Hive Mined, Alderaan--Can't click Killik cage

MerindaKalene

I just got my sith sorcerer to the Lanthanide mines for the Hive Mined quest on Alderaan and the first Killik cage that you have to click to free the Imperial agents from is highlighted, but when I mouse over it to click it, nothing happens. The cursor remains the standard pointer instead of turning into the pointing hand as it should when you mouse over an interactive item and I cannot continue with the quest.

I just got my sith sorcerer to the Lanthanide mines for the Hive Mined quest on Alderaan and the first Killik cage that you have to click to free the Imperial agents from is highlighted, but when I mouse over it to click it, nothing happens. The cursor remains the standard pointer instead of turning into the pointing hand as it should when you mouse over an interactive item and I cannot continue with the quest.

I've encountered this a couple times recently, mostly on Iokath. Closing and restarting the client resolved the problem for me.

• 8 months later...

I just came across this issue last night. So, for anyone else who is led here through diligent Google searching, here is what I found:

There are three prison cells. They have to be opened in order but that's easy (or should be) since the first one is near the front of the cave instance and the last one is at the back with the middle one, you guessed it, in the middle. The issue is that apparently the first one is easy to overlook, leading one to believe that the second one is actually the first one. But the second and third ones WILL NOT open or even show as highlighted unless you open the first one.

So, if they're not working, just retrace your steps to find the actual first cell. If you missed it for the same reason I did (you're blowing through the cave on a max level assassin) then it should not be any problem.

• 2 months later...

Yeah.... the first cage glows like it is supposed to be clickable... only it isn't. Bugged... but ya know... with a game this old it isn't like they have had time to chase down every line of bad code. I've also noticed in the last few months that instances have become more buggy.

Sadly, I had to quit the instance, shut down the game and come back in from desktop for it to act right.