Kaon Under Siege - Bug with Melarra Conversation

Matt-ITA

Hello,

I couldn't find any other threads on this matter, so I opened this.

At the very end of the Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint (both Veteran and Master), to complete the Mission and get the reward, you are supposed to talk with the NPC named Melarra. Though, when in group, often it's bugged and one or more players will see Melarra at the lower level, insted that upon the "bridge-like" structure.

Due to this bug, bugged characters won't be able to start the conversation, and so to complete the Mission and get their reward.

They'll have different kind of message: I'm not totally sure beacause I didn't thought to write them down, but they should be as follow:

• if the bugged character is above the structure and clicks on the below Melarra, when the conversation should start, he'll get "Not in range" error and the conversation won't start for no one of the players;
  • If the bugged character stays below the structure and clicks on the nearby Melarra, they'ill receive "Can't see the target" error (or "Can't reach the target", really not sure about those errors).

I think this bug gets generated when a character is still below the structure while other characters are already going above the structure.

Workaround: the bugged characters will have to exit area and walk their way back to Melarra, there they'll see her above the structure and they'll be able to start the conversation to complete the Mission and get the reward.

I hope you can fix this soon!

Edited by Matt-ITA

you can d/c yourself but stay in group and when you reload you'll be fixed. OR....

Once, a group member went back to one of the nearby groups and got himself killed (we had to then just clear the trash) and upon his rez he was fixed. :D

I am not advocating char suicide. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

These are centuries-old bug that hasn't been looked upon since the Stone Age.

The other persisting bug is the Jindo Krey fight in False Emperor where the ship bugs out and the workaround is to make the DPS not touch him until the Ship is dead. I've been unlucky with some very deep RP people disregarding this and wiping in Master Mode while the vote kick was unsuccessful.

It'll be a miracle if they ever get to fix these two bugs, really.

Edited by vianiel

• 1 month later...
This fix did not work for me. When I came back the only part of my HUD that was visible was the right side(map, mission log, and the top menu) and I couldn't use any abilities at all. Even with my hot keys. Couldn't even tell my group what was happening because the chat window was invisible! Then the game DC'd me and when I logged back in the mission description said shuttle to kaon and complete the flashpoin.. So lost my rewards and all. did the entire fp and didn't get the reward. Bogus. Totally bogus. Bummed me out. This needs to not happen. Edited by ClintKline

This fix did not work for me. When I came back the only part of my HUD that was visible was the right side(map, mission log, and the top menu) and I couldn't use any abilities at all. Even with my hot keys. Couldn't even tell my group what was happening because the chat window was invisible! Then the game DC'd me and when I logged back in the mission description said shuttle to kaon and complete the flashpoin.. So lost my rewards and all. did the entire fp and didn't get the reward. Bogus. Totally bogus. Bummed me out. This needs to not happen.

Your issue doesn't sound like this thread, there is no mention of losing the UI , make a post at AHQ especially if using a 32 bit OS instead of a 64bit OS.

• 2 years later...

The easiest fix I've encountered in the last 3 years is to simply exit that particular building, not the flashpoint, and go down the big ramp and almost to the rakghouls under that overhang, then back and fixed. You don't have to leave the FP, or go to your stronghold, or get killed or anything else, just exit that spaceport, down the wide ramp, and done.

Furthermore, I haven't gotten this bug in years unless I make a new character. Even then it's rare on new characters. It seems it's just new characters for a few times then your account builds up an immunity.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...