Hard Mode EV Ancient Pylon bug

A few nights ago we were rolling thru EV on hard mode and when we reached the Ancient Pylon part of it it would bug out where after both sides are complete on the 2nd tier, the controls would no longer light up. After exitting and resetting a few times, we managed to finally get an instance of it not bugging out and moved on to finish the Council and call it a night. Just wondering, for future reference, if anyone else has encountered this bug, and if so, if there is any kind of workaround. Much appreciated.

It's not a bug, make sure you're completing each tier at the exact same time (IE, write down the order, know how many turns its going to take you, and do a countdown on the last turn).

We did all of that and it still bugged.

We also did that successfully until 4th one and then someone messed up so it may be part of the right way but either there is something else or it has bugs.

Edited by Shaetun

I don't understand why people think it has to be completed at the same time, or you have to follow a diagram, or your limited by how many acitvations this info is false. We waited to click the consoles and we ONLY clicked the right consoles when doing it just to test this and we completed the pylon boss just fine. If your getting locked out after the 2nd 3rd row you have to reset the instance it's the only way to fix it. The only added mechanic is a 30sec debuff timer your clickers get other than that its the same fight as normal.

Feel free to hop on Dreshdae Cantina and check out my Rakata Legs if you doubt me btw.

I don't understand why people think it has to be completed at the same time, or you have to follow a diagram, or your limited by how many acitvations this info is false. We waited to click the consoles and we ONLY clicked the right consoles when doing it just to test this and we completed the pylon boss just fine. If your getting locked out after the 2nd 3rd row you have to reset the instance it's the only way to fix it. The only added mechanic is a 30sec debuff timer your clickers get other than that its the same fight as normal.

Feel free to hop on Dreshdae Cantina and check out my Rakata Legs if you doubt me btw.

because we spent many attempts just clicking and having it bug but the first attempt using the pattern we identified and synched completion we won?

Lol there's no pattern mechanic to this fight lol. There's roughly 4 guilds on my server doing Hard mode EV and each one does this boss differently and none of them follow a "pattern" or lock in at the same time lol. I guess we're all just getting lucky every reset.

The pattern from right to left on the wheels is:

Purple-Red-Green-Blue-Yellow-White

So at the beginning you can determine how many spins it will take and minimize the time the encounter takes rather than just doing one side. That way there's less of a chance to bug.

The point of the matter is there is a bug to the fight not a missed mechanic like some have been suggesting in threads about this encounter.

Yes you can minimize your console activations but it's not required to complete the encounter.

Yea its been done via these ways as well:

1. Everyone on the left console

2. Everyone on the right console

3. One side on Left while other pylon on right consoles

I was assuming he meant a way that guarantees no bug which those methods do not.

There's no bug - its a mechanic issue. Once we learned the mechanic, we've been clearing this fight on hard weekly, without issue.

Well since you know more about the encounter mechanics than the GM's, you should probably let them know that it isn't actually a known issue that they're working on.

To everyone who isn't a self-righteous ***** - it IS a known issue, I finally got a ticket response from our runs last week. It is entirely coincidental that doing any one of the myriad of things people have said is a an "additional mechanic" (everyone on one side, everyone on the other, syncing the solves up with a countdown) have worked for different groups because right now it bugs randomly. There was a group that killed it last week whose solves were 40 seconds apart. We personally tried it about 15 times and did the following things:

All left, all right, only opposites, synced with a vent countdown, killed all the mobs first, switched sides after two, and killed all the mobs after it got stuck. Each time it got stuck on the second one, and each time the instance had to be reset (and trash recleared) before another attempt could be made.

Your options if your lockout is bugging are: do it over and over until you get lucky enough to have it randomly work (some people were reporting they spent two hours on it only to have it randomly work on their last pull of the night), or wait and hope they fix it in tomorrow's patch.

Sorry that you're having difficulty with the encounter, bug or no! I'm simply trying to be helpful, to indicate that using our current strategy, we have yet to encounter an issue with the pylons locking themselves that occurred previously. Given that, we believe it to be an additional mechanic rather than a bug.

Best of luck either way!

Sorry that you're having difficulty with the encounter, bug or no! I'm simply trying to be helpful, to indicate that using our current strategy, we have yet to encounter an issue with the pylons locking themselves that occurred previously. Given that, we believe it to be an additional mechanic rather than a bug.

Best of luck either way!

Like I said, some of the bugs seem to be stuck to lockouts (or maybe to individual people, who knows). On some other forums groups were reporting that they walked through it without seeing an issue on their first pull, even though they made no effort to sync solves. Similar issues arose on Gharj, for instance. We wiped to him twice the first week and afterwards he didn't exit combat, so even though we tried a 10 minute logoff we still couldn't re-enter the encounter because it told us there was still a fight in progress. We again had to reset and reclear trash. Another group in our guild wiped to him 3 or 4 times and never had that issue. We also saw some isolated cases of Soa not resetting (he just sat at the very bottom with his shield on).

Best of luck either way!

And is your current strategy one of the one's discussed in this thread? A combination of them? Something completely different?

Honestly this vague mystery bull**** is really dumb for a boss that has no difficulty outside of a gimmick and/or bug.

Quite the annoying bug indeed, we've had the issue several times aswell, but sometimes it doesn't bug.

It's all about being lucky, atleast we've cleared the boss without any ''additional mechanics'' so no, It's a bug.

Alright, so here's the scoop. The fight bugged on us 2 times in a row where the 4th row was not clickable. First time we did with the least amount of moves for either side. The second time we did it only clicking the right console on both sides.

The successful attempt we had 3 things we all did.

1) We counted down and click the panels at the same time each time

2) After each click, we made sure to wait and kill ALL adds. Even when going to the next row when the consoles were immediately able to be clicked, we waited and cleared all spawned adds.

3) We finished each row at the same exact time.

This attempt was successful. GL everyone.