't playing back then, but it would hardly be fair to the people who subscribed back then. I agree that HK-55 was handled somewhat badly, and that forcing him out of the story to return him as a subscriber reward is less than decent. I like the DvL approach a lot more - create a new companion for the sake of subscriber rewards. However, that's how it is, we have to make due with that.

I don't have HK-55 because my sub lapsed during the subscription day, and I don't want him as a CM item. It wouldn't be fair to the people who have him. Yeah, a technical error, life is unfair, sh*t happens.

If you want to get an assassination droid, I suggest doing Section X for HK-51. It's the same droid. HK-55 has a different paintjob and some more lines, but that's about it. He's a little bit more on the comedy act spectrum of the companions, but I really don't care about that in an assassin droid. Besides, HK-51 has some neat companion conversations - something HK-55 doesn't have.

Was it? And there was me thinking people paid £8.99x7(9 chapters launch+7 extra) = £72. Hardly 'free'.

You were never forced to pay this much for the expansion, and you know that's the case. You're using the total subscription time to exaggerate your argument. You could've paid 17.98£ to unlock chapter I-IX and chapter X-XVI earlier this month. You could've been patient and unlock all sixteen chapters for 8.99£ earlier this month. Using both these tactics would've made this expansion the cheapest one to date, with the later option making it 60% cheaper than SoR back in the day.

Stop trying to exaggerate how expensive the expansion was. Yes, technically, it was a free perk on top of your subscription. Previous expansions charged you 20€ on top of your subscription to access them. This one was free for all subscribers. Technically, this expansion was the first "free" expansion for everyone subscribed to the game.

Edited by Alssaran

That depens on your point of view, and whether you were subscribed back then. It would be neat for those people who weren't playing back then, but it would hardly be fair to the people who subscribed back then. I agree that HK-55 was handled somewhat badly, and that forcing him out of the story to return him as a subscriber reward is less than decent. I like the DvL approach a lot more - create a new companion for the sake of subscriber rewards. However, that's how it is, we have to make due with that.

I don't think they took HK-55 out of the story just so they could return him as a sub reward. He was taken out as a progression of the story. If no one noticed, sometimes our companions die or go away. Bringing him back as a sub reward was a nice gesture. It has nothing to do with the story and we have a bazillion companions, so it really doesn't matter if he is there or not... just another face in the crowd, so to speak.

What sense to make date promotions if everyone will have an opportunity to get that promotion later? It's out of logic and sense

I missed out on Nico by a couple weeks. It is what it is.

With EA being EA it wouldn't surprise me to see both HK and Nico show up in the cartel market in time, but so far, they haven't done it yet which is very surprising and shows that there might just be a little bit of BioWare left.

yes well 1. a child's life is more then a game and when I have to stop subbing to pay for stuff she needs I think that's understandable 2. there are a few people who couldn't be subscribed because they don't have a computer anymore and are working to get one or they couldn't do it because of other issues. Yes, it is a punishment for the people who weren't subscribed because they offer everything else through cartel market but not HK-55. FTP don't have the option to get him and pref should at least have the option to get the mission a game should not make you pay 120 just to get a droid and other stuff that goes with the "promotional period" it's been long enough now that they should put him up on cartel market no one cares who's subbed anymore blah blah blah it's a game not a contest to see who has the better stuff it's made for people to play together and have fun

With respect, that is your problem and not Biowares. Sure taking care of your child is important but that isn't Bioware responsibility to cater to your needs or anyone else's for that matter. Their goal is to make content and make money period.

Now to your next point. No and No. HK55 is NOT a punishment. It is a reward for those people who subbed on the day of the promotion that is it. And the excuse that people don't have a computer anymore is again not Bioware's fault, because if it mean't so much to them, could they have not used their phone or gone to an internet cafe?

The debate on what F2P people deserve is a tired one and I am of the opinion that if you do not contribute anything you don't deserve anything. Besides, those player's get the entire base game for free yet, some restrictions should be lifted but that is a different discussion.

So no, it was a Subscriber reward and if you do not meet the deadline then tough. Subs already get so shafted enough.