Planetary War

codydmaan

Planetary war. A future update idea? I wave all rights for this idea as the devs can take it and i won't mind.

You know how there are 3 planets to invade and conquer small medium and large the guild with the most conquest points wins the planet?

However thats not really a battle. Its more of a points battle. Here is what I propose for the planetary battles each week.

Proposal : Conquest points are to put your guild into a ranking (which is alredy being done)

The top 3 (or top 2 doesn't matter) guilds on each planetary yield (small medium and large) will then be scheduled to a planetary war battle.

Meaning at a certain time at the end of the conquest week all guild members will rally on their guild ships travel to the planet and take shuttles down the surface where they intern start the Planetary Battle.

It would ofc be a large pvp map zone where certain objectives would be required to obtain points and kills would be points as well. You could even include part space battle (gsf I guess to battle the guild ships)

Now the challenges. Ofc you can't have 100s of people on huge guilds to battle each other that would be a rendering nightmare.

So limit the amount of players the guild could send to the planet. For example 50 players from each of the 3 guilds or top 2 could enter the planetary battle zone.

So basically this would make conquest a actual battle and not a race for conquest points only. And come on can we all agree that getting points only doesn't feel like a guild battle?

I think this would be a new fun addition to the game making guild battles actually feel like a guild battle.

You really hate coming in second place, don't you?

Oh, and terrible idea. People play in different time zones in real life.

Oh, and terrible idea. Some people don't like PvP, particularly if it would just be a redux of Battle of Ilum multiplied.

Dasty

P.S. Your posts are becoming a little obsessive.

Edited by Jdast

Honestly this is what I thought conquest would be when they first introduced it. I thought the captain fights or whatever on the planets would involve pvp and guilds protecting bases. When it didn't turn out like that I ended up losing all interest in conquest. To this day I still don't really get the point of it.

Honestly this is what I thought conquest would be when they first introduced it. I thought the captain fights or whatever on the planets would involve pvp and guilds protecting bases. When it didn't turn out like that I ended up losing all interest in conquest. To this day I still don't really get the point of it.

Right exactly its more or less a points war. Not a actual conquest battle. This would be a extremely fun addition.

Planetary war. A future update idea? I wave all rights for this idea as the devs can take it and i won't mind.

You know how there are 3 planets to invade and conquer small medium and large the guild with the most conquest points wins the planet?

However thats not really a battle. Its more of a points battle. Here is what I propose for the planetary battles each week.

Proposal : Conquest points are to put your guild into a ranking (which is alredy being done)

The top 3 (or top 2 doesn't matter) guilds on each planetary yield (small medium and large) will then be scheduled to a planetary war battle.

Meaning at a certain time at the end of the conquest week all guild members will rally on their guild ships travel to the planet and take shuttles down the surface where they intern start the Planetary Battle.

It would ofc be a large pvp map zone where certain objectives would be required to obtain points and kills would be points as well. You could even include part space battle (gsf I guess to battle the guild ships)

Now the challenges. Ofc you can't have 100s of people on huge guilds to battle each other that would be a rendering nightmare.

So limit the amount of players the guild could send to the planet. For example 50 players from each of the 3 guilds or top 2 could enter the planetary battle zone.

So basically this would make conquest a actual battle and not a race for conquest points only. And come on can we all agree that getting points only doesn't feel like a guild battle?

I think this would be a new fun addition to the game making guild battles actually feel like a guild battle.

This sounds nice good and all but there is the matter of time schedules, even without including different timezones since people might be busy. Secondly, sending a lot of players to a single place in this game is just asking for lag, until they manage to optimize it, which is very unlikely to happen to be honest, we'd just end up with another Ilum.

This sounds nice good and all but there is the matter of time schedules, even without including different timezones since people might be busy. Secondly, sending a lot of players to a single place in this game is just asking for lag, until they manage to optimize it, which is very unlikely to happen to be honest, we'd just end up with another Ilum.

So what? You ever play planetside? Factions rotate throughout the day of controlling continents. That's what makes it interesting.

Right find a way to optimize it the right way. Maybe 25 players each side and 20 in a space battle. Ofc its a idea so all the kinks would have to b worked out ofc

Oh, and terrible idea. Some people don't like PvP, particularly if it would just be a redux of Battle of Ilum multiplied.

Dasty

Im with Dasty.

Cody, dude, I know coming in second sucks especially when you work sooo hard each week. But you gotta let this go. Maybe try for a different planet than the one your nemesis guild is going after? Best of luck to you.

Dasty

One small erratum: most people don't like PvP ;)

Im with Dasty.

Cody, dude, I know coming in second sucks especially when you work sooo hard each week. But you gotta let this go. Maybe try for a different planet than the one your nemesis guild is going after? Best of luck to you.

Sorry i don't know what u mean. Im not in a guild thats second :)

If you have a fued w a guild keave it somewhere else. Let's discuss the topic on the thread.

One small erratum: most people don't like PvP ;)

Right exactly. Not everyone likes pvp not everyone likes pve

But a war should incorporate both aspects of gameplay. Right now it favors pve highly.

So incorporate it both like for example not saying do it this way but just as a example.

Every 1m cq points gets u a guild ranking point up to a cap limit (very high for large yield planets)

Then the actual war on the planet. For ranking points or something along those lines.

Incorporate both that makes it like a Total planetary war. You know.

It could b super fun done the right way

Dasty

Worthy quoting again.

Aside from the time zone issue (a major one), there's the fact that open-world pvp just does not work in this game. I"m one of the players who finds 16 man operations are a lagfest, and any open-world pvp with more than a handful of players involved turns into a slide show.

If you really want some friendly pvp competition you can challenge other guilds to pvp matches. It won't win you planets, but could be fun for your pvp players. Guild vs Guild warzones have a lot of potential.

Worthy quoting again.

Aside from the time zone issue (a major one), there's the fact that open-world pvp just does not work in this game. I"m one of the players who finds 16 man operations are a lagfest, and any open-world pvp with more than a handful of players involved turns into a slide show.

If you really want some friendly pvp competition you can challenge other guilds to pvp matches. It won't win you planets, but could be fun for your pvp players. Guild vs Guild warzones have a lot of potential.

True however it can work if the do it right.

Just stacking points to win a g war doesn't seem like a war. Some alredy agreed. Adding another game mode aspect could b fun for everyone

For one, this should be in the Suggestions forum, just saying. Blah blah forum police, whatever.

For another, no. You would be turning Conquest into a primarily PVP focused endeavor. And don't say, oh but the points you get can be from the pve activities! Doesn't matter. If the determining factor of winning is a big pvp battle then you have turned conquest into a primarily pvp activity. At that point I personally wouldn't even bother with the pve parts. And let's face it - a large number of the people who play this game are not that into pvp. I know it's one of the reasons I like this game, that pvp isn't shoved into my face every time I turn around.

The activity itself could be fun for some, but it should simply be a pvp map for guilds to engage in a specific battle, with points equal to any other pvp objective. Maybe call it a skirmish and it's a once per conquest, per guild thing. However, having conquest hinge on who wins a massive pvp battle would basically gate out any smaller guilds, any non-pvp guilds, and a lot of players in bigger guilds who don't enjoy pvp.

For one, this should be in the Suggestions forum, just saying. Blah blah forum police, whatever.

For another, no. You would be turning Conquest into a primarily PVP focused endeavor. And don't say, oh but the points you get can be from the pve activities! Doesn't matter. If the determining factor of winning is a big pvp battle then you have turned conquest into a primarily pvp activity. At that point I personally wouldn't even bother with the pve parts. And let's face it - a large number of the people who play this game are not that into pvp. I know it's one of the reasons I like this game, that pvp isn't shoved into my face every time I turn around.

Right right toootally agree w you. That's why I suggest it b balanced ofc. Work out the kinks. Ofc

You could also make it completely separate.

2 large med small yield choose your guilds war path and fight thr guilds that choose said path.

Horrible Idea. I wonder if this went through, how many people would stop doing conquest.

Your looking for a way to force people into doing open world PvP. Realize that there is a large amount of players that do conquest that dislike PvP of all forma.

Also take into consideration the lag factor that other posters have already mentioned. Your looking for massive open world PvP, and the engine simply can't handle it. It couldn't at launch with illum. It can't even handle 16 man Ops without massive lag, so what makes you think it'll work for something like this?

The simple truth of Swtor is that the playerbase has spoken time and again when BW tries to incentivize Open world PvP. It didn't work for Iokath, and people wouldn't like it added to conquest either. All forms of content have the ability to contribute for conquest, just leave it as it is.

Sorry i don't know what u mean. Im not in a guild thats second :)

If you have a fued w a guild keave it somewhere else. Let's discuss the topic on the thread.

Hahahaha but your nose is growing dude. You actually posted a link in our guild's discord to this post, admitting you posted it. Please for the sake of everything holy and unholy, just stop this nonsense. Your witch hunt wont help you actually win anything. Less whining and spying and more playing might help? Dunno just an idea...

Cant believe my very first post after starting to play a couple of weeks ago, and it's in reaction to a troll. Sigh, to think I actually joined that guild too.

Hahahaha but your nose is growing dude. You actually posted a link in our guild's discord to this post, admitting you posted it. Please for the sake of everything holy and unholy, just stop this nonsense. Your witch hunt wont help you actually win anything. Less whining and spying and more playing might help? Dunno just an idea...

Cant believe my very first post after starting to play a couple of weeks ago, and it's in reaction to a troll. Sigh, to think I actually joined that guild too.

I'm not sure you understand. And I don't have discord I use line. so jokes on you. :) If anyone's trolling its you guys who's bringing up subjects other than what this post is about. So please talk about the post subject please.

Thank you

Sorry, but it's an atrocious idea , for so many reasons, as has been mentioned. OWPvP, no matter how cool it's sounds, or would be (this coming from a non pvp person) won't work with this engine, will never work with this engine........

This engine can not handle it.....

Edited by DarkTergon

I'm not sure you understand. And I don't have discord I use line. so jokes on you. :) If anyone's trolling its you guys who's bringing up subjects other than what this post is about. So please talk about the post subject please.

Thank you

Oh my dear dear Cody. Its a terrible idea. Its not even worth discussing. The only real solution is to have more planets to invade. OTOH I am really as eager as anyone else to become as indignant as possible about something or other, but I want to make sure not to waste a good snit of indignation on a bad cause. IOW - my dear, this is a bad cause. It's a terrible idea and I honestly do not think anyone will take you serious. But who knows. Hopefully the schools will open soon. In the meantime I guess we have to endure this.

Screenshot and imgur it, just block out the important things like names so you won't get in trouble. lol

He's been on this kick for a bit now. Took a break for the swoop week, and now he's back.

And of course trying to feign innocence of why he's really here, what he's doing & why he's complaining. Smh.

BTW, welcome to the game. lol

Thank you

Why you going to feign innocence & lie?

You have a toon in the top guild, so perhaps that's not so much a lie, but you still have toons in the losing guild too. You've been complaining again this week about the unfairness of it all again...so just stop.

At this point no one is going to take you serious bc you're just head hunting things to try & get your point across & to win by getting the top guild banned.

Oh my dear dear Cody. Its a terrible idea. Its not even worth discussing. The only real solution is to have more planets to invade. OTOH I am really as eager as anyone else to become as indignant as possible about something or other, but I want to make sure not to waste a good snit of indignation on a bad cause. IOW - my dear, this is a bad cause. It's a terrible idea and I honestly do not think anyone will take you serious. But who knows. Hopefully the schools will open soon. In the meantime I guess we have to endure this.

I'm sorry when did you decide everyone will think this is a bad idea? I dont think you speak for every one.

Some have appreciated this idea. However like I said the kinks would have to be worked out ofc.

And i would prefer you keep your derogatory comments to yourself. I have a college degree. And and a swtor founder pre beta :) dont belittle yourself by suggesting I need to go to school. Why do that lol makes no sense.

Anyway have a good day

Edited by codydmaan

No.....basically, the engine can't hack it. They are never going to fix that, so we'll never have owpvp. We have tried, over and over. People have organised events, and little battles have popped up over the commanders. But everytime you get 16+ people, the lag kills it.