[VIDEO] Scoundrel Scrapper pvp: space pirates 2

darthnish

Love it, but sadly people will start QQ'ing about how OP scoundrels and operatives are. And whats even worse is BW is dumb enough to listen. Any class will pretty much melt under two other DPS hitting them, but BW and the average player is too dumb to understand this.

Love it, but sadly people will start QQ'ing about how OP scoundrels and operatives are. And whats even worse is BW is dumb enough to listen. Any class will pretty much melt under two other DPS hitting them, but BW and the average player is too dumb to understand this.

Actually, a pair of Scrappers working together will probably rip through a SINGLE target faster than most other DPS classes working together. And they can do it from stealth with no warning, and while the target is CCd for 7 seconds (1.5 KO + 1.5 KO + 4 Kick). Technically a pair of Sins could do it for 8 seconds (2 Spike + 2 Spike + 4 Electrocute), but that opening hit doesn't deal nearly as much damage as our opening hit. Their opening salvo also wouldn't include a double stacked 3100 damage internal damage DOT and 30% armor penetration.

That said, a pair of Pyrotechs would almost assuredly melt a target much faster, and with more armor penetration, comparable internal damage, and bigger overall kinetic burst. Same with two Carnage Mars, albeit with different damage values. These guys just can't do it from stealth (or, in the Marauder case, can't get the stealth opener in quite the same way as Scrappers can). They also can't do it while their target is "stunlocked", at least not with any consistency. Mars channel their main stun. PTs can fire Electro Dart back to back, but that depends on both of them having a 50s CD ability up. The Scrappers just need one of them to have a 30s CD kick ready.

The solution is obviously just to pair guards on a node, watch your healers, DON'T CC BREAK THE KNOCKDOWN, and be mindful of your positioning. Of course, that's too hard for most pug idiots to understand, but at least the solutions are out there if people care to learn.

Edited by ktkenshinx

yeah i know that there are plenty of counters to scoundrels, but what most people hate is the stunlock part i guess, i mean it would suck to be 100-0ed with no chance of fighting back ]:

Well just think about history of Scrappers/Concealment.

When the stun from opener was 3,5 secs giving full resolve bar, Bioware's "brains" nerfed these trees because of some Youtube videos of Operatives with full Battlemaster gear during the period in wich adrenals where buged and could stack. The official reason was: "Teams of stunlocking Operatives bla bla bla" (3,5 seconds stunlock!).

Now people can be stunned for 8 seconds (with a perfect combination of bubbles can be 12 seconds) while a Marauder or a PT can do more damage that Operatives did with adrenal bug. And they can do it on people with full Expertise!

Now go figure Bioware's logic .... because I can't :D :D :D

Edited by Fearine

When the stun from opener was 3,5 secs giving full resolve bar, Bioware's "brains" nerfed these trees because of some Youtube videos of Operatives with full Battlemaster gear during the period in wich adrenals where buged and could stack. The official reason was: "Teams of stunlocking Operatives bla bla bla" (3,5 seconds stunlock!).

Now people can be stunned for 8 seconds (with a perfect combination of bubbles can be 12 seconds) while a Marauder or a PT can do more damage that Operatives did with adrenal bug. And they can do it on people with full Expertise!

lol true, they do listen to QQ a bit too much

Great video! I've been doing something like this on my Operative teamed up with my son's Assassin. It really is fun. Sometimes I almost feel guilty...almost! ;)

I bet it is scarier for the victim with all those shotgun blasts going off, haha.

ya, I think BW is retarded for this. Scoundrels/Operatives from the get go were one of the least played classes, so I never saw a team of stunlocking Operatives LOL. And they enjoyed roughly a month of being the "OP" class before BW nerfed them almost into the ground.

BUT the Smash spec has been at the top for almost a year now with no real nerf in sight. Even 2.0 hasn't really taken much of the smash damage away... Other classes as well have enjoyed long periods of being extremely strong to the point of being OP, and BW takes forever to adjust them...

So honestly BW, ***??

Great video! I've been doing something like this on my Operative teamed up with my son's Assassin. It really is fun. Sometimes I almost feel guilty...almost! ;)

I bet it is scarier for the victim with all those shotgun blasts going off, haha.

you should make a video! id love to see how a sin and operative do

that is also fun. rolling with a tanksin, with a pull. oh noes they are running away, hold up I got this. *pull* stab*

Exactly, lol. He also guards me (which he gets a giant kick out of) and I run a variation of the 10/31/0 off heal spec from Miyke's Scrapper Guide, so we keep each up pretty well.

Darthnish, I doubt I would try to do a video as we are pretty noobish. Just a father/son combo having a good time. ;)

Exactly, lol. He also guards me (which he gets a giant kick out of) and I run a variation of the 10/31/0 off heal spec from Miyke's Scrapper Guide, so we keep each up pretty well.

Darthnish, I doubt I would try to do a video as we are pretty noobish. Just a father/son combo having a good time. ;)

ohey its all about fun really, i could criticize my own video for not having the scrapper money rotation of , shoot first->proble->backblast, at the end of the day as long as its entertaining , nothing else matters imo,

also +1 for being anwesome dad

For me personally tis one of the reasons that i would never roll a dfps op/scoundral.

From what i've seen of them in wz, hiding in the shadows, can only attack squishy or below 50% health chars if solo....

one mistake, e.g. attracking a pyro at 50% health with all defensive cd's and its over probs same with most other classes that are below par on energy but still have all defensive CD's...

its a cowardly class imo usually appealing to people with the same personality traits in their hearts but i may be wrong.

It's the only dps class i have nevertried and have no interest i trying but hey whatever floats your boat.

For me personally tis one of the reasons that i would never roll a dfps op/scoundral.

From what i've seen of them in wz, hiding in the shadows, can only attack squishy or below 50% health chars if solo....

There are a lot of bad Scrappers/Ops that consign themselves to that role. But there are also some of us who try and use the class as it was intended: A straight up 1v1, 1v2, or 2v2 spec. Of course, there are other roles we can play (taxing a healer, guarding a node, taking out snipers/mercs, etc.). In my experience, however, we are at our best in the full-CD, full-HP, off-node engagement.

its a cowardly class imo usually appealing to people with the same personality traits in their hearts but i may be wrong.

The class is a hyper-burst spec designed to go toe-to-toe with any other class in a valorous fight to the death. Stealth just lets us reach our objective without our cowardly victim calling for help. After that first opener, the rest of the fight is a melee and midrange all-out brawl where you need to maximize all of your CDs to win. Again, there are subpar players of any class that make their class look bad. The class itself, at least in this case, is just as courageous or cowardly as you choose to make it.

Now, Madness/Balance: Those are some cowardly specs.

Edited by ktkenshinx

one mistake, e.g. attracking a pyro at 50% health with all defensive cd's and its over probs same with most other classes that are below par on energy but still have all defensive CD's...

It's the only dps class i have nevertried and have no interest i trying but hey whatever floats your boat.

lol nope, scrappers take a lot of planning to be effective, the class is built around, striking first and striking hard, if you fail at that, you;re chances of survival become small.

I play dirty fighting and I don't hide in any shadows :) great video nish!

we hide in the shadows? since when? I'll go toe to toe with pretty much everyone, stealth, no stealth, cd's, no cd's. sometimes you just have to put the fear of you into people.

I've watched people panick and run away when I charged them out of stealth. It really is fun.