Companions with Assault Cannon

CoERegen

Hey there.

No, this is not another complaing about Aric no longer being able to use Assault Cannons (although I kinda bought the Czerka Cannon JUST for him from the CM :p ). Aaaaaaanywho - ARE there any companions left who can actually use an Assault Cannon? I have not started KotFE yet as I only recently returned and am finishing the SoR story atm - but I was hoping that at least ONE of my companions at one point will be able to utilize this gun - and that I won't have to roll another trooper just so I didn't waste the Czerka gun :)

Cheers and TIA for your time :)

Hey there.

No, this is not another complaing about Aric no longer being able to use Assault Cannons (although I kinda bought the Czerka Cannon JUST for him from the CM :p ). Aaaaaaanywho - ARE there any companions left who can actually use an Assault Cannon? I have not started KotFE yet as I only recently returned and am finishing the SoR story atm - but I was hoping that at least ONE of my companions at one point will be able to utilize this gun - and that I won't have to roll another trooper just so I didn't waste the Czerka gun :)

Cheers and TIA for your time :)

srgt. Rusk for Jedi Knight uses assault cannon, but in general is considered on of the worst (well IMO) companions in the game.

As weapons have no effect on companion DPS now, why not simply remove the stupid weapon restriction?

Wouldn't you like to see Corso wielding an Assault Cannon? Or dual wielding pistols?

Id love a Kira with 2 Sabres.

Bioware it would generate CM sales & MAKE YOU MONEY!

• 2 years later...
As weapons have no effect on companion DPS now, why not simply remove the stupid weapon restriction?

Wouldn't you like to see Corso wielding an Assault Cannon? Or dual wielding pistols?

Id love a Kira with 2 Sabres.

Bioware it would generate CM sales & MAKE YOU MONEY!

It would be neat but aren't our companions skills tied to their weapons (IE animations too... much like our classes)? I mean if they could fiddle with it so it didn't matter what we equipped on them... it would be interesting to see no doubt. I'm trying to picture Lord Scourge going, "Nah, who needs this Lightsaber... when I've got this." *pew* *pew* *pew*

Rusk is a reckless idiot. The military units he leads of catastrophically high casualty ratings because he's unfit to command, or perhaps even to serve.

I think every player has some companions that they just don't like, and for me, Rusk is probably "top four." I mean, there are plenty of companions that I had no interest in, and no use for (eg. Qyzen, Broonmark, Nadia Grell... Felix Iresso (apparently taking my Consular in to KOTET was a good move), Pierce, Vector, Temple, uhm...Andronikos, Yuun...)

...but it's Rusk, Fourex and Skadge are just not companions I wanted on my ships.

What's funny is in the cut scenes Vette seems to wield an Assault Cannon just fine! LOL

The trooper in general often uses a pistolö in cutscenes ... *facepalm*

BTW. I always thought that Blizz would use a cannon, too ? I never had him, so I can't say, though ... Would look really grand ... :D

A couple of the Cartel Pack comp droids use cannons, including the Personal Warbot and the latest one.

K’krohl uses one (as noted) as well.

I kinda wish they had given Torian a cannon instead of a sniper rifle when they made him ranged, and of course left Vette the option of continuing to use Spewie.

The trooper in general often uses a pistolö in cutscenes ... *facepalm*

BTW. I always thought that Blizz would use a cannon, too ? I never had him, so I can't say, though ... Would look really grand ... :D

Some would amount to... a Mount for him ! :D

Edited by BenduKundalini

Love that Aric now has a sniper rifle. Goes very well with his lore. Much better than the cannon. However I did like him and I taking on the world with big 'uns! :D

It's not like this is an either or decisions, just make it so he can use both and please both camps. I frankly hate that so many companions have been turned into snipers instead of using the assault cannons, tech staffs, etc that they used to.

• 4 years later...