Need advise on how to oppose Imperial agents

chorcen

Hello there,

I am in confusion right now. I got to the point where I simply can't understand how to fight Imperial agents.

I play commando field medic (lvl 43 now), almost any imperial agent over lvl 30 simply slaughters me in 3-4 seconds from full health to 0.

Question: what can I do about it?

Things tried:

Got best gear I could, wearing PVP armor right now, latest mods for my lvl.

Tried to slow them down or stun, doesn't work, somehow they immune to those effects.

How many stun brakes agent have? I've noticed that if I lucky to stun one they quite easily brake 2 of my stuns one after another and I get stunned and slowed down instantly.

Also how can I damage them badly? I get hit for 2000-2500 per hit and my gun hits them 150-200 per bullet (around 800 per burst).

I will greately appreciate your advice.

I'm sorry to tell you but commandos are mostly free kills if they open on you. This game really isn't balanced against 1v1 and their role in group pvp is to kill people like you and me.If the IO does not open you will win easily. So my advice is to keep those stealth sensors active and make sure your tank is on the ball.

Even when IO's were OP, a good tank still negated most of their damage with taunts and challenges. The moment you stop thinking in terms of 1v1's and more like 4v4's, you'll become a much better player.

On a side note: My scoundrel is lvl 41 and I destroy any class I open on. It's their role in group pvp. Again the game isn't balanced for 1v1 and don't feel bad about losing to them for doing there job.

Edited by Orangerascal

That's an age old question my good friend. You have a few things you can do to help out a bit. First of all try to remember to keep a shield up at all times. If you don't have a shield hang out with a tank in wz's and be vocal about having him keep guard on you. I play as a scoundrel on the pub side and when I'm looking for a victim to open on I never touch anyone with guard its a waste of time. If you can't do either of those just try to stay inconspicuos and keep your back to a wall when you think agents could be around. Oh and if you can when you see an agent running around out of stealth make sure you dot him so he can't disappear on you, you might not be able to finish him personally but I'm sure someone will take care of him. Other than that you won't be able to do much until you hit lvl 50 and get full champion gear.

I'm sorry to tell you but commandos are mostly free kills if they open on you. This game really isn't balanced against 1v1 and their role in group pvp is to kill people like you and me.If the IO does not open you will win easily. So my advice is to keep those stealth sensors active and make sure your tank is on the ball.

Even when IO's were OP, a good tank still negated most of their damage with taunts and challenges. The moment you stop thinking in terms of 1v1's and more like 4v4's, you'll become a much better player.

On a side note: My scoundrel is lvl 41 and I destroy any class I open on. It's their role in group pvp. Again the game isn't balanced for 1v1 and don't feel bad about losing to them for doing there job.

it is not their roleto kill any target and its ignorance of the mmorpg gameing system to think so traditionally stealthers are to pressure healers and soft dps and be countered by heavy armored targets i have an op and i enjoy blastyin anything and everything but in the rock paper scissors world we live in ranged>melee>stealth>ranged right now op/smugs kill any target on the board short of a healer 1v1(as intended no 1 dps should be able to take one down)

it is not their roleto kill any target and its ignorance of the mmorpg gameing system to think so traditionally stealthers are to pressure healers and soft dps and be countered by heavy armored targets i have an op and i enjoy blastyin anything and everything but in the rock paper scissors world we live in ranged>melee>stealth>ranged right now op/smugs kill any target on the board short of a healer 1v1(as intended no 1 dps should be able to take one down)

How are you not able to kill a healer, you have an interrupt, a stun, a mez and your opener does a knock back? I have no problems killing any class 1v1 on my scoundrel ?

Granted I'm only 40 and destroying the lvl 1-49 bracket even against teams of 49's. But I don't see many things changing at 50 seeing as our token scoundrel still destroy things with 7k openers on squishies.and 6k openers on commandos (<3 armor pen).

Also rock-paper-scissors just does not exist. Here's the proof of concept: Sentinels are the best 1v1 class in the game.

Edited by Orangerascal

So far only one suggestion worked more or less acceptable, sticking with tank seems to help, and only vanguards been good so far, jedis tend to jump into fight without looking back.

Someone mentioned about heavy armor, I thought my heavy armor should give me some protection but looks like its not so good.

Quick question: What is that I suppose to do in order "to dot agent so he doesn't go stealth on me"?

Edited by chorcen

7k openers? After several attacks yes but back blast or back stab doesn't crit for 7k anymore...in fact I don't think it ever did...

Oh and for the op's question...

Dot meas damage over time. Tbh I havemt played as a cm, so I'm not sure what abilities you have. Most likely though you have an attack that does damage over time. If you apply that to an op and he goes stealth the next time that attack ticks it will knock him out of stealth.

Edited by Samcuu

Need advise on how to oppose Imperial agents

1. Form a PAC (Political Action Committee)

2. Hold a rally.

3. Make big signs for people to hold with slogans such as "Down with Imperial Agents!" and "Put the Opera back into Operatives!" and "We are the 99% (who play Huttball)"

Hope this helps.

Serious tips:

If you know you are going to be stationary, place your Stealth Scan down on top of you. You can use this on cooldown if you want, but it is best to save it for when you feel a stealther is around.

If they get the jump on you:

1. DON'T PANIC!

1a. Ok, PANIC!

2. DO NOT USE YOUR CC BREAKER ON THE OPENING KNOCKDOWN. It only lasts 1.5 seconds.

3. As soon as you can, use your Reactive Shield.

4. Knock them back and proceed to kite towards your teammates.

5. They will now attempt to stun you. This will fill your Resolve Bar to full. Now you can use your CC Breaker and continue kiting.

6. Use your Cryo Grenade to get more distance.

Commando's especially healing commando simply can't be killed by an op once they are geared, so just lvl to 50 and never worry about it again. :rolleyes:

As for the people saying ops are made to kill people 1v1 blah blah, once everyone is equally geared an ops doesn't have the burst to kill anyone even through both of the stuns. Most of the time we burn all of our energy, all of our stuns and root and still have about 20%ish life left. If we are 1v1 we prolly wont get the kill.

So once everyone is full champ (shouldn't be long now with new bag changes) ops will be useless unless they run with another op, or an assassin

Edited by Qeuzolt

Serious tips:

If you know you are going to be stationary, place your Stealth Scan down on top of you. You can use this on cooldown if you want, but it is best to save it for when you feel a stealther is around.

If they get the jump on you:

1. DON'T PANIC!

1a. Ok, PANIC!

2. DO NOT USE YOUR CC BREAKER ON THE OPENING KNOCKDOWN. It only lasts 1.5 seconds.

3. As soon as you can, use your Reactive Shield.

4. Knock them back and proceed to kite towards your teammates.

5. They will now attempt to stun you. This will fill your Resolve Bar to full. Now you can use your CC Breaker and continue kiting.

6. Use your Cryo Grenade to get more distance.

Pretty good advice....only a couple things which aren't completely accurate. First of all the opener for scoundrel or op stuns for 3 secs. 2nd of all we are able to stun again imediately without filling the resolve bar...its the 3rd stun that fills the white bar. Most times if you don't use ur cc breaker right away the fight is over...I would recommend using the cc breaker right when and op opens on you...

Knockback and run away (to your team)

They have nothing they can do to you once you are more than 10m away from them.

They can open for maybe 1/3 your health if they land debilitate since you have heavy armor.

Honestly just get distance from them and they become harmless.

Pretty good advice....only a couple things which aren't completely accurate. First of all the opener for scoundrel or op stuns for 3 secs. 2nd of all we are able to stun again imediately without filling the resolve bar...its the 3rd stun that fills the white bar. Most times if you don't use ur cc breaker right away the fight is over...I would recommend using the cc breaker right when and op opens on you...

You don't play an Operative. Opener is 1.5 seconds, any CC after the opener will fill resolve.