Kaggath Tournament - Dark Imperium vs Undying Brotherhood

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 1: The Dark Imperium vs The Undying Brotherhood

Welcome to first round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’ Runner-Up Bracket, where the defeated and disgraced have the chance to redeem their honour, and challenge the future Kaggath Champion.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s revisit the ground rules of the Semi-Finals:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: Selenial is returning with her shadowy ensemble of assassins, schemers, and Marcelo with an ancient armada of Sith power. Behold the factions!

The Dark Imperium

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Traya

Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench

Allies: Darth Maul & HK-47

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Military

Minor Ground Force: Shadow Stormtrooper Legion & Sith Assassins

Major Naval Force: Open Circle Fleet & Malgus’ Stealth Fleet

Planets

Capital: Raxus Secundus

Supply Base: Raxus Prime

Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V

Stronghold/Military Base: Saleucami

Shipyards: Bonadan

vs

The Undying Brotherhood

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Malgus

Second-in-Command: General Grievous

Allies: Durge & Asajj Ventress

Supplier: Commerce Guild

Military

Minor Ground Force: Sith Warriors (resurgent Sith Empire) & Massassi Warriors

Major Naval Force: Revan’s Sith Navy

Planets

Capital: Dromund Kaas

Supply Base: Korriban

Stronghold/Military Base: Yavin 4

Stronghold/Military Base: Ziost

Shipyards: Lianna

Before us are a pair of powerful alliances comprised of some of the most dominate Sith powers of the Old Republic era. The Dark Imperium has chosen the path of the assassin, and the Undying Brotherhood the path of the juggernaut – but who is greater, who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: The Darth Maul in question is, at Selenial's request, Maul at the height of his power i.e. the Darth Maul we see in battle against Darth Sidious with all the weapons, abilities etc. he possessed at that time.

Unfortunately I have to ask if we are sure that is Maul at the height of his power?

My first few comparisons:

• Sith Assassins vs the Sith Warriors. Simples, the Sith Assassins can mask their presence, and were designed to kill force users. Relentless assassins bound to Traya's will, they'd take down the Warriors no problem.

• Maul vs Ventress, we've seen it, we know how it goes down. Ventress dies, simple as.

• Maul vs Malgus... Close, I think maul would win it... But that's debatable I guess.

• Maul can easily become the next Sion, fueled by his Rage he's survived being chopped in Half. With Traya at the helm he'd be able to pretty much immortalize himself.

• Maul and Traya are a virtually unkillable team, Her incredible proficiency in the force, and his adept abilities in Saber combat, telekinesis and Dun Moch, having showed skill in holding off two aggressive saber fighters... Well, it'd be a slaughter.

• As for grevious, we've already seen a few Gungans with Pikes take him down due to sheer Numbers, the Assassins would fare even better.

• Santhe/Sienar have the schematics to the Rakatan ships, the Interdictors... Suddenly, Rakata ships, not so unique.

• Traya knows Korriban inside out, so do the Assassins, I'd imagine it would be quite an easy capture for their stealthed forces...

• I haz dem smexeh fighter dominance, and my Fleet has no open weaknesses... Revans fleet however was susceptible to strike teams because their fighters sucked and they couldn't even shoot them down.

• Saleucami... Cloning tanks. 'Nuff said.

Evidence suggests so.

What evidence? I would think that he was at his height in TPM. Where did he get additional training? where did he get the ability to pull on more power from the force when he LOST living tissue something that caused Vader to be nocked down a couple pegs until he learned to deal with it after 20 years. Is it just because he did well against a palps that may or may not have been holding back? Was it because he did well against an Obi-wan who was still transitioning into the Soresu master we would come to know him as and whom Maul was winning against until he became to cocky? what evidence?

What evidence? I would think that he was at his height in TPM. Where did he get additional training? where did he get the ability to pull on more power from the force when he LOST living tissue something that caused Vader to be nocked down a couple pegs until he learned to deal with it after 20 years. Is it just because he did well against a palps that may or may not have been holding back? Was it because he did well against an Obi-wan who was still transitioning into the Soresu master we would come to know him as and whom Maul was winning against until he became to cocky? what evidence?

Maul put down Kenobi like a dog.

Maul fought Palpatine for a decent amount of time, Palpatine had to resort to the force BOTH times to distract him...

And that sigh, that battle sigh can't be mis-interpreted...

Maul also showed ability to chain force into his attacks a lot more frequently in TCW.... And Dun-Moch's importance was finally showed to him...

Having personal Knowledge of Ventress, He'd utilize it.

And Honestly, I think Ventress will Defect.

Maul fought Palpatine for a decent amount of time, Palpatine had to resort to the force BOTH times to distract him...

Maul also showed ability to chain force into his attacks a lot more frequently in TCW.... And Dun-Moch's importance was finally showed to him...

Someone be forgetting about poor ol Durge. :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Again Kenobi still transitioning so not exactly Kenobi in his height and he was able to beat Kenobi in TPM as well so nothing more then he had done in the past.

I have watched the fight over and over with Palps Vs Maul and Savage and there is nothing pointing to him not holding back as a means to give Maul false hope just to wrench it away.

I will give you Dun Mach and chaining force attacks but I would think this was to compensate for the weaknesses he gained from the loss of limbs. That being said compensating for those weaknesses is often all it takes to become better then you were before so that last bit is why he is better he lost some saber ability but compensated by more readily relying on the force and using Dun Mach to off balance his opponent.

A Defection is on the cards for the same reasons as last time, except durge would simply be bored of fighting Shadows.

Let's also not forget the glory of shatterpoint.

Shadow storm troopers are to close to being similar to the mandalorians which are his prey of choice he would stay on Malgus's side just to get a chance to kill them.

Again Kenobi still transitioning so not exactly Kenobi in his height and he was able to beat Kenobi in TPM as well so nothing more then he had done in the past.

I have watched the fight over and over with Palps Vs Maul and Savage and there is nothing pointing to him not holding back as a means to give Maul false hope just to wrench it away.

I will give you Dun Mach and chaining force attacks but I would think this was to compensate for the weaknesses he gained from the loss of limbs. That being said compensating for those weaknesses is often all it takes to become better then you were before so that last bit is why he is better he lost some saber ability but compensated by more readily relying on the force and using Dun Mach to off balance his opponent.

It was towards the end of the Clone wars, how much further did he get? :p

Palpatine sighed. He was tired. That's the ONLY hint we have on wether he was holding back or not, and it seems to say he wasn't... I don't deny Palpatine could destroy him in an instant, the point was his bladework couldn't.

Oh, and weren't his legs restored by Nightsister magic? So his legs were literally the force... If anything, it'd empower him more. However as we have no proof, I say we just say his ability in the force was NOT diminished.

And his rage was so overwhelmingly powerful it fueled his force energy...

Shadow storm troopers are to close to being similar to the mandalorians which are his prey of choice he would stay on Malgus's side just to get a chance to kill them.

They're NOTHING like mandalorians o.0

I have no idea where you got that from...

And the point is, not being able to fight on his own terms will annoy him.

It was towards the end of the Clone wars, how much further did he get? :p

Palpatine sighed. He was tired. That's the ONLY hint we have on wether he was holding back or not, and it seems to say he wasn't... I don't deny Palpatine could destroy him in an instant, the point was his bladework couldn't.

Oh, and weren't his legs restored by Nightsister magic? So his legs were literally the force... If anything, it'd empower him more. However as we have no proof, I say we just say his ability in the force was NOT diminished.

And his rage was so overwhelmingly powerful it fueled his force energy...

He sighed out of boredom it seemed to me.