Question for the Star Wars Junkies, Hutts gain power how?

Nijraw

I was thinking, how did Hutts become a force of power?

Do they have some type of mental force ability to attack, I have a hard time seeing them physically fighting to gain respect and power like other species, and please don't say they have money because this still goes back to how did they gain that money without a means of working for it, fighting or other wise, after all they would of needed a way to defend themselves from predators to even gain power, how if they are pretty much handicapped ?

Excellent question

1)Hutts have the undying loyalty of many species, such as the Klatooinians, thanks to deals with their leadership. They provide the muscle

2)The Hutt you see in modern SW are what is left of an Empire that was made using conventionnal military power.

Read this history section here. :cool:

Interesting, I read here that there where Force using Hutts, and they where at one point worshiped as Gods years ago on there home World , they also tamed beast to also do there bidding, now this is starting to make sense, my guess is they used force powers and beast mastery to gain power.

Bioware I want to fight a Force using Hutt beast master as a boss in this upcoming Expac : ) that would be crazy.

Edited by Nijraw

Interesting, I read here that there where Force using Hutts, and they where at one point worshiped as Gods years ago on there home World , they also tamed beast to also do there bidding, now this is starting to make sense, my guess is they used force powers and beast mastery to gain power.

Bioware I want to fight a Force using Hutt beast master as a boss in this upcoming Expac : ) that would be crazy.

Theres actually a picture in one of my Star Wars d20 sourcebooks of a deveronian (the devil looking guys) Jedi fighting a Hutt sith.

Let me see if I can google it...

Blah, google has failed me. Oh well.

EDIT: Found it! http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/1/17/DarkJediHutt.JPG

( I was mistaken, it's a zabrak he's fighting)

Edited by ArawnNox

I've always been quite intrigued by the Hutt Empire, the history of Zim the Despot and his war against the emerging Hutt Empire always conjures images of grandeur and really do give the Star Wars galaxy some awesome backstory.

Hopefully, the new Hutt Empire and the expansion will feature some very large space battles, to really show that not everything in Star Wars is solved by a blaster and a lightsaber.

This has been an interesting thread. I must admit I had never bothered to learn much about Hutt lore, but it has been a fascinating read.

Although I was sad to see that Jabba crushed his nephew. Po po little Huttlet.

Seems to me a pretty rational explanation for the rise of Hutt power. They were gifted with a huge range of defense mechanisms, powerful bodies, very long lives, and especially force resistance. Over time, I could see that having a tremendous benefit.

The Hutts have always been a power house. When the Republic was first forming the Hutts were one of their primary nemesis. And Hutts, despite common opinion, can be quite swift and powerful when they need to be. Especially the younger ones.

They are the third most powerful faction, along with the Republic and Sith Empire. Sadly, by the looks of the new expansion, they try to take on both factions at once. And boy, are they gonna suffer for that.

T

They are the third most powerful faction, along with the Republic and Sith Empire. Sadly, by the looks of the new expansion, they try to take on both factions at once. And boy, are they gonna suffer for that.

GOOD.

Make them suffer.

I really dont like hutt's.