Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eye opening article on Kotaku

Elessara
04.03.2019 , 05:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
<snip>

And lastly Anthem has nothing to offer apart from flying, big armors, shooting and cosmetics you pay for with real money..... All this leads to failure from early release. Players wan't a game to lose themselves in.. characters to care about, a story to enjoy and replay multiple times. Anthem offers NONE of that.
There is nothing in Anthem's cosmetic store that requires RL money. It can ALL be purchased with in game money. Actually some of it can only be purchased with in game money. They've also added more cosmetics that can only be obtained by doing in game activities.

Also, I enjoy Anthem. Yes, it has issues but so does SWTOR and I enjoy SWTOR too so *shrug*. I keep hearing "broken" about Anthem although my personal experience suggests otherwise. I infrequently come across a mission that breaks. I rarely get disconnects. The loading times are too long. This issue existed in DAI and Andromeda - both of which used the same engine - so I'm disappointed they didn't learn and fix it. Maybe I'm just lucky in my experience.

Anthem is one of those games where I think it would have made an awesome single player RPG. The story was too short although I enjoyed what there was of it and I find the game's world and lore interesting.

Honestly my biggest issue with Anthem right now is the same issue I generally have with SWTOR ... both games need more story content.

TrixxieTriss
04.03.2019 , 07:00 AM | #12
Yeah, I read the article late last night. Everything they said just reinforced everything we already suspected was happening behind the scenes with Swtor being gutted.
Anthem is a mess and it’s a mess because of mismanagement. Anyone else see a similarity between that and the life span of swtor.

Spoloma
04.03.2019 , 07:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yeah, I read the article late last night. Everything they said just reinforced everything we already suspected was happening behind the scenes with Swtor being gutted.
Anthem is a mess and it’s a mess because of mismanagement. Anyone else see a similarity between that and the life span of swtor.
Its not quite the same. Launches of both games are similar, but major change in direction for swtor came only with 4.0, which was asinine. What kind of genius thought, that mmo rpg doesnt need actual mmo stuff is beyond me. But, aside of that, there is no evidence of mismanagement in austin studio of that scale. Yes, there were **** ton of miscommunication and completely retarded decisions over the years, but its not a product of that. Then, of course, we all knew, that new content aint coming any time soon, because of release of garbage called "anthem" and dlc to it, i believe its called cataclysms or something. After it launches in spring, may be and only may be, than they will swap back onto swtor to make 6.0.

JepFareborn
04.03.2019 , 07:34 AM | #14
If you ppl think S W T O R is gonna survive this - t h i n k a g a i n.

B3/\/ !r\/!/\/6 needs to be fir3d after this!
I'm currently residing on Server - Satele Shan - formerly from The Harbinger and before that Gauntlet of Kreshh.

TUXs
04.03.2019 , 08:04 AM | #15
Thank God they have Ben Irving to make the game exciting again. Look at all the good he did for this game...hopefully he can spread his Bioware magic all over Anthem too.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

FlameYOL
04.03.2019 , 08:41 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SaveTheMonkeys View Post
You think
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Estelindis
04.03.2019 , 08:46 AM | #17
Excellent article. I feel terrible for all the Bioware staff subjected to such awful stress.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

TrixxieTriss
04.03.2019 , 08:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Excellent article. I feel terrible for all the Bioware staff subjected to such awful stress.
Same. I hope the article has some positive affect for the Bioware employees. No one should have to work under those conditions.

Lunafox
04.03.2019 , 10:09 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by benmas View Post
not everyone wants huniepop star wars edition either .
There are more shooters to choose from than what star wars is. Story and companions make it unique.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

ZionHalcyon
04.03.2019 , 10:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Same. I hope the article has some positive affect for the Bioware employees. No one should have to work under those conditions.
Sadly, it's not just them. That is the state of the video game industry across the board. It's horrible. I usually am anti-union (because of the financial political abuse members suffer while the teamsters get rich), but the game design industry is one of two areas (pro sports being the other) where I think Unions are a necessity. Now more than ever with the way publishers now abuse those who are often having to forgo even medical insurance to work on a work of passion that in the end the people who play it may not even like.

It's rough being in game design.