Ashara Zavros dark side?

CelticColin

Soo.. she is sooo goodie goodie...

I am not seeing any conversation options to convert her to the darkside

shes hating my ds choices.. shes all kinds of sad and emo

bioware... let us turn this young padawan to the darkside!

If you want a REAL Dark Side Romance, you need to go sith warrior and turn Jaesa dark.

It's almost sadistic at how much she loves the Dark Side

No idea why the Sith Inquisitor got stuck with Ms Fairy Princess

Edited by Liberate

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more. It's disappointing how badly they missed the mark on this one. I could understand it taking a while to turn her, through a slow drip of manipulation. But, from what I've read, you can't turn her to the dark side and the most you can hope for is to be her boyfriend....yay.

Above all classes the SI should be about turning others to the Dark Side. But, this goes along with Bioware's (silly) notion of "light side" Sith. I know that's for another thread, but it's relevant here because they need a "good" companion for those players. You should at least be able to take her either way, light or dark, based on how you interact with her. Oh well.

I'm curious, is she happy with anyone else when they are being evil and killing people. I notice I on Belsavis I get a ton of rep with her for mostly evil stuff. I'm just curious if that's a product of my having gotten her rep up to the 5-6000 range, or if she's just always like that. I seem to recall her throwing hissy fits with most of my evilish decisions on taris.

I'm curious, is she happy with anyone else when they are being evil and killing people. I notice I on Belsavis I get a ton of rep with her for mostly evil stuff. I'm just curious if that's a product of my having gotten her rep up to the 5-6000 range, or if she's just always like that. I seem to recall her throwing hissy fits with most of my evilish decisions on taris.

Ashara is conflicted. She doesn't want to admit that she finds the Jedi Order lacking, so she tends to get defensive when you point out the flaws of the Jedi. I tend to describe her as ambiguously fallen.

It's never really clear whether or not she actually falls to the dark side completely. I've had +affection by pointing out that she's not really a Jedi anyway and for doing some fairly dark things, so long as those dialog choices are rational you will gain with her.

I do agree that parts of the SW story are what I was hoping to have for the SI (namely Jaesa and some of the more political stuff).

The SI so far (only finished Act I and nearly finished II) is Indiana Jones combined with Egon from the Ghost Busters. There's not a bit of Palpatine or Maul in his story for the first two acts.

Edited by Heimskringla

She isn't pure light side at all. After you leave Taris, quests will start having affection bonuses for her. Interesting stuff:

- She sometimes approves of you murdering someone (darkside choice), especially if they're simply in your way and not Jedi.

- She most often approves of practical answers and disapproves of needlessly argumentative answers. This almost never affects alignment.

- She actually accepts and likes criticism of the Jedi if it involves bolstering HER. For example in a conversation you can say that the Jedi underestimated her and that is their mistake, and she will greatly approve of this.

Basically she has all the hallmarks of being ready to be turned. The option simply doesn't exist yet. I suspect Ashara and our last companion were somewhat hastily implemented, compared to other companions anyway...further evidence is the drastic shortage of customizations for those two, all others (except the droid of course) have far more customization options.

Assuming BW keeps updating content as they should, I expect that sooner or later we'll see the option to turn her. She's completely ready for it with the right manipulation. She harbors resentment toward the Jedi for writing her off (think Anakin) and sometimes sees the wisdom of Sith brutality, she just needs that push...

The way I perceive her is as an immature young woman that still thinks shes a Jedi while giving in to her passionate side and blaming others for it.

I do manipulate her, by chosing conversation options I do not necessarily beleive in to get her approval up and turn her slowly to me. I know shes not a Jedi but I would never tell her that to her face, I try to blurr her perception between the Light and Dark to make the Dark side appear perfectly rational. To the extent I am a loyal servant of the Empire and am not pointlessly destructive, she tends to agree with me.

Seriously, whats better than a loyal apprentice that still tries to please me instead of a sith that will try to eventually murder me...

I think shes just fine the way she is.

Soo.. she is sooo goodie goodie...

I am not seeing any conversation options to convert her to the darkside

shes hating my ds choices.. shes all kinds of sad and emo

bioware... let us turn this young padawan to the darkside!

Yeah I was really hoping to be able to turn her, but kept getting stonewalled at every turn (and now I'm at 10,000 affection and still got nothing).

What's more is that she is a real mystery with her approval/disapproval, on the one hand she hates it that I fried a politician, and on the other she loved it that I slaughtered trapped/wounded Republic soldiers......

I just don't know, maybe there is a bug that kept her from going one way or the other.......or at least I can hope that Bioware didn't leave us out to dry with her....

Edited by Sivar

There is a topic here about it. I just find it shocking that the class that is meant to be a master manipulator cannot turn a naive/prideful jedi to the dark side its rather silly imo.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=10124&page=6

Theres multiple topics about the subject, I wish Bioware does something about this issue at some point, inquisitor being the most common class to my knowledge after all..

If you have played through Ashara's companion affection quests/dialogue all the way up to 10k you will have noticed a progression. She has grown more disenchanted and more doubtful about the Jedi. Bioware is setting her up for a "fall" so to speak in future expansions. While I do not think she will condone the killing of innocents in the future, I do believe she will stop referring to herself as a "Jedi". Imho I believe Ashara starts to say the word "Jedi" with a twang of disdain towards the very end.

If you look closely there are alot of parallels between Anakin and Ashara. Both of them were highly skilled and the Jedi held them back thus creating the disenchantment. Both Sidious and your Sith have gradually befriended them and "Played" them so they begin to even further doubt the Jedi. Ashara is by far the most interesting companion story we have as an inquisitor.

As Inquisitors, our role isn't to be some conquering hammer of conversion it is to be a master manipulator, Palpatine was a master of politics and manipulation. He didn't turn Anakin by reveling himself to be a Sith Lord who started a war just to become Emperor, he turned Anakin by sweet talking him. By convincing Anakin that the way of the Sith was the only methods in which he would achieve his goals and save the ones he loved.

In executive summary, Anakin had long since stopped "following the Jedi code" before he officially became a Sith.

• 2 weeks later...

She is NOT Light side regardless of what ppl say. With little encouragement she killed assassin who made an attempt at her life, she follows you around, he became your sith apprentice, she kills jedi, she feels emotions, passion, hate, friendship etc.

She is at most Grey withs way towards dark.

Edited by Mazari

• 1 month later...
If you have played through Ashara's companion affection quests/dialogue all the way up to 10k you will have noticed a progression. She has grown more disenchanted and more doubtful about the Jedi. Bioware is setting her up for a "fall" so to speak in future expansions. While I do not think she will condone the killing of innocents in the future, I do believe she will stop referring to herself as a "Jedi". Imho I believe Ashara starts to say the word "Jedi" with a twang of disdain towards the very end.

If you look closely there are alot of parallels between Anakin and Ashara. Both of them were highly skilled and the Jedi held them back thus creating the disenchantment. Both Sidious and your Sith have gradually befriended them and "Played" them so they begin to even further doubt the Jedi. Ashara is by far the most interesting companion story we have as an inquisitor.

As Inquisitors, our role isn't to be some conquering hammer of conversion it is to be a master manipulator, Palpatine was a master of politics and manipulation. He didn't turn Anakin by reveling himself to be a Sith Lord who started a war just to become Emperor, he turned Anakin by sweet talking him. By convincing Anakin that the way of the Sith was the only methods in which he would achieve his goals and save the ones he loved.

In executive summary, Anakin had long since stopped "following the Jedi code" before he officially became a Sith.

I really hope that this is what BW plans in future content, if we don't get the option to turn her, I know a lot of us will be very disappointed.

:*(

• 2 years later...

To be honest , Ashara would've fit SW more . Why ? It's simple , just need to think at 'Clone Wars' , would make perfect sense . While Jaesa should've been SI's 3rd companion , would fit SI's way more . After having some conversation's with Jaesa , she likes 'cultural , history and manipulating Ppl' , everything the SI does , lol . I don't know why they made it this way , doesn't make any sense to me .

And SW's can't turn 'Jaesa to the Dark side' , she's 'grey' when you first meet her , she never feelt like a Jedi nor Sith . You only decide which path she goes , depending on your conversation . +I can't think of a 'Goodie , Goodie' SI , because that would make non sense at all (Yes , some ppl should be spared , if it's helping the Empire , but c'mon , 80% of the 'badies' in SI story deserve to die .)So yea , Ashara should at least had an option to turn her DS/LS .

^ Minor Spoilers . It's nothing 'detailed' , but rather 'safe' than 'sorry' .

Edited by ahzecklawd

• 2 months later...
I really hope that this is what BW plans in future content, if we don't get the option to turn her, I know a lot of us will be very disappointed.

:*(

Most definitely. I know I'll be quite p/o'd if we don't get to turn her. I just got 90+ affection for soul stealing on a Voss, and back on Taris she acted like should could care less that I sealed those refugees in the hanger to die, she even looked like she wished she could've pushed the button. This girl is wicked with a sweet n sour candy shell. Shocking those techies that stole from me on Nar Saddaa, I swear she had a smirk on her face.