Min Maxing stats issues.

YodaUnrea

Hello everyone.

Am i the only one who thinks that there are too much mods, and enhancments now in the game?

i mean dont get me wrong surly its usefull for some people. but to be honest it needs to be reworked completly.

i mean who got this idea to flood the game with this amount of mods, enchanctments etc? its stupid. and confusing.

i cant even decide what to use for lightnign sorcerers anymore cos the amount of sheet (literaly droping form the game) is basicly 99% is usless when it comes to bis stats. The online guides are also not very helpful at all. they are not mentioning at all wich mod you need and how many of them.

I want to suggest to please bring back the Ossus expansion gearign system i rather farming currecnies and get a bis item set from a vendor then using the current gearing and stating system sheet show.

Not to mention the lacking of content in the game. level sync dont make old content revelant at all. it is just messing with the stats and the min maxing process as a whole. it needs to be scraped completly. or sclae up the old operations to level 75 , instead of scale us down. there is no logic behind of it. And it dosent pays out.

Back to the topic: every guide is contratidct each other. so there is no meta guide for min maxing to BIS stats for the game, like before. This whole thing is a lazy and a mess design and it needs to be gone once and for all. Sure if some one is doing pvp it matters for them but how about to bring back pvp gear vendors? instead of this system? it worked out well in the past and we didnt had to worry about the stats at all bascily. but now we are flooded with usless enchantments, and mods, that bascily is just taking places in the game database and its usless.

I agree. Too much mods and stuff. But i simply don't care at this point. If i overshoot my alacrity or accuracy thresholds by 50 points... so be it. I don't raid NiM on a daily basis any more. So it doesn't really matter. Let the other people look for this rare R-11 Mod Drop or whatever.

Yeah at some point i agree with you but on the other hand we cannot dust of the fact that this is a huge mess wich needs to be fixed.

Agreed with OP - there is a bit too many ilvls and too many variances for each mod / enhancement. I am NOT enjoying the lottery slot machine system of gearing.

However, I want to say that in general I really like the new gear (tacticals, amplifiers, many set bonus sets, legacy bound). It just needs some balancing, dialling back amount of RNG and credit sinks, reducing clutter and it would be perfect.

i mean who got this idea to flood the game with this amount of mods, enchanctments etc? its stupid. and confusing.

Take away or reduce the count of the mods and enhancements, you take away stat variety.

Every time people rush out to the forums demanding Bioware dumb down the game, another crowd rushes in after such an update to complain that the game is now too stupid-simple, not challenging enough, and with the OP's particular suggestion, doesn't offer enough variety to tailor stats to their fighting style.

Skill trees were removed years ago because people complained they were overwhelmed with choice, and I remember reading where a dev said skill trees weren't meaningful anyway because min maxers were always picking the same combination. Result: alleviate the complaints of complexity by nuking skill trees.

To this day, another crowd still complains that skill trees should be added back.

We didn't always have something called mastery in the game. Mastery became an umbrella stat for what previously was aim, cunning, willpower, etc. But that got too confusing for some, so it all got dumbed down to "mastery" (and I'm sure the devs loved that because it immediately simplified their programming burden).

Back to the OP's suggestion, the only way for players to tailor stats for a particular class and desired fighting style is to offer a variety of stat combinations, and that's done with a corresponding variety of mods and enhancements. That way, players can choose for themselves what stats they want, not have a dumbed-down game choose for them.

Class stat optimization won't happen if this suggestion is followed. People will complain they've lost stat combinations, lost access to their precious 1.3 second global cooldowns, that the dumbed-down stat system wrecked PvP even worse than it was before, etc.

Bad idea.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I have a counter-suggestion for the OP. Instead of reducing the number of mods and enhancements, or getting rid of that system altogether, Bioware creates a new armor slot.

I'll call this new armor slot the Easy Slot.

Players can go to fleet to the mod vendors, just like they do now, and will still be presented with a choice: either pick up armor, mods, and enhancements as they do now to tailor stats specifically to their liking, or buy an Easy Slot item from the Easy Slot vendor (I'm picturing a Jawa).

Once an Easy Slot mod is placed in the Easy Slot, the mod overwrites any stats in any other gear slot, meaning a player doesn't even need to have anything in any other slot. Easy Slot takes care of it all.

Easy Slot items cover an entire role's worth of pre-configured I-don't-want-to-have-to-think-about-it stat combinations:

1. Healer

2. DPS Ranged

3. DPS Meelee

4. Tank

And that's it. Put one of those Easy Slot Items in your Easy Slot, good to go, to hell with whatever might be in any of the other armor slots, including the tactical.

Done.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Take away or reduce the count of the mods and enhancements, you take away stat variety.

Every time people rush out to the forums demanding Bioware dumb down the game, another crowd rushes in after such an update to complain that the game is now too stupid-simple, not challenging enough, and with the OP's particular suggestion, doesn't offer enough variety to tailor stats to their fighting style.

Skill trees were removed years ago because people complained they were overwhelmed with choice, and I remember reading where a dev said skill trees weren't meaningful anyway because min maxers were always picking the same combination. Result: alleviate the complaints of complexity by nuking skill trees.

To this day, another crowd still complains that skill trees should be added back.

We didn't always have something called mastery in the game. Mastery became an umbrella stat for what previously was aim, cunning, willpower, etc. But that got too confusing for some, so it all got dumbed down to "mastery" (and I'm sure the devs loved that because it immediately simplified their programming burden).

Back to the OP's suggestion, the only way for players to tailor stats for a particular class and desired fighting style is to offer a variety of stat combinations, and that's done with a corresponding variety of mods and enhancements. That way, players can choose for themselves what stats they want, not have a dumbed-down game choose for them.

Class stat optimization won't happen if this suggestion is followed. People will complain they've lost stat combinations, lost access to their precious 1.3 second global cooldowns, that the dumbed-down stat system wrecked PvP even worse than it was before, etc.

Bad idea.

Depends.

If you assume the OP means remove actual stats such that there are only generic 'damage stat' or 'heal stat' or 'tank stat' all in fixed amounts, then sure, it is a bad idea.

If you assume the OP means remove the dozens of garbage R variant mods and enhancements that currently clutter loot tables, then it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

IMO though, the biggest thing they could do to make min / maxing more straightforward would be scaling everything to 75, as capped and uncapped content value stats differently, even when keeping roles / class constant.

Edited by DawnAskham

Depends.

If you assume the OP means remove actual stats such that there are only generic 'damage stat' or 'heal stat' or 'tank stat' all in fixed amounts, then sure, it is a bad idea.

If you assume the OP means remove the dozens of garbage R variant mods and enhancements that currently clutter loot tables, then it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

IMO though, the biggest thing they could do to make min / maxing more straightforward would be scaling everything to 75, as capped and uncapped content value stats differently, even when keeping roles / class constant.

This tells me the crux of the OP's complaint is stat placement confusion, not wholly about mod choice confusion:

i cant even decide what to use for lightnign sorcerers anymore cos the amount of sheet (literaly droping form the game) is basicly 99% is usless when it comes to bis stats.

He's not saying something of the like that he knows he needs crit but can't decide which mod is best for that. He apparently knows when junk is junk.

The variety of mods might prove problematic, but that's expressed to me as that he's overwhelmed between choices of crit, alacrity, and the other stats, especially if he's out there looking for stat guides to know how many of what to put where, much less getting appropriate drops for what he's reading about.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Depends.

Yepp i meant thes second sentence to be specific : if you assume the OP means remove the dozens of garbage R variant mods and enhancements that currently clutter loot tables, then it isn't necessarily a bad idea. thats what i meant.

I don’t think they would be dumbing down the game (as some have suggested would happen) if they removed some of the mods, enhancements, Armoring, barrels or hilts. There are currently 20 different types of the same series of mods, etc and they aren’t all needed or even close to BiS.

Removing half of them would still be more than is needed to min max and would bring the system more inline with all the other gearing in the game, but with a slightly larger selection than low lvl vendors.

Even the theory crafters who’ve gone through them all and kindly listed them in spread sheets and tested them will tell you there are too many.

Many of the items are just useless fluff to fill up the RNG in this game. They get trashed straight away now that we know what to keep,

What makes this system frustrating is the amount of trash items and the frustration at the RNG not dropping what you actually need. That includes from the vendor or actual drops because there is no option in the game to just buy what you need.

I’ve personally been trying to get some specific enhancements for the last 3 months and it seems everything else but those drop.

Removing the rubbish that drops wouldn’t dumb down the game or make easier to figure out. It would just reduce the amount of rubbish you get that isn’t useable.

Either remove a bunch of the junk items that no one who has a clue would use or allow us to buy what we want directly from the vendor and be done with all this RNG rubbish. Then they can keep all this junk in the game (for people who think removing it would dumb it down) and people with a clue can actually gear up properly.

For this people who don’t know what to keep and trash. Here is a cheat sheet :

For people needing a shortlist of what to keep and what to sell/delete:

Mods

-

Lethal R-2 = R-3 = R-5

Enhancements

-

Accuracy:

- Uncapped, Initiative R-18/19

- Capped, Proficient R-1

Alacrity:

- Uncapped, Nimble R-12 though R-20 (NOT 17) and Savant R-3

- Capped, Savant R-1

**ALACRITY NOTES:**

-Baseline needs: R-14/18/19/20

-Nimble R-15/16 and Savant R-3 **specific to Carnage and Arsenal**.

-Nimble R-12/13 **specific to Healers**.

Crit:

- Adept 80, R-18/19

- Efficient R-1

Barrage/Discipline/Studious you can just delete outright.

Sav/Prof/Eff are for Capped Content sets.

And here is the spread sheet directly from the theory crafters : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VGqUApKhNqE_Tu9anwL88YEGsrzY5VXZOwkG03HTIlA/edit#gid=287227017

Ps, don’t bring the Ossus gearing system back. That was absolute rubbish and worse than this system.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

HA!

Accuracy = 110%

Alacrity = 1213

Stack crit since power, mastery and endurance are hardcapped.

This describes just about every toon at iRating 306 when the player has read a gearing guide. I had to redesign my OP healer because she was a power/mastery healer. Now that build is impossible due to the hardcaps so she stacks crit and alacrity like everyone else.

Ps, don’t bring the Ossus gearing system back. That was absolute rubbish and worse than this system.

i agree completely that ossus gearing sucked. My issues with the current system are:

1. First and foremost, downscaled "endgame" content disenfranchising proper BiS.

2. Too many different possible items in slot without a way to target a specific one.

3. Certain gear sets are available only as rare drops in specific content you have essentially a 1 in 8 chance of getting.

4. Amplifiers - their existence and the fact they're entirely RNG.

5. Augments (BiS) - their addition, the fact they're absurdly expensive, and their extreme limitation.

But primarily 1. The current state of endgame is utterly despicable.

Edited by KendraP

To be honest i dont realy agree with you on that sentence. it was way easy back then, then now. the game wanst filled with usless stuffs like how it is now. Although i agree that the new amply system is kinda nice to have if our rng is giving us the golden extra stats we need.

I also agree that downscaleing us is a stupid idea. every ops should be lvl 75 including the players as well. the down scale system on those matters are just simply trash. ( and i am not even sorry for saying that). We dont need hard caps in older content to make those old operations revelant. Most of the player base already got through nim diff years ago before the sync system came out. So basicly there is no point to scale us down while the ops is tuned to lvl 75 but we are not :D who ever came up with that logic it is just a meh.

Back to the mods, it just way too much usless and trash items. the rng on top of rng is just not working out. we already see the results of when it comes to min maxing stats (that inclueds caped an uncaped contents it is just a hot mess. and definetly needs to be gone. (at least the usless ones for sure.) i loved the token farming methods before when the ops boss droped it and you could have bought what you needed. and you were done basicly.

I also agree on your term of option to the multiple chose to allow us buy what we want and for those who wants to grind endlessly for no result, to keep searching for their bis mods etc.. while on the other hand the others whos got a clue can actualy gearing up in stat wise as well get tehir proper stats.

To be honest i dont realy agree with you on that sentence. it was way easy back then,

I must disagree with you. Kendra and Trix are right.

It was much harder chasing down crystals than tech frags, and the whole trade-out thing with armor shells was crap, too. With 170+ toons, that system was just plain cow manure.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I must disagree with you. Kendra and Trix are right.

It was much harder chasing down crystals than tech frags, and the whole trade-out thing with armor shells was crap, too. With 170+ toons, that system was just plain cow manure.

Damn 170+ toon? thats a bit too much.

Nevertheless, we can all agree in some point that the old content operations we shouldn't be downscaled at all. it usless. have a 3 bis gear one for lvl 75 content, one for the old content and 1 for pvp riiiight... how about noo? This is not working out. And also sc****** out the grabage mods, ench, and armorings would be nice as well.

i agree completely that ossus gearing sucked. My issues with the current system are:

1. First and foremost, downscaled "endgame" content disenfranchising proper BiS.

2. Too many different possible items in slot without a way to target a specific one.

3. Certain gear sets are available only as rare drops in specific content you have essentially a 1 in 8 chance of getting.

4. Amplifiers - their existence and the fact they're entirely RNG.

5. Augments (BiS) - their addition, the fact they're absurdly expensive, and their extreme limitation.

But primarily 1. The current state of endgame is utterly despicable.

Agree #1 is the biggest fail.

And don't get me started on how *** backwards it is to see uprisings getting scaled to 75 when the vast majority of Ops and FPs are stuck at 70 with the stupid Veterans Edge buff.

Damn 170+ toon? thats a bit too much.

You're the authority, I take it, ultimately deciding precisely how many toons other players should have?

This may come as a bit of a shock to you: You're not.

I'll decide for myself how many toons I'll have. You worry about yourself.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You're the authority, I take it, ultimately deciding precisely how many toons other players should have?

This may come as a bit of a shock to you: You're not.

I'll decide for myself how many toons I'll have. You worry about yourself.

Dont get me wrong i was just shocked by the number.

Bad idea.

Quoted the whole thing because i agree with it all. Hell, if anything Id like more customization. Gives me something to do, its unique, and a credit sink. I miss skill trees as well. Its why i quit last time.

Agree #1 is the biggest fail.

And don't get me started on how *** backwards it is to see uprisings getting scaled to 75 when the vast majority of Ops and FPs are stuck at 70 with the stupid Veterans Edge buff.

I have a hypothesis this was done as a test case. I.e. raise the uprisings because there are less of them, then see how the response is.

The fault in this logic is obvious, and I sincerely hope that the negative response does not turn BW off of scaling FPs and Ops.

HA!

Accuracy = 110%

Alacrity = 1213

Stack crit since power, mastery and endurance are hardcapped.

This describes just about every toon at iRating 306 when the player has read a gearing guide. I had to redesign my OP healer because she was a power/mastery healer. Now that build is impossible due to the hardcaps so she stacks crit and alacrity like everyone else.

Exact same for my 1 friend who still manages to log on this game to chase that carrot every day. I suppose its there to fluff up the renown pool but all this 'choice' is meaningless if they're still enforcing limits. Its all just a big mess with no real benefit that I can see for anyone (maybe the devs, having a smaller definitive pool of combinations to base balance decisions off of) besides the sweet perception that there is so much choice!

While I really do enjoy this method of gearing I will agree that they need to weed out some of the mods and enhancements, there are just to many of them. I like the overall idea of this gearing method, but where they have failed is with the volume, the volume of mods and enhancements is just to much.

While I really do enjoy this method of gearing I will agree that they need to weed out some of the mods and enhancements, there are just to many of them. I like the overall idea of this gearing method, but where they have failed is with the volume, the volume of mods and enhancements is just to much.

I suggested adding a trade of some kind on the vendor. For 3000 tech frags or whatever (pick a number, I made up one that seemed fair to me), you can swap a useless 306 item mod for a useful one of the same type. (I.e. mod --> mod, enhancement --> enhancement, armoring/barrel/hilt --> armoring/barrel/hilt)