Biochem Blue or Purple?

blaquelotus

Hello all :)

I just recently rolled a Republic toon who I plan on focusing on PvP with. I chose BioChem for my crafting skill since I thought it might be a solid choice for both PvP and PvE content (good benefit to both). However, I'm wondering what the veteran BioChem players think about Blue verses Purple crafts?

Purples are essentially reusable greens (for the appropriate level) while blues are consumable with better effects. Now at first brush the purple medkits and such seem better as its a one time craft and you're done. However, as a BioChem just the normal process of leveling my Crew Skills tends to give me plenty of medkits, and materials (at least at lower levels). So it caused me to wonder if It might not be better to just go for the Blues with the slightly better affects since currently its not much trouble to keep a stack.

Anyway, I just wondered what other people's experience was with this? Since I'm lower level on this toon currently I realize EVERYTHING is "easier" so I didn't want to base an opinion solely on what I'm currently experiencing.

Thanks for any input.

I try not to reverse engineer my own health packs anymore, if I can find a re-usable one on auction for a reasonable price it's better just to buy that and spend my crew's time on making implants or gathering materials.

Then any one time use health packs I do make I give to my non-biochem friends.