Credits - what do you use them on?

Ghostius

Im earning credits thru doing dailies on multiple characters, so I have earned quite a lot in short amount of time.

Problem is I dont have anything to spend credits, since im not interested in cosmetics or packs.

I would like to spend it on BoE gear or mods, but there is no such thing in game atm.

So, what do you spend credits on?

I used to spend it on character slots, but I have enough of those. I occasionally spend them on outlander tokens to remake characters lost in the last merger. I'm a fashion addict too, but I have two legacy tabs full of them, so the only ones I buy are from the Tales of the Jedi and they usually cost a fortune. For smaller purchases, I like to buy crafting missions. Recently, I bought a guildship for 8mil for a little F2P guild [with my alts as members] I made a few years ago, and with a guild bank it doubles as an extra SH with extra legacy tabs. That was back in December, so I only have a couple million credits now.

Besides Character and/or Legacy perks?

Occasionally specific outfits that I like or can use parts of in ideas for characters. Mounts are another occasional, especially if I see an animal mount or something nice inexpensive on the Exchange.

My big thing until in a few days from now has been fully unlocking my strongholds (only the Nar Shaddaa Balcony left now!), so I suppose my next big credit sink will be decorations so I can turn those relatively generic strongholds into places more fitting my visions for them. (Sidenote; especially in Rishi's case since it's a 'city' and an airship, two strongholds in one...)

So far I've only earned credits from story and side quests plus the heroics I stumble upon playing through the class stories, so I haven't really ground towards any specific amounts as of yet.

But my credits have tended to go towards outfit compilation, dye and upgrades, so augmentation kit 10's and augments that I find within reasonable price ranges.

I also buy dye for some companions, depending on if I want to upgrade their look. On my smuggler I wanna save up so I can make Corso's hideous heavy armour that I found less green, lol.

The only companion of which I actually liked one of the awarded outfits so far has been Vette.

So far, mostly armor, weapons and mounts that I like on the Galactic Trade Network. And some on character/legacy unlocks.

And I'll have to spend a lot more before I have everything I currently want. Mostly to expand my collections so I can make future characters to play with (for me, putting together a costume is an important part of the character creation process =).

Nothing at the moment. They're just stacking up. There isn't much in the game I want at the moment.

^^this for me as well. Well, there are still some CM items I am after, but they are outrageously expensive. I just won't spend 70M on one item, for example. The amount wouldn't be a problem. I just don't like shovelling those credits into just one player's throat, just because the RNG god was with him.

Thus I'm piling up credits. I even stopped most of my crafting. I don't know what I should use the income for except for more crafting.

Edited by JattaGin

This and dyes. Gotta
;)....I also am always re-rolling characters, so I generally send every new character 500,000 in start up funds.

Yep dyes too.

And that'd not be fun if the ones i like the most were not the most expensive colours :D

I really wish the CM dyes could be unlocked for the account once we have them, just like the outfits, weapons and mounts.

I like to collect things. A lot.Unfortunately. I make millions every day, and I spend them all like no ones business. I have every stronghold, and two of them are empty, in 0%, because I STILL don't have enough decorations. I can't just throw chairs in there, I decorate with Great Care! Armors...after you have bought all the cheaper ones, you move to ones that cost half a million, and after those to ones that cost a million, and after that...you get the picture. Mounts and pets I don't really collect, but buy now and then if they are cheap. I pretty much have all mounts I want.

For a minimalist, drifty person like me, my behaviour in SWTOR is a mystery for me.

Well, seems like all people here using credits for cosmetics, not gear upgrades.

Guess it is my problem not caring about cosmetics, mounts and strongholds....

Stat gear doesn't age well, not to mention the game provides stat gear for free - so if others are like me, they see little to no reason spending credits on something which is free, and which will become outdated in the future.

For me, I've bought most every unlock available through legacy, bought a bunch of character server slots (some with boosts), bought every possible preferred unlock for when I'm not subscribed, every stronghold fully unlocked, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff including appearance gear as well as decorations.

Well, seems like all people here using credits for cosmetics, not gear upgrades.

Guess it is my problem not caring about cosmetics, mounts and strongholds....

I do use credits for gear upgrades, but it's few and far between because I'm very casual. I mainly play for the story elements, but that might change now that I have almost completed them all.

I'm thinking of investing time into getting upgrades for my agent, just because she's the most fun to play with, so I might actually be able to save up money for the mods that I might want.

Or I might finally look into crafting, I haven't touched that at all.

The tallest amount of cash I had at any one time was with my consular where I basically poured all the credits from all my characters at that point onto her, I managed to reach something like 3.5 mil. I'd need at least 4.5 to get the best barrels on the GTN for my rifle and vibroknife for example.

I haven't decided if I wanted to stick with the game yet. I purchased the 2-month sub to try it past the f2p limitations, but I might just decide that I'm not into the gameplay alone enough, for me to enjoy getting into crafting or grinding.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

I spend mine mostly on stuff for alts. I send each new alt 6 million for legacy unlocks & individual perks (like more inventory space) and sometimes I buy an armour set for their costume slot, dyes or mounts that I don't have unlocked. I spend a ridiculous amount on companion gifts - all my characters have at least 4 companions at level 50 influence and I currently have 49 characters (after I did a character cull recently). I also spend stupid amounts on stronghold decorations. Occasionally I buy mats from the GTN if I need extra to make mods for alts (as they all wear either the dark v light xp gear set or an orange set which I upgrade the mods on every 4 levels or 8 levels (for the dvl xp gear). I also buy superior command boosts from the GTN if I have no alternate currency to get them from the vendor and my own supply has run out.

Repair bills, raiding supplies, crafting/augments and the like, the rare cosmetic thing and setting up new characters. I don't really spend them unless there's something I need to. I don't really spend credits much and I tend to craft and buy/sell advantageously or shortcut and buy a popular item off the CM because I don't feel like doing anything.

Mostly, I just leave them until I need them- like when I bought and unlocked a stronghold to hit 150% because I don't enjoy grinding for my mats.

Crafting materials for conquest such as starship weapons and armored vehicles when I only make infantry supply kits, holocrons of strategy, and crystal capacitors. Also I like making my companions wear fancy stuff, and I'll pay more than I should to switch out my blasters for custom blasters with level appropriate expensive mods so I can have the blaster sound I like during combat. Nobody wants to fight with guns that sound crappy and cheap.