EC not Melee friendly???????

Sentinel with FULL Rakata

We were doing EC HM 8-man other night and I'm having a hard time surviving Toth and Zorn.

I'm looking for a video or something that can help me understand more of my role in this match.

I survived it no problem in story mode but HM is kicking my butt. It would also be helpful on when some other sentinels use their cool downs on these.

I usually stay on Toth the whole time unless i need to switch due to somebody else with a debuff on them. The crazy thing is he usually kills me when he stomps (the 1400/1500 dmg stomp). I was replaced in the raid with a rdps and they eventually killed them. Sad part is, WHEN I'm alive I'm #1 dps on parser. Also using 1 range healer and 1 sage healer but the sage healer is not AOE healing. They have the team standing back in an area they can dps and heal from a distance. I was the only melee dps ....<<<<< sucks to me be atm.

Any idea on what I can do to survive this assault.

Sentinel with FULL Rakata

We were doing EC HM 8-man other night and I'm having a hard time surviving Toth and Zorn.

I'm looking for a video or something that can help me understand more of my role in this match.

I survived it no problem in story mode but HM is kicking my butt. It would also be helpful on when some other sentinels use their cool downs on these.

I usually stay on Toth the whole time unless i need to switch due to somebody else with a debuff on them. The crazy thing is he usually kills me when he stomps (the 1400/1500 dmg stomp). I was replaced in the raid with a rdps and they eventually killed them. Sad part is, WHEN I'm alive I'm #1 dps on parser. Also using 1 range healer and 1 sage healer but the sage healer is not AOE healing. They have the team standing back in an area they can dps and heal from a distance. I was the only melee dps ....<<<<< sucks to me be atm.

Any idea on what I can do to survive this assault.

Hi, Marauder here, so obviously better side of the mirror :)

Heh, kidding aside. Basically, stay on Toth the whole time. No switching. Never. Get that nonsense out of your head.

Run out when he berserks, unless you've got the yellow circle on you. Don't stand in red or purple circles.

That's it. Tell your healers to stop being so dam lazy.

Edited by dragonfor

So Toth

Stay away form red/purple circles.

Beserks?????? When he goes in stay of throwing rocks or when he jumps and stomps ground????

When he jumps and stomps I can not run out fast enough.

The red circles I get away from them but I guess not far enough from them....

I watched

and he makes it look so easy..... It was that easy for me in story mode but so far not hard mode.

So Toth

Stay away form red/purple circles.

Beserks?????? When he goes in stay of throwing rocks or when he jumps and stomps ground????

When he jumps and stomps I can not run out fast enough.

The red circles I get away from them but I guess not far enough from them....

I watched

and he makes it look so easy..... It was that easy for me in story mode but so far not hard mode.
I stopped watching when I saw him jump right to Zorn.

Alright, stay on Toth and only Toth. He keeps jumping throughout the fight. The melee just need to be healed through this. Hence my comment about your healers need to stop being lazy. Every 20% if memory serves correctly (I don't think it does at the moment, sorry) he will do a soft enrage. If you're melee, you need to get the **** away from Toth. The way to break this enrage, is there will be a random person in the group who will get targeted with a yellow circle. This person needs to run to Toth and stand on him until the circle turns purple. When the circle turns purple, Zorn throws a rock and this will break Toth's enrage. When enrage is broken, jump back and continue to DPS.

The person with the circle will be taking the big AoE jump damage, so healers need to keep this person topped off.

No idea why people are saying you should be staying on Toth and only Toth throughout the whole fight. As a Marauder, when Toth frenzies and someone in the raid has the yellow circle (presuming it is not me) I can get a force charge to Zorn before taking any damage from Toth's ground pound aoe. I put up cloak of pain to reduce some of the damage you take from Zorn, but it really isn't much (especially compared to being in range of a frenzied Toth), then stack up some dots on Zorn as he starts to cast Baradium Boulder (the huge rock he fires at the purple circle placement) and jump back to Toth as soon as it hits.

Basically, Toth most of the fight, except when he frenzies, then jump and dps Zorn while someone runs the yellow circle to Toth. For my ops group it is a very tight enrage fight, and that combined with their soft enrage below 10% means we really can't afford periods of the fight where our dps aren't going hard on atleast 1 of the bosses.

hello, my guild currently runs HM EC with 2 melee dps. We get them to stay on toth for most of the fight until he enrages, When this happens they run to the sage for aoe heals if needed and if not run over to zorn and dps for a little bit. Once the yellow reticle has been placed on toth and his beserk removed they go back to toth.

IF you are not standing at max melee range you are liable to get hit by his cleave. Its easily avoided if you dont stand on him but rather just in range to use ur attacks. The stomp isn't so bad and is easily healed through.

we never have a problem with our enrage and our melee dps actually top the charts on this fight currently.

I'm beginning to think that the soft enrage is what was killing me.

If I'm reading right................ then

I need to move away when the yellow circle is placed on somebody (unless is is me). Move away means dps zorn or go get aoe heals........

Don't listen to the people telling you that you shouldn't attack zorn. When toth goes berserk, leap to zorn to avoid the berserk stomp and go back to attacking toth when you see Zorn throw the large rock at him. Other than that all you have to do is avoid the red reticles on the ground and you should do perfectly fine.

From the sounds of it, your healers aren't doing a good enough job or you're taking far too much damage from the stomps. If you absolutely have to, use saber ward or cloak of pain during the reticles phases. This will help you mitigate damage. You really shouldn't have any problems outside of that. The stomp Toth does in Hard Mode shouldn't be killing you unless your healers are slacking.

Tks for info.....

I don't think it is the healers... some of the best on Republic side......

I will give it a go this week again.... I think I was getting hit with the soft enrage by toth. I will dps zorn during this phase....

i will let ya know how i turn out..............

Our DPS don't swap at all. We just leave melee on Toth the whole time. Even with double damage, it's easy to heal through on Hard Mode. The only damage the melee are taking is from Smash in that phase, and that's not difficult to heal through. Your tank should have a CD going through the Berserk, and the Zorn tank doesn't take much damage at all during that phase, so healers can pretty easily focus on the Toth side.

Our DPS don't swap at all. We just leave melee on Toth the whole time. Even with double damage, it's easy to heal through on Hard Mode. The only damage the melee are taking is from Smash in that phase, and that's not difficult to heal through. Your tank should have a CD going through the Berserk, and the Zorn tank doesn't take much damage at all during that phase, so healers can pretty easily focus on the Toth side.

This. The guys on Zorn aren't going to take much damage during that phase. Just as well, you said you were getting hit by rocks. This SHOULD NOT be happening. Watch the Methodical video; the bosses should be far enough apart so that the rocks won't hit anyone on Toth (remember, it's only a 30 meter range).

We had two sage healers and would have the healer on Zorn drop an aoe on the two melee on the Toth side during berserk (Bear shirt). Also, being a sentinel with your aoe damage reduction, your healer shouldn't have a problem keeping you up. He should be dropping aoe heals on Toth. We run with a Vanguard DPS and a Sentinel as well. The vanguard will sometimes have to pop his bubble and adrenaline rush, and if the healer really needs help we have him run out and dps Zorn, but this is highly unwanted. The dps need to be putting their balls to the wall throughout the whole fight.

Edited by Jinxblog

Your topic says EC, yet you're only talking about the first boss. Okay. Our 8-man has cleared HM EC (pre-fixes, I guess, now that today's patch is out), and our melee DPS routinely beat out our ranged DPS in each fight -- executes help a lot in that respect.

If you're dying to Toth's 1500-damage stomps then you're either leaving out where all of your OTHER damage taken is coming from, or your healers are retarded. Like others are saying, stay on Toth the whole time unless one of Zorn's DPS gets Fearful and needs to switch temporarily. Don't stand in red beacons during the AoE phase. If you're on Hard Mode, be nice to your healers and out-range Toth's initial stomp after he goes berserk, then charge back in.

We do a dps swap right before the leap and it works like a charm. I think our melee actually do better in this fight because they can keep strong attacks up through movement phases. It took us a few attempts to figure this fight but can now beat it on HM using the swap move and helping healers by using cool downs on toth pounces.