Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer/DPS Hybrid

SXxPOSEIDONxXS
01.13.2013 , 08:40 PM | #1
I was wanting to know if it's possible to role a dual healer and DPS spec Scoundrel. Would it role smoothly and successfully or not?

Keyran-Halcyon
01.14.2013 , 02:40 PM | #2
I've played mutt spec before and it can be fun, but it depends on your ability to multi task. Whenever I did it I found myself either focusing more on dps or healing and ultimately wasting talent points spent in the other tree. It is fun for open world pvp though, because usually you are alone so the extra heals help keep you up while taking on more than 1 imp.
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

ChicagoBearsFan
02.05.2013 , 08:05 AM | #3
Hybrids are fine for solo play and leveling up but for End game PVE ops hybrids are just not going to be able to play to their potential as each of the roles need to be clearly defined. There ARE a couple of classes that have viable hybrids for tank/DPS trees but here really are not any good heal/DPS hybrids that work good for endgame content. For most end game content the healer needs to be full speced heals and be able to focus on healing. Same for the DPS on their respective role.
I'm not saying it can't be done on any op, but I'm saying in regards to healing and DPS it should't be done as you want the most out of those roles and full spec is almost always the best way.
While its nice to have the versatility for leveling up, you really don't want a hybrid showing up for an op as a healer who would essential only be able to heal at about a 75% capacity or less. They are there to heal, not to DPS. If the groups health is topped off a full spec healer can always still do some damage.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
Bers - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

uncle_monty
02.14.2013 , 05:42 AM | #4
Hey,

I have played a DPS/Heal operative since February last year. I have used many different builds and there are some great duel talents for certain skills that can provide excellent utility. I have used too many builds to list them all here but my current favorite is::---

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401rff0zhZZhrbkrMhd.2

I have mostly been playing pvp and have found that the role requires quick thinking in accessing the situation as to whether I should be healing or dpsing at each point in time. However I highly recommend this build as its the one that has given me the best results and made me feel of greatest use to my team.

End game pve content is harder, no doubt. But I have found that once my gear is good enough I can heal FPs including LI without having to respec and have also done some storymode Operations. However for the harder Operations such as Denova and TFB I would respec to heal for the reasons stated in the post above.

If you really love a challenge try this build::--

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...crMdzMZhrbkM.2

To say that it is brutally unforgiving would be an understatement.

Happy Gaming mate!
"You now understand why an exotic weapon or unfamiliar style will be more difficult to defend against, but until you become an expert in a particular style, in the heat of combat your mind will still struggle to grasp it's limitations."
Dark Lord Kas'im - Darth Bane 1 Path of Destruction