Making new mat as a rewards for doing solo ranked is another horrible mistake

bladech

While team ranked died and requires new incentive for player's to play it, devs put a new mat to SOLO RANKED which is far from dead and already full of mat farmers who has no idea how to damage,heal, swap guard etc. Sometimes i think that the main sponsor of swtor is facepalm because every time i check new changes facepalm is all i do.

Remove mats from solo ranked and put mats in team ranked. IS this so difficult for you?? :confused:

While team ranked died and requires new incentive for player's to play it, devs put a new mat to SOLO RANKED which is far from dead and already full of mat farmers who has no idea how to damage,heal, swap guard etc. Sometimes i think that the main sponsor of swtor is facepalm because every time i check new changes facepalm is all i do.

Remove mats from solo ranked and put mats in team ranked. IS this so difficult for you?? :confused:

Yeah, I feel like they got this backwards. The regular MDC crystals should be solos, and the Monumental DC's should be granked. My opinion ofc.

But at least it's pre-season. Wins/Losses don't matter right now.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever!

First you complained about class balances and destroyed them. Hatred, Power tech didn't designed that way and doesn't feel the same.

Fast-forward ing to today because I can write entire thread that how pvp damaged this game.(mostly developer's fault because even in 2019 we don't have the different pvp - pve output. Dead game is dead)

Everybody complained about mat farmers in group ranked and when they are gone, so does group ranked. And now you are complaining about putting another mat to the group ranked because is dead. :eek:

Like I said in the beginning, cry and cringe is real.

Everybody complained about mat farmers in group ranked and when they are gone, so does group ranked. And now you are complaining about putting another mat to the group ranked because is dead. :eek:

This complaint isn't totally unreasonable. If it was team ranked, I would be OK with this because we all agree that even if we fail we won't be angry, just grab our crystal and go home happy. If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.

I honestly don't think BW thought too far ahead when deciding to do this. With putting the rewards to SR and Vet Queen they showed their lack of foresight.

First off, with the Queen, they put the mats behind a veteran operations boss on a planet where players are absolutely used to being carried with the world bosses. Most don't understand that it is difficult to pug a veteran boss, especially when it's brand new.

In one 16 man group, people were asking why we didn't just get more people not understanding that ops are only 8 or 16 man. In another, the op leader was asking in ops general chat for certain roles not understanding that ops general chat is only for that operation and not for Ossus as a whole.

How this ties into SR is simple. The players that get frustrated with trying to do the Vet Queen take the second route of going into ranked. Like veteran operations, most aren't ready for it and have no idea what they are doing. There is now a high quantity of players but with very low skill caps and it's bringing down the quality of the matches.

The only good thing I can say is the BW did it in the off season where it doesn't really matter.

I bet they figured if mat farmers are in solo ranked, that means people solo queing have a better chance of getting decent ELO because there will be easy mat farmers to kill in the solo ranked matches.

As others pointed out, the problem is all it takes is one mat farmer on your team and your chances of winning have just been nullified, unless the other team has one mat farmer or more. This would only lead to a ton of frustration for solo queued PVPers.

At least in team ranked, mat farmers are forced to consolidate themselves on one team, so there's no surprise with who you got on your team and/or what they are doing in team ranked. Also, the benefit is PVP teams can raise their elo when facing mat farmers, allowing them some form of success until they begin facing teams better than themselves.

TL;DR

BW: You should make mat farming only available in the team ranked format, where entire teams are constructed as a mat-farming team or a competitive PVP team. No mixed teams of random mat farmers with random competitive PVPers will avoid a ton of frustration.

I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever

PVE players that cry make me cringe when they cry about how other types of players hurt their precious PVE game.

Let's be honest here, all facets of this game have vocal passionate people who want the parts they play most to be improved upon. It's up to the devs to make proper changes that do not hurt other facets of the game when other facets are adjusted.

No one group or type of player "cries" more than another. I seen some of the most cutthroat competitive players on Everquest regarding PVE raiding. Those players make PVPers here look like creampuffs. SO get over yourself, as a PVE player "your" type of player are just as bad as PVPers.

I really can't believe the pvp community in this game. Cry and the cringe is forever!

First you complained about class balances and destroyed them. Hatred, Power tech didn't designed that way and doesn't feel the same.

Fast-forward ing to today because I can write entire thread that how pvp damaged this game.(mostly developer's fault because even in 2019 we don't have the different pvp - pve output. Dead game is dead)

you totally mistaken here. It's only PVE and solo players who complained about mats in tr. NOT PVP players because pvp players were only happy to have active pops against mat farmers. there was NO LOGIC for pvp players to complain about active pops lol. but of course many pve and solo players were unhappy with being forced to play team ranked for mats. So yeah it's actually pve player's fault.

Now pve/solo players queueing solo ranked for a new crystal ruining it with their low skill and lack of any will to win...

now it is WORST than ever lol.

Edited by bladech

If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.

I really appreciate this attitude, and normally I would endorse your decision completely. But it's preseason right now, which is the perfect time to do ranked with no consequences, because there is no rating at stake. Some people may still get angry with you if you're really bad, but you can safely ignore those people.

It is true that the quality of solo ranked games in preseason with all of these new people queuing has dropped significantly. I can only hope that most people are getting the crystals they need this week and next week, then they will stop. We'll see.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.

And, this is why i'll probably never be able to get the Resourceful Renegade armor set, unless PvPer are able and willing to sell them or it becomes available via CM at some point.

I hate PvP, and if i go there only for 1 outfit i like, i'll just be there with no interest in winning or loosing and no desire to spend time improving my skills, so it'll all just be annoying for everyone involved in the end :(

And a game is made to heve fun, i'll not ruin my fun, or other poeple's just for 1 cosmetic outfit, that appeared in the collection alongside several other outfit i did not like that were all directly available via CM...

Edited by Goreshaga

omg. today i had many fights with players who just died in seconds without knowing anything about their specs,abilities etc... when i asked them why they queue solo ranked instead of regs, team ranked, flashpoints they said "i need a blue crystal" or linked the quest with this cursed crystal. :mad::mad:

It seems like devs have no idea how ranked is working and what is needed to be done to make it better. It seems like they aren't playing this game at all because only a person who never played ranked could put a thing which is required for everyone as a reward for a solo ranked quest.

Rip solo ranked 2k19

Edited by bladech

Wait, there's mat farmers willing to play up to 50 matches a week for a crystal? I find that a bit hard to believe given where we are in the content cycle right now.

Queue, pop, /stuck, match over, queue pop, /stuck, match over... etc.

This is part of the complaint and I’ve seen plenty of it over the years for different things.

Sure 50 is now more than 20. But Arena is pretty fast if you lose instantly

i que rank today and to be honest i and have probably 50-50 win and lose and now im close to 42/50 solo rank point and intent to finish it to get the mats and one thing i put on my mind is dont put too much stress on it and you will enjoy it more

Our team sometimes get globalled and we lost the match , and even i want to put a piece of my mind to this guy but i refrain to do so and just enjoy the game

and solo que pop quite fast in SS so i dont think it is a bad thing , sure it is a lottery who you group with but its better than waiting 1 hour without pop

i que rank today and to be honest i and have probably 50-50 win and lose and now im close to 42/50 solo rank point and intent to finish it to get the mats and one thing i put on my mind is dont put too much stress on it and you will enjoy it more

Our team sometimes get globalled and we lost the match , and even i want to put a piece of my mind to this guy but i refrain to do so and just enjoy the game

and solo que pop quite fast in SS so i dont think it is a bad thing , sure it is a lottery who you group with but its better than waiting 1 hour without pop

Especially as it’s preseason. I think it will be different and we’ll hear a lot more complaining once the season starts.

What we should be doing is promoting - encouraging the farmers to do it in preseason.

If you swap the rewards around the farmers will do group instead of solo. They'll chase whatever they want however it is rewarded.

However if they are so bad at Solo ranked, why are you not farming them for easy gearing up?

It is easy to say like this during pre season. When season will start skilled players will loose all elo thanks to army of mat farmers and then i doubt you will be so calm :/

Rip solo ranked 2k19

It's preseason

Queue, pop, /stuck, match over, queue pop, /stuck, match over... etc.

This is part of the complaint and I’ve seen plenty of it over the years for different things.

Sure 50 is now more than 20. But Arena is pretty fast if you lose instantly

I got a crystal on 5 toons this week on sf doing solos, and I didn't see anyone doing that. Even the really bad players were trying, because a win is worth 5 losses. Also, no matter how bad you are, there might be someone just as bad on the other team, so you might end up getting some wins. The only exception to that is bad tanks/healers which can pretty much doom their team if there are good tanks/healers in queue.

Especially as it’s preseason. I think it will be different and we’ll hear a lot more complaining once the season starts.

What we should be doing is promoting - encouraging the farmers to do it in preseason.

I agree, now is the time to do it.

yeah right. if they wouldnt have added the reward to solo ranked, PVP players would be the first to complain why they gotta do PVE content to get their gear.

if they add it to team ranked, im sure there will be people crying about how they dont have the time to find a guild or group doing them or dont play group content at all and want a way to gear for solo pvp. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

not to forgett the dedicated "solo story players" complaining in another thread about how they cant get the crystal at all. because they need it for......you know, reasons.

whats next? someone posting a complaint about why the ****** 258 weapons dont come with the mail on character creation because he just does RP but want the fancy looking weapons anyway?!

but i´m sure we then would find a special snowflake again replying to that how stuffed his inventory is when creating a new character and that they please should remove the weapons from the mail again.

jesus.....this community....

you totally mistaken here. It's only PVE and solo players who complained about mats in tr. NOT PVP players because pvp players were only happy to have active pops against mat farmers. there was NO LOGIC for pvp players to complain about active pops lol. but of course many pve and solo players were unhappy with being forced to play team ranked for mats. So yeah it's actually pve player's fault.

Now pve/solo players queueing solo ranked for a new crystal ruining it with their low skill and lack of any will to win...

now it is WORST than ever lol.

This is correct. No real skilled PvP player would moan about high level mats being added to the style of gameplay they love. As a solo player who insists on playing target-for-instant-death lightning spec I have no business in solo ranked (or any ranked). I should stick to unranked warzones and my usual solo stuff. However, putting a shiny crystal behind solo ranked made we want to take a look but it was awful - I have no clue how to stay alive and my damage output is terrible. I was deterred but:

Then farm like there’s no tomorrow
this post and this thread makes me want to go back into solo ranked to mat farm which is pretty bad of me :rolleyes:

This is correct. No real skilled PvP player would moan about high level mats being added to the style of gameplay they love. As a solo player who insists on playing target-for-instant-death lightning spec I have no business in solo ranked (or any ranked). I should stick to unranked warzones and my usual solo stuff. However, putting a shiny crystal behind solo ranked made we want to take a look but it was awful - I have no clue how to stay alive and my damage output is terrible. I was deterred but: this post and this thread makes me want to go back into solo ranked to mat farm which is pretty bad of me :rolleyes:

Finally, the voice of reason!

yeah right. if they wouldnt have added the reward to solo ranked, PVP players would be the first to complain why they gotta do PVE content to get their gear.

if they add it to team ranked, im sure there will be people crying about how they dont have the time to find a guild or group doing them or dont play group content at all and want a way to gear for solo pvp. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

not to forgett the dedicated "solo story players" complaining in another thread about how they cant get the crystal at all. because they need it for......you know, reasons.

whats next? someone posting a complaint about why the ****** 258 weapons dont come with the mail on character creation because he just does RP but want the fancy looking weapons anyway?!

but i´m sure we then would find a special snowflake again replying to that how stuffed his inventory is when creating a new character and that they please should remove the weapons from the mail again.

jesus.....this community....

This guy gets it. Seriously, I totally agree with you.

As a solo player who insists on playing target-for-instant-death lightning spec I have no business in solo ranked (or any ranked). I should stick to unranked warzones and my usual solo stuff. However, putting a shiny crystal behind solo ranked made we want to take a look but it was awful - I have no clue how to stay alive and my damage output is terrible. I was deterred but: this post and this thread makes me want to go back into solo ranked to mat farm which is pretty bad of me :rolleyes:

Lightning sorc is not necessarily an easy spec to play in solos, but it's doable. Lightning has more survivability than madness, and sorc dps in general is in a better place than powertechs and juggs (though not much else).