Exp is great but man,...I'm losing focus,..

WelbyWars

So I am still on Chapter 1 of my story quest leaving Alderan and I am already level 57. Sweet.

But Now my log is filled with all kinds of operations and flashpoint stuff and Oricon -something or Bounties.. I don't know anything about,..lol.

I did the group finder thing,.but only could select vet or master. Is there no 'normal' ? I felt like a tool joining one and just plodding along at a sprint trying to keep up. Some Vet I am! Luckily they were nice in that they didn't yell at me.

Should I just ignore all the flashy Mission icons in Fleet as I run through until I finish my story quests?

You have total control over how you progress in the game. if you want to turn off the double-exp boost, you can. There is a gree NPC on the Fleet., i think in the PvP lower section.

If you want to stay within the level range of your class quests then you should ignore all other quests

If you feel that things are to easy then do your quests without a companion (you'll probably soon realize that your comp is much needed).

I did a new toon yesterday on Tython ( had exp boost) and after only doing the class quest, I was level 14 at the end. levle cap for tython is 12. This has always been the case. However, by the time you get the two world quest, at the same time, you will be under-leveled (around the time you hit Alderaan).

This game is not a grind based game, where you kill mobs for exp to level up ( those games are usually pay to win anyways). When you hit level 70, you will be wishing you are as powerful as you feel now.

Edited by Yezzan

You can go into your quest log and uncheck most of those missions, so they won't show up in the mission tracker. It's what I do with all of the breadcrumb quests for the expansions, when I get to that point on a new character.

Great idea! I think I am trained in other MMO's to grab everything I see,..but turning them off does the trick. I just hope I remember what they were when I get to them,.hehe... and what order, if any, I should hit them up.

You have total control over how you progress in the game. if you want to turn off the double-exp boost, you can. There is a gree NPC on the Fleet., i think in the PvP lower section. ...If you feel that things are to easy then do your quests without a companion (you'll probably soon realize that your comp is much needed)..

I have absolutely no issue with difficulty or ease. My OP was about just being inundated with stuff I normally shouldn't of so early in the progression due to the exp boost. Since it apparently goes by level and not Story progression to some degree. Not game breaking,..just alittle confusing.

My question still stands though. Should I ignore OPs/FP until I hit level 70. I heard you do not get cxp until level 70, so any ops/fp I do before then would be a waste, no??

How long will the boost last? heh,..I may hit 70 quick anyways and this will be moot.

Thanks!

Edited by WelbyWars

My question still stands though. Should I ignore OPs/FP until I hit level 70. I heard you do not get cxp until level 70, so any ops/fp I do before then would be a waste, no??

How long will the boost last? heh,..I may hit 70 quick anyways and this will be moot.

Thanks!

You will still get xp for doing flashpoints or operations before 70, so no, they won't be a waste. And they are repeatable, so if you do them before 70, you can do them again after.

The "boost" (double xp event) will last till May 15th.

Thanks!

If you are following the story progression, your level is not relevant. Moreover, quests do not magically show up in your quest log; you have to select quests either by interacting with a NPC or a quest terminal. The quests show up because you have reached the level to unlock them, and they are side quests, which means you can do then whenever you want.

The main purpose of doing OPS and FPs at low levels is to level up faster. So, there is no reason for you to be doing those activities at this time. However, there are some FPs that should occur between your main story quests. For example, after you complete your start planet main story quest chain, you should do the Black Talon/Esseles before proceeding to Coruscant/Drummong Kaas.

The "boost" (double xp event) will last till May 15th.

thanks!

If you are following the story progression, your level is not relevant. Moreover, quests do not magically show up in your quest log; you have to select quests either by interacting with a NPC or a quest terminal. The quests show up because you have reached the level to unlock them, and they are side quests, which means you can do then whenever you want.

Ya,..as I mentioned earlier I grabbed what showed up not realizing it was a level thing, which this exp boost is skewing in reality. Some of them on fleet were purple which confused me too. I also discovered the low cap of max 25 missions in your log last night :p

The main purpose of doing OPS and FPs at low levels is to level up faster. So, there is no reason for you to be doing those activities at this time. .

Perfect answer! Also Cxp,.( not regular xp) only starts accruing at level 70,..so even more incentive to wait, eh.