Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

xeikonburns

Hey there Devs,

yesterday i noticed that the invasion participation on a given planet is only startable with the character that owns guildmaster rights not by my officers or even my own alts (which own exactly the same permissions as the guildmaster char except beeing the real "guildmaster")

Even if it's no problem for my guildies to wait until i start the event after returning home from work, i see problems with beeing on vacation and such - which would mean, if i'm off for holidays the guild could not participate in the invasion until i return. And even though it's possible to give guildleader position to one of my officers as long as i'm away, i really don't think that should be the only possible way, nor is this solution really elegant ...

Why isn't there any setting or guild permission to allow my officers (and my alts) to start the event ?

Will something like that be offered in the future ?

Edited by xeikonburns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never use these forums but this issue was enough for me to come in and agree with op.

We had a real life example with this problem yesterday. Our guild leader gave me permissions for the ship, so I moved it to the planet we wanted to invade and setup orbital support. Our entire guild was looking for the bonus but we got nothing. Our guild leader has not logged in since the beginning of the week and sometimes doesn't have time to come online. He bank rolls and manages things, but clearly if only the leader can start invasion that is a problem, one that my guild is experiencing right now.

Even if the current bonuses for conquest that we've gained get added to the score, we still missed out on the double or triple points bonuses those planets give.

Hopefully they change the way this is implemented, life happens and for one person only to be able to start this awesome new feature is a bit shortsighted.

The problem the developers are trying to prevent, I imagine, is having a miscommunication or mistaken assumption result in the wrong planet being invaded by a guild. The fact that once you commit to invading a planet, you are locked in for the entire week means that one mistake could mess up hundreds of players' week in the game if it's a large guild.

Being able to assign driving or decorating privileges to officers is not equivalent as any decisions made there are instantly reversible.

If it is absolutely critical that the invasion decision is made within hours of the lockout reset, have your Guildmaster log into their toon for one minute before they go to work in the morning to click the button. If they are going on vacation, have them pass leadership to their most trusted officer.

The problem the developers are trying to prevent, I imagine, is having a miscommunication or mistaken assumption result in the wrong planet being invaded by a guild. The fact that once you commit to invading a planet, you are locked in for the entire week means that one mistake could mess up hundreds of players' week in the game if it's a large guild.

Being able to assign driving or decorating privileges to officers is not equivalent as any decisions made there are instantly reversible.

If it is absolutely critical that the invasion decision is made within hours of the lockout reset, have your Guildmaster log into their toon for one minute before they go to work in the morning to click the button. If they are going on vacation, have them pass leadership to their most trusted officer.

If someone is guildmaster of a guild who cannot trust their officers to initiate a conquest invasion correctly, then I doubt they'd want to hand guild leadership to them either! Passing leadership is hardly a viable solution.

Also, what might be "before you go to work" for one time zone will be a different time of day in another time zone. for example, conquest reset time is 12:00 GMT / UTC in EU.

So, this needs patching so that officers can initiate invasion (if the guild leader wishes to delegate).

I agree myself. Our GM is currently on vacation, and as such unable to log. Which cuts us out of Conquest for at least this week. :eek:

And seeing at how things work judging from this thread, I'll have to relate the news now. Which saddens me a lot. :(

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

You have to assign a "Gold Key" to your trusted members. This allows them to decorated and move the ship. My issues is that they need to assign Decor to a silver key. They are members that would be good at decorating but not at pilot the ship and making invasion decisions.

You have to assign a "Gold Key" to your trusted members. This allows them to decorated and move the ship. My issues is that they need to assign Decor to a silver key. They are members that would be good at decorating but not at pilot the ship and making invasion decisions.

I believe you misread the OP.

The issue is not the assignment of keys but rather the fact that ONLY(!) the GM can kick-in the invasion of a planet, regardless of who has Gold Keys.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Keep this up so we may get any response by the devs or Eric / Hillary / Tait / Courtney !

Yes, you've misread my initial post - moving and decorating the ship works perfectly with the gold keys assigned, but thats not my concern ;)

I'm based in the UK so unless I happen to be off work my guild will always have to wait several hours for me to log in after conquest events start :(

The bronze keys are pointless - every guild member should be given the ability to go to the guild ship when they log in. I'd like to see Bronze for inviting non guildies, Silver for decorating privileges and Gold for move/invade privileges.

Would also be nice if my alts automatically inherited my guild leader privileges but we've been asking for that one since before launch...

Based on my limited testing, "invading" doesn't actually have anything to do with where your ship is, or the stronghold system. There is an "Invade" button on the planet name in the conquest UI, and I invaded Balmorra this week while the ship was still at Makeb. Later I moved it to Balmorra with no ill consequences. I'm not going to risk losing our points by testing moving it away right now, but I can verify that you don't lose points by just moving the drop location on planet. My gut tells me the ship can be moved anywhere and it doesn't matter, but I'll test for sure next week.

The bottom line here is that I don't think they can tie an invasion permission to keys. It would have to be a new general permission, and they have been pretty hesitant to add those. There are quite a few things only the the GM can do.

Edited by XavinNydek

I really do hope this issue gets resolved. Guild leader should be able to pass along whatever privileges to their officers however they seem fit.

our guild leader gave me permission to move our ship for the last conquest, I was able to move the ship, however starting conquest was never given to me as an option. and being that I thought I had permission to start the conquest I thought the whole thing was bug, so I attempted to move the ship to other nodes on the planet, and still nothing. so I moved it to other planets. Still nothing. this whole moving of the ship cost 90k credits or so. not that big of a deal, but still a loss none the less because the devs failed to acknowledge to players that only guild leaders can start conquest.

I even went to the point of submitting a ticket about the matter, and I got an interesting response.

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center."

so I would recommend that we all submit this issue as a bug report.