Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Least players in the game, globally maybe. EU? Definitely not. They even admit the new wednesday maintenance might be extended. As soon as it does it cuts into EU prime time.

Globally is all they have to care about right now. The fact that you don't understand this concept makes it obvious that any amount of logic is going to go right over your head.

Somebody is going to get screwed by any time they choose. The best they can do is pick a time when the least people are typically online. And yes, that means globally, at least until they have the resources to split maintenance between the two server types.

You might call it a vocal minority. But don't forget, not everyone wants to visit these forums. I know various people who all agree this is *****, they don't post here however because they don't bother going to forums. But hey, we'll see won't we. The longer this keeps up, the more 'forum shy' folks who're pissed are going to show up and start posting.

They can be pissed all they want, it doesn't change the fact that they are the minority, or that Bioware has done what's in the best interest of the largest portion of the playerbase, since they currently can't please everybody.

They can be pissed all they want, it doesn't change the fact that they are the minority, or that Bioware has done what's in the best interest of the largest portion of the playerbase, since they currently can't please everybody.

Do you even know why people are pissed? Looks like not, so let me tell you:

- BW stubbornly won't acknowledge that current window intrudes on quite busy time. This point isn't about doing anything differently - it's about admiting that black is black and not mildly gray. They've made assumptions about peak hours, since there wasn't even one normal(non-holiday) week since launch, no opportunity to see when people actualy play on normal day.

- BW keeps saying in those maintenance infos about global service as reason why they won't split it between EU/US, while it's obvoius that soon it'll be impossible to provide quality global service without splitting it anyway(australian launch).

Seriously, if they keep maintenance in middle of *********** day for CET I will quit. They are saying **** that they do maintenance in "off-peak time for both North American and European players". It's offpeak for US, not Europe.

I will not accept being treated as second grade customer nor considered a moron for accepting such ********.

Either change it or lose a customer. A customer who WAS very happy about a game and extremely supportive.

Globally is all they have to care about right now. The fact that you don't understand this concept makes it obvious that any amount of logic is going to go right over your head.

Somebody is going to get screwed by any time they choose. The best they can do is pick a time when the least people are typically online. And yes, that means globally, at least until they have the resources to split maintenance between the two server types.

You, Sir are being deliberately dishonest in your arguments.

Fist of all, the two main groups, US and EU account for over 90% of the player base, so having a "global" strategy that ignores where most of their customers are is STUPID.

Second, and this seems to be a major difference between people on this thread, you think that, as long as you are OK, everybody else should be screwed. I, on the contrary, think that the best service should be provided to any group of customers, as long as it is cost-effective. So I am positive that having separate maintenance periods for EU and US is cost effective, the groups being large enough to support it. Also, I'd support aussies having Asia-Pacific servers and their own maintenance times too, if there's enough players to make it possible.

So, you see... there's a fundamental difference between you an I: you are self centered and I care for others. That's the only real issue separating people here and also why we will never agree even to disagree.

All in all, you need to grow up.

And who will pay for the extra hours they put in for that to happen?

The same way how can the major competition manage to offer "localised" downtime schedules.

Why do they do it?

• Because then they are seen as offering the best level of service that they can offer.
  • Because their level of service is then the same for ALL of the major regions.
  • Because the competition does it.

Simple fact is that customers don't like to feel like they are being shafted. And that's precisely what others are feeling.

Either case, then the minor group of people who play in early hours would poke their heads in the forums and complain.

It's funny that you imply that a VERY SMALL amount of people play in the "early hours".

Would you mind telling Bioware that? Because, they seem to think that the lowest population is in the daytime and therefore that's the perfect time to take the servers down.

Edited by Tarka

Downtime isn't in global lowest played hours at all. It's in US lowest activity hours. It's made strictly for US players with absolutely no consideration for european players.

If they are ignoring us we should ignore them in return and stop subscribing.

I don't see an issue with this at all. I mean being American and all we endured the hardships of prime time play time taken from us for patches. Time to take one for the team bloats. Or what ever you brits may bloody hell. Happy new Years anyways.

This is what I did and what you can do.

My account -> cancel my subscription

I am cancelling because: "Other"

Also: "Other"

Your comments: "EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN"

If you want to force a change we need to pull altogether the right string in the right direction.

It's not about the downtime it's about principle service for us the EU player base.

If you do not wish that your concerns will be ignored in future, then please join me now.

#EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN

Edited by muleDArule

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Um... Since when were work hours not off-peak?

This is what I did and what you can do.

My account -> cancel my subscription

I am cancelling because: "Other"

Also: "Other"

Your comments: "EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN"

Don't write 'campaign' be honest tell them how pissed off you are. Putting that it's a campaign gives a false impression of how you really feel, it's like you are just jumping on a bandwagon.

Whether you are cancelling or just using the support form to give your feedback, be passionate but honest.

Too bad there won't be enough players who quit over this to make it matter friend. When do you want them to do it? During prime time US times right?

Hope you're trolling or drunk off your arse, otherwise you're painfully oblivious to the real answer : different maintenance times for eu and us.

Um... Since when was 7pm off peak? Because that is when many people will be locked out until. 8pm in some parts of Russia. Add an extension into the mix and well...you see the issue.

Edited by Mandrax

Hope you're trolling or drunk off your arse, otherwise you're painfully oblivious to the real answer : different maintenance times for eu and us.

I am sorry but it during the time most are working. I know not all but it is most are working 8 to 5 grind in Europe. How is this being intrusive to the European side of things here at SWTOR. Because of a few that want to say something on the forums. Now i understand it effects some people. But really you act like BW is saying while hiding in corner hey guy how you want to screw over the European players today. I go it lets make another 8 hour window of downtime during non peak times to piss them all of at. I think they have better things to do.

Ok i edit one part maybe 7pm gmt is a bit much. Shorten it up some then. There plenty of times when they done that to US players in other games too guys.

Edited by LordTie

I was about to say the same thing to our brothers and sisters in the GMT area. Don't you work during those times?

I am sorry but it during the time most are working. I know not all but it is most are working 8 to 5 grind in Europe. How is this being intrusive to the European side of things here at SWTOR. Because of a few that want to say something on the forums. Now i understand it effects some people. But really you act like BW is saying while hiding in corner hey guy how you want to screw over the European players today. I go it lets make another 8 hour window of downtime during non peak times to piss them all of at. I think they have better things to do.

Ok i edit one part maybe 7pm gmt is a bit much. Shorten it up some then. There plenty of times when they done that to US players in other games too guys.

Frankly, all I can say is congrats on being corporate 9to5 slave drones!

Too bad there are not as many of you as you think... oh, wait maybe you have already noticed it? How else would you be able to do your shopping? Go to your supermarket after work only to find that it closed at 5PM? Go get some new clothes: darn, shop's closed at 5pm! Buy SWTOR in a games store? Oh man, guess what: they closed at 5pm...

Maybe SWTOR should come with a sticker on it: 'You better not be planning on playing during 'working hours' (9-5) as we are going to do maintenance on our systems during those hours'.

So, how hard can it be to switch off the servers region by region? Unless, well, based on the narrow-mindedness showing by some Americans here in this thread, well, apparently either extremely or we can give BW the big 'congrats, you are a huge ME ME ME USA company' award!

Normal people should be at work during that time anyway :o

I keep seeing this argument over and over and it just shows that people are ignorant to GMT time zones.

There isn't just one GMT zone, there are many. There are players who play this game in zones GMT - GMT + 4. This means that at 4pm GMT (the time maintenance is set to finish) it is 8pm in Moscow. These are NOT off-peak hours like you keep stating.

Many EU players actually operate on GMT+2 which means the maintenance is set to finish at 6pm, which is also not off-peak hours. Peak hours start at around 4pm when many people get home from school or work.

Edited by Mandrax