6.1 patch notes missing things?

TrixxieTriss

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/game-update-6.1

Nothing about fixing the gear bug that drops the wrong specific gear sets for your class spec as well as loot toggle bug. :mad:

I really hope this was just overlooked in the patch notes and it’s been fixed considering it was reported in November and there was even an official Bioware bug thread asking for feed back.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=972158

Eric, can we please get some clarification here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they fix the set bonus achievements that do not work if you buy the gear from the vendor (which is empty). Customer service started granting these (too little too late) but that still sucks cause now you have to again farm the fragments to buy all the gear.

Before you could buy and sell back the stuff for the achievement, yeah, its kinda a lame way to get the achievements but if its in the game its not an exploit :) but now they removed the selling back.

Nothing about fixing the gear bug that drops the wrong specific gear sets for your class spec as well as loot toggle bug. :mad:

I really hope this was just overlooked in the patch notes and it’s been fixed considering it was reported in November and there was even an official Bioware bug thread asking for feed back.

you know that when its about bugs reports there give no care.

that the bug has been report all since november is the same if there have report it all 5 years ago and doing notting to fix it and keep reporting it.

there are also a lot off other bugs that have been report all and still there do notting to fix it or hear from it.

Before you could buy and sell back the stuff for the achievement, yeah, its kinda a lame way to get the achievements but if its in the game its not an exploit :) but now they removed the selling back.

Strictly speaking it *is* an exploit, but since the consequences for the game are essentially nothing, it doesn't matter.

After all, I remember a bug that was announced by a foolish forum poster many moons ago. If you had the right crew skill on the right class, you could acquire and equip ===> that CM item and then unequip it and RE it for materials. You could *also* claim copies from Collections and RE them for materials. It was in the game, but it was *definitely* an exploit, capable of producing (slowly) an unlimited number of credits. (Claim new copies, RE new copies, accumulate mats, vendor mats, rinse and repeat.)

No. I'm not going to say *which* item it was, mostly because I don't remember.

Hey, they fixed the air vents apparantly (havent logged on yet).

They also fixed the bugged heroic 2 in Ossus.

Pretty happy about those. I just don't understand why they kept quiet about the air vents if they had a fix coming. I really don't get that.

I confess i never noticed these bugs you are talking about though.

Edited by Nemmar

Hey, they fixed the air vents apparantly (havent logged on yet).

They also fixed the bugged heroic 2 in Ossus.

Pretty happy about those. I just don't understand why they kept quiet about the air vents if they had a fix coming. I really don't get that.

I confess i never noticed these bugs you are talking about though.

I thought they said the patch was delayed?

I remember you bringing this up awhile back in regards to loot discipline drops. I never noticed it on any of the classes I played, until I started playing Sage/Sorc roughly six weeks ago, and I believe you brought that class up specifically. I haven't had one piece, not one... Gathering Storm set piece drop, it's all been healer gear and i do indeed have the loot discipline set to TK/Lightning respectively. Not a big deal on my part as Tech Frags are easy to get and I bought the set fairly quick from the vendor, but this bug certainly needs to be addressed.

Edited by Pirana

I thought they said the patch was delayed?

It is.

As for things missing from this patch - no fix for the Scourge romance they "accidentally ended" for everyone who opted for it which is really taking the piss since the mini-story is supposed to include Scourge according to the last live stream.

I remember you bringing this up awhile back in regards to loot discipline drops. I never noticed it on any of the classes I played, until I started playing Sage/Sorc roughly six weeks ago, and I believe you brought that class up specifically. I haven't had one piece, not one... Gathering Storm set piece drop, it's all been healer gear and i do indeed have the loot discipline set to TK/Lightning respectively. Not a big deal on my part as Tech Frags are easy to get and I bought the set fairly quick from the vendor, but this bug certainly needs to be addressed.

Gathering storm doesn't drop (or it doesn't drop hardly ever) from flashpoints like the other sets. It's a DXUN set, IIRC. That's why you tend to see more of the general sets and sorc general healer gear.

6.1 patch notes missing things?

Note to forum moderators: This post is a parody, and not intended to be an actual imitation of any developer or community manager, living or dead.

Hi folks! Sorry for the missing dev notes:

64-Bit Client

We have upgraded the game client to a multi-threaded 64-bit client.

• At a minimum, you'll need a 64-bit I-7 processor and 8GB of RAM with at least 4 available cores.
  • You can designate which, and how many, cores you want the game to utilize.

DirectX12

• Starting with 6.1, you'll need a graphics card with at least 4GB of RAM and capable of running DirectX 12, as we've completely replaced the graphics engine.
  • TXAA is now the default anti-aliasing setting.
  • The game now supports 2k, 4k, and 8k monitors with a maximum resolution of 7680x4320.

Crafting Overhaul

We have completely redone how crafting works in SWTOR, from level 1 to level 700, to be more consistent between levels and to use more appropriate quantities of resources.

• Minimum percentage failure is now 25%.
  • You can now use up to 10 companions for crafting missions, and the minimum number of companions that you can use for crafting missions starting at level 1 has been increased from 1 to 5.
  • The FTP restriction on crew skill count has been removed.
  • One character can learn all crafting skills, and the level 700 skill cost has been removed.
  • Anything that you have crafted, even if the item is above your adventuring level, you can disassemble.

Guilds

• Guilds can now choose to remain as single-faction guilds, or convert to dual-faction. Once a guild is converted, it cannot be reverted back to single-faction.
  • The guild membership cap is now 10,000, up from 1,000.
  • Guilds can now have up to 6 strongholds and 4 flagships.
  • Flagship unlock costs have been reduced, requiring 2 frameworks for each door.
  • The guild ban list has been increased to 1,000, up from 185.
  • Guild leaders can now assign ban privileges and bank management abilities to other ranks.
  • The 28-day guild leader turnover function now allows the current guild leader to specify up to 6 other accounts to acquire guild leader rank in the case of guild leader turnover.

Companions Overhaul

We have revisited the functionality of all companions in the game:

• You can now flirt with and romance the original story companions, beginning at level 1, regardless of gender.
  • Instead of choosing between tank, damage, and healing stances for your companion, you can toggle which abilities among those stances you want a companion to use, and save that arrangement in a config file to load for each companion, similar to saving interface configurations.
  • Companions now have an internal client-side timer to test for unresponsiveness (when not affected by stuns or mobility debuffs). Whenever the timer reaches 6 seconds, the companion is reset and moved to the player's position.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Gathering storm doesn't drop (or it doesn't drop hardly ever) from flashpoints like the other sets. It's a DXUN set, IIRC. That's why you tend to see more of the general sets and sorc general healer gear.

Endless Offensive is the Dxun drop sorc/sage set, not Gathering Storm which is available from the vendor. Endless Offensive is not.

Note to forum moderators: This post is a parody, and not intended to be an actual imitation of any developer or community manager, living or dead.

<hack long list of what would be some pretty cool changes>

So.... Trixie's bug is STILL not fixed, even in your version. :p

That I can all agree with to some degree, maybe I should have clarified a bit more. I have four Sages and one Sorc, which I hit Conquest on every week, and not once has a single Gathering Storm set piece dropped from those crates, or even completing the Onderon Weekly has a set piece dropped. As mentioned previously, the only gear pieces I've seen drop are healer pieces and as you mentioned, pieces for the class in general. The fact I haven't had one Gathering Storm set piece drop, indicates there may be a bug in the discipline setting.

The following is a direct quote from Onslaught's 6.0 update:

Gathering Storm

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal 20% more damage and Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Mental Alacrity is active.

(6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Mental Alacrity by 10 seconds. Using Mental Alacrity immediately after adds 10 seconds to its duration.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Operation bosses.

The only thing that post mentions is that it has an increased drop chance from Operation bosses, it doesn't mention it won't drop anywhere else, in addition, does it mention which Operation bosses.

Edited by Pirana

Running 11 sorcs & 6 sages through conquest every week along with FP weeklies & ops with loot set for lightning/telekinetics and so far I've gotten 1 piece of Gathering Storm and 1 piece of Endless Offensive, both from renown boxes. Nothing beyond healing & generic set pieces from any other drops or types of crates.

Granted, I had my Gathering Storm set done and mod'ed within the second week of 6.0...all pieces from the vendor. And I'm 5/7 Endless Offensive, and have my heal set done.

But it's the principle of the thing. It's bloody annoying getting a constant stream of only sorc/sage specific gear being that which I haven't selected for, and generic set pieces.

The same applies to my mercs. Heal specific gear and generic set pieces, never any dps specific gear.

If role selection isn't working then turn the damn thing off and open it up to all roles.

64-Bit Client

• At a minimum, you'll need a 64-bit I-7 processor and 8GB of RAM with at least 4 available cores.

DirectX12

• Starting with 6.1, you'll need a graphics card with at least 4GB of RAM and capable of running DirectX 12, as we've completely replaced the graphics engine.
  • The game now supports 2k, 4k, and 8k monitors with a maximum resolution of 7680x4320.

Crafting Overhaul

We have completely redone how crafting works in SWTOR, from level 1 to level 700, to be more consistent between levels and to use more appropriate quantities of resources.

• You can now use up to 10 companions for crafting missions, and the minimum number of companions that you can use for crafting missions starting at level 1 has been increased from 1 to 5.
  • One character can learn all crafting skills, and the level 700 skill cost has been removed.
  • Anything that you have crafted, even if the item is above your adventuring level, you can disassemble.

Guilds

• Guilds can now choose to remain as single-faction guilds, or convert to dual-faction. Once a guild is converted, it cannot be reverted back to single-faction.
  • Flagship unlock costs have been reduced, requiring 2 frameworks for each door.
  • Guild leaders can now assign ban privileges and bank management abilities to other ranks.
  • The 28-day guild leader turnover function now allows the current guild leader to specify up to 6 other accounts to acquire guild leader rank in the case of guild leader turnover.

Companions Overhaul

• You can now flirt with and romance the original story companions, beginning at level 1, regardless of gender.
  • Instead of choosing between tank, damage, and healing stances for your companion, you can toggle which abilities among those stances you want a companion to use, and save that arrangement in a config file to load for each companion, similar to saving interface configurations.
  • Companions now have an internal client-side timer to test for unresponsiveness (when not affected by stuns or mobility debuffs). Whenever the timer reaches 6 seconds, the companion is reset and moved to the player's position.

It's not a true parody unless you put it in yellow! :D

That I can all agree with to some degree, maybe I should have clarified a bit more. I have four Sages and one Sorc, which I hit Conquest on every week, and not once has a single Gathering Storm set piece dropped from those crates, or even completing the Onderon Weekly has a set piece dropped. As mentioned previously, the only gear pieces I've seen drop are healer pieces and as you mentioned, pieces for the class in general. The fact I haven't had one Gathering Storm set piece drop, indicates there may be a bug in the discipline setting.

The following is a direct quote from Onslaught's 6.0 update:

Gathering Storm

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal 20% more damage and Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Mental Alacrity is active.

(6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Mental Alacrity by 10 seconds. Using Mental Alacrity immediately after adds 10 seconds to its duration.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Operation bosses.

The only thing that post mentions is that it has an increased drop chance from Operation bosses, it doesn't mention it won't drop anywhere else, in addition, does it mention which Operation bosses.

I wrote a long post explaining this, then the internet cut out and I had to reload. I'm too tired to write the whole thing again, so let me summarize: Poor design? Yes. Bug? No.

First, tank and heal sets are classed as general sets, not discipline-specific sets, so it's perfectly normal to get them a lot (less than Amplified champion, but still a lot).

Second, I don't think that sets have an equal chance to drop. I'd say normally it's something like this:

60% all classes in the game

25% general sets for main classes (smuggler, knight, trooper, etc.)

15% general sets for advanced class (all general gunslinger and scoundrel sets for example)

5% discipline specific sets

Then, when you run the run content, whether it's DXUN or ops bosses, it probably gives you, as said, an INCREASED chance, not a guaranteed chance, and not even close I suspect. My experience comes from running 6 toons of different classes and specs through conquest and related activities every week since 6.0 dropped. Maybe it looks like this:

40% all classes

25% main classes

25% advanced classes

10% discipline specific

In any chance, it's not a bug (no matter how much some players insist). It's been working as intended ever since 6.0 released. It's stupid and it sucks, of course.

TLDR - Buy gathering storm off the vendor. Forget about ever getting DXUN drops unless they're on sale at Kai Zykken.

Sad parody, lol. It's like a teary-eyed social commentary. All on point, of course. I was expecting something more along the lines of:

OPERATIONS:

- The Explosive Conflict operation has suddenly stopped working and will remain turned off until further notice.

- During the Temple of Sacrifice Operation, an exciting new mechanic has been introduced! It's now possible for Revan to become unkillable, preventing groups from progressing. Groups will need to discover what is causing this surprise mechanic and avoid triggering it to complete the operation! Let us know if you're in the first groups to decipher this exciting game addition!

- In the DXUN operation, only one person will receive the loot for the entire group at each boss. This will provide a 20% increase to the chances of receiving a DXUN set piece. Additionally, groups will now be able to roll on tech fragments. This change was made to encourage groups to work together for the emotional satisfaction of doing so, not because of material rewards.

64-Bit Client

DirectX12

Crafting Overhaul

Guilds

Companions Overhaul

Don't really like that companion overhaul. It would just get the companion killed. I would rather they had their AI upgraded to move out of AoE's.

The minimum specs seem really high for that 64bit DX12 settings. You would remove half the player base, i'm sure.

Though hey... i gotta say it's unfair that Anthem gets an overhaul and SWTOR never did. So, 64bit better be on the way.

Edited by Nemmar

.. i gotta say it's unfair that Anthem gets an overhaul and SWTOR never did. So, 64bit better be on the way.

I ask this with 5% sarcasm but 95% earnestly seeking the answer: Why the heck does EA-Ware seem to care so much about random obscure 'Anthem' while seeming to invest so little into the freaking STAR WARS IP ?!?! :(

Edited by Nee-Elder
words

Also,

while I see mention of a fix to the Dantooine turret event mission (I will check that out next time it is up), I see no mention of fixes to the various walker missions. I know there was some attempt to fix them in a previous patch, but they are still far more difficult than they should be and are a blocker to story completion on several of my characters.

The minimum specs seem really high for that 64bit DX12 settings. You would remove half the player base, i'm sure.

More than likely. But there's zero benefit of moving to a 64-bit client on an unwhelming, underpowered machine like a 4GB Ram 64-bit I-5. You wouldn't notice the difference between the current client and a 64-bit on such a puny box.

Edited by xordevoreaux

64-Bit Client

What about Ryzen 7s I hope Bioware didn't forget about them.

Everything else looks great - finally a modern game.

<Lemage wakes up>

Oh snap !!! it didn't happen.