Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thats no Moon, its a Spore Station!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Thats no Moon, its a Spore Station!

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.01.2019 , 12:52 AM | #1
One game that I love that I couldn't play "Well" during its prime is spore. I recently decided to play it, without the booster pack or the expansion. just the original. it runs dang well on my i5 with a 960 Nvidia GPU. which was far, far from what it ran like back in the day. Currently I am clocked in on origin at 35 hours for a single game to which I named my planet Google.. and surprisingly enough I can still log into the spore servers.

So I am here to Hype up a Marathon game for fun. My gaol is to Spore it out on a single game for 10'000 hours. my ultimate goal is to specifically see how large the game gets over long periods of time. Kind of like a pet science project. in Theory what will my galaxy look like in social development after years of a single game. I have been gaming at least 12 hours or so a day since 1997 due to a disability. However it always amazed me when I read articles in the news feeds of people playing Civilisation 5 or 4 for a time investment for 5-10 years... to me that's pretty dang impressive.

I invite anyone who finds the evolution of long term single player game in a permanent continuous play, with the product being spore... I want to hit Officially 100'000 hours on the clock. Is there anyone in SW/EA land willing to have a friendly time test with me on a Classic game? sole purpose is just fun and to compare notes?

if so PM me on this or send ckprime a friend request on origin, ill be happy to friend anyone willing to play spore. Enjoy!
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

My RAF Link! http://www.swtor.com/r/zfWrv6

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
03.01.2019 , 06:57 AM | #2
100K hours (taken in series rather than in parallel) is more than eleven years.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
03.01.2019 , 12:40 PM | #3
Aww, I thought I was going to find Star Trek: Discovery spoilers here. Oh well.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.01.2019 , 02:40 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
100K hours (taken in series rather than in parallel) is more than eleven years.
yeah I thought it was more like 10 years. kind of a daunting task, but with the low requirements for the game it could be played as a side project on a old laptop. the only issue though is there is no cloud saving and everything is saved to your HD. so you have to pretty much have a PC or Laptop that is ready to be retired and hope nothing on it caves for ten years LOL.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

My RAF Link! http://www.swtor.com/r/zfWrv6

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.01.2019 , 02:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Aww, I thought I was going to find Star Trek: Discovery spoilers here. Oh well.
I have been thinking of playing Star Trek Online, that would probably be the best place for Discovery spoilers because the game is all Canon. I just haven't been to enthused about MMO's lately just tired of them I guess.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

My RAF Link! http://www.swtor.com/r/zfWrv6

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
03.02.2019 , 02:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
I have been thinking of playing Star Trek Online, that would probably be the best place for Discovery spoilers because the game is all Canon. I just haven't been to enthused about MMO's lately just tired of them I guess.
I tried that one a while back, it was ok, had fun customizing and getting uniforms, but didn't really get into it that much. Everyone reaches a plateau in things, even when they like them. That's usually a pretty good indicator that it's time to have a break and do something else you like.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

CKNORTH's Avatar


CKNORTH
03.02.2019 , 06:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I tried that one a while back, it was ok, had fun customizing and getting uniforms, but didn't really get into it that much. Everyone reaches a plateau in things, even when they like them. That's usually a pretty good indicator that it's time to have a break and do something else you like.
speaking of doing things I like, I just got SWTOR to patch in Linux... which means this will be my new home for as long as I can keep it running on Linux, I always had issues with it and windows. hopefully those all clear up.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

My RAF Link! http://www.swtor.com/r/zfWrv6