Harpoon on boss

I was just wondering even though you can't pull FP bosses to you if you hit them with your pull do you still get the aggro? Or does it have to pull them for you to get the aggro?

I'd take any amount of generated threat over no threat any day. Harpoon the dude between the eyes and storm in. gg

• 3 weeks later...

Dev suggestion: When you harpoon a boss that is harpoon-immune, it should pull YOU to THEM instead.

When I 'poon a mob and nothing happens, I get this visceral reaction and sort of cringe up, waiting to be pulled to them. I don't know why. All that energy has to go somewhere? So can we please change this in the game for my sake. Thank you.

Dev suggestion: When you harpoon a boss that is harpoon-immune, it should pull YOU to THEM instead.

When I 'poon a mob and nothing happens, I get this visceral reaction and sort of cringe up, waiting to be pulled to them. I don't know why. All that energy has to go somewhere? So can we please change this in the game for my sake. Thank you.

Not a bad idea! :ph_good_post:

That's actually a very solid idea when you think about it, let me explain, I'm sure your all thinking it I'm just saying it.

First off we already have HTL so the argument can be made that we are mobile enough when that just isn't the case when fighting boss mechanics, HTL needs to be used to run away from the boss most times but we have no quick way of getting back on target.

Secondly usable only on a boss means that HTL still has alot of use, for KB immunity and running to pick up trash/adds/ect, again used for running away from a boss with no quick way of getting back on target.

Thirdly this won't effect the tanks at all because they still will want to use Storm for those 2 free Explosive Surges.

Lastly the big one, it won't effect PVP one bit and thats a good thing, we are already at a point were we are viable in both dps specs and a psudo tank spec (that's a tad OP), having a Storm as a base ability actually messes with the whole synergy is has with other AC's.

Now lets think about the synergy for a second, is we had storm it would make life easier sure but we are a 1v1 class or a backup to other AC's, giving all Vanguard a leap with a root and interrupt attached would only fill more resolve bars quicker and more frequently and I just don't feel we need Storm or more CC in PVP. This change avoids all of that.

so my vote is Yes for Harpoon on Bosses, No on Harpoon on everything, it would make a very nice quality of life change for DPS Vanguards.