Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

CourtneyWoods

In anticipation of the 1st Anniversary for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ on December 20th, we’ve gifted all members of our community with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST, 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Thank you for your support this year!

Send Us Your 1st Anniversary In-Game Celebration Screenshots!

Between now and January 2, 11:59PM CST, send us screenshots of your best 1st Anniversary celebration moments for a chance to be featured on The Old Republic™ official website and Facebook page.

Read More

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Impressive is that you get some fireworks as a thank you and then have to purchase any life day stuff from the cartel shop.

While I doubt many people care for the junk avaiable but its a sad way to look how the game is going. Far more is being invested into the the cartel shop than for subscribing players.

I think you forgot about your own anniversary, but thanx for the last minute worthless fireworks.

I agree with the above.

I have to admit this is pretty pathetic for such a big game, even the snide free to play games provide holiday events but you expect people to buy life day items are you guys insane? what were the team in charge of this thinking hahaha did someone put the grinch in charge:rak_02:

So much hate... leave if this game is not to your liking? This thread is not for your rants so leave it for the celebrations. I am going to see if me and my guild can do something fun and take some nice photos.

I think that, if there were any celebrating going on, people would be posting about it. By all means, let them post - if you can find them.

In an effort to contain my negativity since I really am a fan of this game and loved the experience on all my alts, all I will say is this is a huge wasted opportunity on BioWare's part. I'm kind of speechless about the direction this game is going in. Stop the ride, I want off.

I'm starting to feel bad for this game now. When you see subscribers who have been loyal and bit their tongue throughout each debacle and even defended the devs for weird design choices now cancelling, you know something is just not right.

It's clear this community is bad, but it's a two-way street. And BioWare is absolutely responsible for repeatedly exacerbating an already sour community. This latest Life Day stuff may be the last straw for a lot of folks.

I'm starting to feel bad for this game now. When you see subscribers who have been loyal and bit their tongue throughout each debacle and even defended the devs for weird design choices now cancelling, you know something is just not right.

It's clear this community is bad, but it's a two-way street. And BioWare is absolutely responsible for repeatedly exacerbating an already sour community. This latest Life Day stuff may be the last straw for a lot of folks.

This. So much this.

I really want to celebrate and had plan to do so with my sister, but the fireworks are pitiful, sadly SWG had much better fireworks then these one. Has anyone tried to buy the one on the Cartel Market, maybe there better I wouldn’t be surprised if they were. After all they couldn’t even give us a simple event to celebrate Life Day or even the One Year Anniversary of the game.

Anyways I’m having a hard time celebrating when everything but those lame fireworks have to be bought. I still do love the game, but I’m losing hope and fear where it’s heading. Please don’t say you can buy them off the GTN, that doesn’t change the fact we should get free gift/celebrations like all the other major MMO on the market.

I don’t mind the Cartel Market having thing to buy, I actual like the Cartel Packs but putting all the holiday fun on the Cartel Market sort of kills the holiday fun. At least that how I feel. :(

What celebration? You provided no event....

Hmmm ... MMO ... lots of players ... guilds ... role-players ... I wonder what we should do?

Oh wait!!! Player-generated events!!! Why has no one else on the face of the planet in all the history of mankind never ever thought of this idea before!!! Player-made events - it's pure genius!!!!

BJ

I for one am excited!! Thank you for my fireworks and thank you for a holiday we can celebrate. I missed having holidays like I did from the other game I played..

And for the ones having trouble comprehending what the holiday is about:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Day

and

Edited by Sparklefish

Dear Bioware,

I'm afraid you are following a path I cannot follow.

At the moment I dont feel like celebrating, since you have already confirmed that this game is going on a dark F2P path, where the store doesnt sell mererly fluff items. I frawned when I first saw lvl 50 crystals on it, I frawned when I saw that the cosmetic (read customisable outfits) gear had mods and lvl restrictions on it, and now I'm feeling like throwing the towel after seeing the grade 7 ship items sold there.

I dont feel I get my money's worth for my sub. You offer extra character slots to prefered players, yet you intend to make us fork over 4 slots money worth for having 16 character on the same server - something most of us didnt plan in the first place - was all due to the merges. Then you say we (subs) can have more then 50 characters across servers.

You dont have enough servers for us to make more then 50 even if we were crazzy enough for that. Thats a hand full of nothing. Even if I, as european, made 12 chars on the english PVE, PVP and RP server, would still be 36!

You never came up with better maintenance times, you dont fix unify colors for companions that you introduced on 1.5, cinematics are again sufering from coat/cloaks bugs, my battlemaster coat butt will never be fixed...I could go on but summing it, I dont feel like celebrating!

I will continue to hate F2P, including the fact that i now have to group with ppl that dont even have sprint for alt low lvl flashpoints, and this isnt a celebration. If i want to celebrate i can take part on either lotro winter festival, or everquest 2 feelfrost one, where i can get all sorts of items for my chars or their houses. This is just lame.

I suport you most of the time, but since yesterday I feel very disapointed - and I bet none of your team will bother to read this and voice our concerns to those in-charge. Please change direction, or else we might.

Um what celebration? Its a cash shop event.

Yup. :(

I've cancelled my 6 month sub over it, been subscriber since pre-release (12 months today), but once this sub runs out I'll either go pure F2P or just quit and move on to another MMORPG where I don't feel like I'm constantly being nickle and dimed by the comanpy running it.

Not much of a 1 year aniversary for me, at least.

Bioware. I see no celebration.

You get a lousy fireworks emote and some utterly stupid "life day" Christmas tree light clothes/items. Tell me, why is it that Guild Wars has done Halloween and Christmas EVENTS....yes EVENTS...every single year with all kinds of things, yet all you can think of is fireworks and ugly pointless garbage you have to use cartel coins for, that frankly, aren't worth buying or having. Ever. Is this seriously the best you could come up with?

No, this isn't "whining". I pay for this game, yet I got better event's/celebrations from a FTP game like Guild Wars for YEARS. Yes, that game was FTP....and yours charges. Do you see the problem here? I do.

Epic fail Bioware. Epic fail.

Right this has annoyed me so much, after 12 years of playing mmos I have never been so incensed as to write post on a forum. I need to vent, what the hell bioware seriously what are you guys doing to this game? I have supported and subscribed since launch but WHAT the hell! Purchasable ljfe day crap serously a super expensive mount with fairy lights on are you kidding, spend some time on developing a event the community can be part of instead of placing reskinned rubbish on the cartel market, oh and the fire works are a joke you should have just not bothered you guys have missed the mark big time.:mad: