[Spoiler] 2nd act of imperial agent story. *** Bioware

Sewerus

Yo,

So *** bioware, i started playing imperial agent to play as a servant of the empire, to be a part of Intelligence agency.

At act 2 i am brainwashed no to fullfeel my mission, what a weak way to tell the story, very weak.

If i wanted to play on republic side i would have choosen republic class, this is totally weak and against my conviction as servant of the empire, and i won't be playing imperial agent ever again.

Being double agent is one thing, but choosing such weak way, to stop progressing on imperial story line and working for republic.

Yes, this is rant thread, because i started the imperial agent because of different reasons.

/end rant

Sew

I think this is very effective for the story and does a good job of giving you a bit darker atmosphere. The republic has literally taken away your free will at the mention of a phrase, you still can make choices as a servant of the empire during act two, heck, early in act two you can get some revenge against some.

I otherwise think that this was a very good part of the story, though the only thing about it that bugs me is that none of the companions who see you obviously brainwashed don't speak about it.

Yo,

So *** bioware, i started playing imperial agent to play as a servant of the empire, to be a part of Intelligence agency.

At act 2 i am brainwashed no to fullfeel my mission, what a weak way to tell the story, very weak.

If i wanted to play on republic side i would have choosen republic class, this is totally weak and against my conviction as servant of the empire, and i won't be playing imperial agent ever again.

Being double agent is one thing, but choosing such weak way, to stop progressing on imperial story line and working for republic.

Yes, this is rant thread, because i started the imperial agent because of different reasons.

/end rant

Sew

You're missing out on the best part where you can turn against the brainwash and work against the Republic, but apparently you didn't care enough to find out for yourself if you can sabotage the Republic from within.

While it was horrible to be brainwashed and force into doing things you don't want to; keep in mind that you're still an Imperial and that you can still try to sabotage their experiments. Also, I won't reveal when or how, but you will try to find a way to break free of the brainwash and then you'll be free again. I would really recommend you to play it through, it's a really good story even though it's a bit annoying that you're forced.

But from my POW, it makes it better that everything isn't all green hills and pretty flowers. A bit of frustration and sad moments make a story much better, at least for me.

Yo,

/end rant

Sew

You are completely missing the point of the brainwashing. You would have been a double. Have you finished Chapter 2? If not wait. If you did finish chapter 2 I can hold you hand and explain the purpose of the brainwashing being revealed in tiny words. Sorry if I sound snarky there but the end of Chapter 2 explains EXACTLY what purpose in the Story the brainwashing serves...

Hint you were never supposed to hear the code words.

Also if you don't want to be a double agent... appearing to betray your side to inflitrate the other... NEVER play a spy in a game... it's one of the most common plots out there.

Edited by Ghisallo

Yeah, uh, I got no idea what your problem with it is.

Its well handled throughout Act 2, doesn't block you from doing other pro-Imperial stuff (you need to maintain your cover, after all...), and it has a great payoff.

I have issues with teh Agent storyline in places, but none of them have to do with Act 2's mind control stuff. Hell, I would've loved it if...

A similar element was added to the Jedi Knight story after the Emperor captures you, making you have to act while mind controlled as you slowly try to fight it off throughout Belsavis. Better than having it be a five minute side swap, at least.

A similar element was added to the Jedi Knight story after the Emperor captures you, making you have to act while mind controlled as you slowly try to fight it off throughout Belsavis. Better than having it be a five minute side swap, at least.

Yeah, I played the Jedi Knight last and was really hyped with the thought that this was going to be like the agent, only more ****** because you were fighting off the control of the GODDAMN Emperor! But sadly, it takes a one minuet talk from your master to snap you out of it.....Lamest...brainwashing....EVER. Makes Revan look like a weakling for falling for it so easily.

Yeah, I played the Jedi Knight last and was really hyped with the thought that this was going to be like the agent, only more ****** because you were fighting off the control of the gosh darn Emperor! But sadly, it takes a one minuet talk from your master to snap you out of it.....Lamest...brainwashing....EVER. Makes Revan look like a weakling for falling for it so easily.

That's basically the difference between the Jedi Knight story and the Agent story: When Agent's story had a choice between taking a risk or playing it safe, usually they'd go for the risky play. And most of the time... the Knight story would take the safe route, no matter how strong the end of Act 1 was.

Yeah, I played the Jedi Knight last and was really hyped with the thought that this was going to be like the agent, only more ****** because you were fighting off the control of the gosh darn Emperor! But sadly, it takes a one minuet talk from your master to snap you out of it.....Lamest...brainwashing....EVER. Makes Revan look like a weakling for falling for it so easily.

Why do you think I consider the JK to be one of the weakest stories out of the 8.

Why do you think I consider the JK to be one of the weakest stories out of the 8.

Its actually one of my favorites, even with the flaws. A lot of that is predicated on Act 1, which is my second favorite Act 1 story (...second to Agent, of course).

It's actually to the point that I often prefer to rank, not the complete stories, but the halves, since Act 1 tends to be self-contained, building to a strong climax, and Act 2 and 3 are a second story, sometimes dealing with some fallout from Act 1, but usually just its own thing.

Knight 2/3, Smuggler 2/3 and Consular 1 are all really weak (my opinion, ymmv), but Knight 1, Smuggler 1 and Consular 2/3 are much stronger, and it seems... unfair to ignore that disparity in ranking the stories.

Its actually one of my favorites, even with the flaws. A lot of that is predicated on Act 1, which is my second favorite Act 1 story (...second to Agent, of course).

It's actually to the point that I often prefer to rank, not the complete stories, but the halves, since Act 1 tends to be self-contained, building to a strong climax, and Act 2 and 3 are a second story, sometimes dealing with some fallout from Act 1, but usually just its own thing.

Knight 2/3, Smuggler 2/3 and Consular 1 are all really weak (my opinion, ymmv), but Knight 1, Smuggler 1 and Consular 2/3 are much stronger, and it seems... unfair to ignore that disparity in ranking the stories.

I defiantly noticed that about the acts throughout the game, act 1 seems to just be a self contained story that introduces your character to the galaxy, while Acts 2 and 3 are one story that take your character on a larger scale.

Also, anyone noticed that almost all the main villan's of the class quest are usually introduced properly in the second Act?

• Hunter
  • Thanton
  • The First Son
  • The Jedi from the BH story (Forgot his name)
  • Rakton

True, but problem is for the smuggler, they built too good of a badguy in act one then 2/3 was just a "What do we do from here."

IMHO most of the stories should of been built on the Agent model where choices you make early have far reaching effects later on.

Most are a one track ride regardless of what you do. In the end you reach the same destination. The agent, there are multiple paths, and multiple endings you can choose from. Should of been more like that.

Yo,

/end rant

Sew

What on earth are you talking about? There is litterally NOTHING in the story that prevents you from serving the Empire.

You are an Imperial Agent sent to be a double Agent and "work" for the Republic when in reality you are going to destroy the operation from within. That is EXACTLY what an Imperial Agent would do. The Brainwashing occured because you

defeated a Dark Council member and as such you cant be trusted. Thats what happens when you serve the Empire

In short, stop throwing a hissy fit because the story isnt gumdrops and rainbows showing the Empire as a wonderful place. You are an Imperial Agent, so act like it because the game gives you a great chance to play as a loyal servant of the Empire

Personally I prefer the screw you both ******s I'm going independent ending. After all after what both side do to you serving any of them seems stupid

Especially if u played a Chiss like I did and was feeling the urge to scream "f you, you racist mother fffers!!!!s" by the end.