The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Beniboybling

DISCLAIMER: This is not another one of those 'who's the most powerful Jedi/Sith etc.' threads

- gimme a chance! :D

OK, so I'm sure you're all aware that those kinda threads pop up all the time, and while its fun to give your opinion it never really gets anywhere in the end. So I thought I'd make a thread were we can discuss/debate who the real most powerful Force users are. Which will consist of a list of ten. I'm not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful Force users are, I'm hoping to do this one position at a time.

However in accordance with G-Canon, first and second place will be fixed. There is no room for debate here, you may disagree but this is a G-Canon respecting thread and I don't want this to collapse into another Vitiate vs Sidious debate. Also, I'm going to exclude deities etc. such as the Ones, Abeloth and the rest.

Anyway, so behold the template!

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Darth Sidious

^^ The above, according to G-Canon are the most powerful Jedi and Sith respectively and Luke Skywalker the most powerful Force user as he achieved the full potential of the Chosen One and so grew stronger than Sidious.

3. Yoda

4. Darth Caedus

5. Sith Emperor

6. Darth Plagueis

7. Galen Marek

8. Exar Kun

9. Master Fay

10. Vader

As you can imagine, I'll update this thread as we go along. And if it gets enough attention and doesn't collapse into a flame war I might try and compile a list for most powerful Sith and most powerful Jedi. I'm hoping that once this list is done it will be a go-to source for when threads of this kind come up. And can become our own sort of 'forum-canon'.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I suggest, we also not include amps in this? Meaning no places, techniques and such where the User has amped beyond what they are. IE: No Oneness, Korriban, Malachor, Vjun, Vapaad, Valley of the Jedi etc and so forth. This way its only coming from the User's own power, no amps just themselves. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Might I suggest, we also not include amps in this? Meaning no places, techniques and such where the User has amped beyond what they are. IE: No Oneness, Korriban, Malachor, Vjun, Vapaad, Valley of the Jedi etc and so forth. This way its only coming from the User's own power, no amps just themselves.
Yeah I think we should take that into account. Nihilus' power is something that will come into question.

Come on people enough chatter. :p

Who gets the No. 3 slot?

EDIT: Not looking for a list remember.

The issue with making a definitive list is that there are so many people who could fit into a single spot.

Bearing that in mind, number 3 is between Yoda and Darth Caedus.

Yeah I think we should take that into account. Nihilus' power is something that will come into question.

Nihilus' power is him just being one big vacuum. Not to say he isn't powerful, its just...his Force Drain is all that he does...literally he sucks in just about everything else. (No pun intended)

Edit: Hm Aurbere, brings up a point. I always seem to forget about the later people lol. Though didn't Caedus have trouble with Mara? I know that he also fought Luke, but wasn't Luke still injured from his prior fight with Lumiya? Couldn't he have actually just ended the duel, if he wasn't scared of falling to the darkside? Which...doesn't make sense, given he killed Lumiya in cold blood.

But anyway I give the 3rd spot to Yoda and here is why.

==

Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chamber, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two engaged in a spectacular duel—a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force’s light and dark sides.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Now I could just stop there, but nahh i'll go FURTHER!

===

Dooku saw that he had been tricked. He had no doubt now that he and Lorian had been made team captains deliberately. The Jedi Council had wanted to pit them against each other to see how deep the tensions were.

"Tricked you were not," Yoda said, as if he'd read Dooku's thoughts.

--Taken from Legacy of the Jedi

Reading Dooku's thoughts.

Narrowing his eyes, Yoda reached out through the Force and caught her not three meters from the ground. Instantly he was in the air himself, spinning away from Dooku's vicious attack before he was even consciously aware it was coming.

--Taken from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

Reacts to Dooku before he is even aware of him.

And he had given a demonstration. Three members of the council—Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, and Depa Billaba, excellent fighters all—had come forward and attacked him. Master Yoda had not been armed, and had not seemed to move more than a meter or so, his tread slow and measured. Nevertheless, none of the three had been able to lay a finger on him.

--Taken from Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Moves fast enough that three members of the council couldn't touch him, he was unarmed.

The Jedi Master Yoda confronted Dooku. The two engaged in a titanic struggle of Force powers, neither besting the other. It came down to a contest of lightsabers. In a blurring tangle of speed and light, the two masters of the Force dueled.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Yoda and Dooku moving in blurs during their duel.

Then their blades clashed together in a lace of fire, green and red: but the green burned hotter. Slowly, slowly, Dooku gave way: and in the dark, drunken Vjun air, Yoda was terrible to behold.

Another moving faster then Dooku even.

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.

--Taken from Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

Self explanatory.

Deep in his meditations, peering through the dark side, Master Yoda felt a sudden surge of anger, of outrage beyond control. The diminutive Master's eyes popped open wide at the overwhelming strength of that rage.

And then he heard a voice, a familiar voice, crying, "No, Anakin! No! Don't! No!"

It was Qui-Gon. Yoda knew it was Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon was dead, had become one with the Force! One could not retain consciousness and sense of self in that state; one could not speak from beyond the grave. But Yoda had heard the ghostly call, and in his deep meditative state, his thoughts focused as precisely as they had ever been, the Jedi Master knew that he had not been mistaken. He wanted to focus on that, then, perhaps to try to follow that call back to the ghostly source, but he could not, overwhelmed again by that surge of rage and pain and...power.

He made a noise and lurched forward, then came out of his trance as his door opened and Mace Windu rushed in.

"What is it?" Mace asked.

"Pain. Suffering. Death! I fear something terrible has happened. Young Skywalker is in pain. Terrible pain."

He didn't tell Mace the rest of it, that somehow Anakin's rush of agony manifesting in the Force had tapped into the spirit of the dead Jedi Master who had discovered him.

Yoda sensing Anakin's pain across the galaxy.

Yoda surrendered himself to the current of the Force. Sometimes, when the current was swift and steadfast, he could see through the eyes of his fellow Jedi, almost as if they were the Temple's remote sensors.

--Taken from Labyrinth of Evil

Able to see through the eyes of his fellow Jedi.

Explosive decompression sucked all the air out of the docking bay, plucking chairs, papers, tools, small craft, and most importantly the four assassin droids, and flinging them into the black vault of space. The howling wind nearly jerked Chuff out of the lift tube to follow them, but Master Yoda's hand held him back. A pocket of air remained in the lift, held there by Yoda's will.

Alter Environment

I would post more, my for some reason the comic scans won't show up probably because the site changed.

Among that Yoda has also used Battle Meditation during the battle of Kashyyyk(another comic scan, can't post), Force Concealment, Force Light.

Other things people should already know, that he could use TK, Farsight, Force Absorb/Deflection. Also being able to hold his own against Sidious, without any amp...sure he lost but it wasn't a stomp for Sidious.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The issue with making a definitive list is that there are so many people who could fit into a single spot.

Bearing that in mind, number 3 is between Yoda and Darth Caedus.

Well yes and no, in a pitched battle between people close in power in can go either way. But raw power? Its always quite definitive.

Nonetheless, I'd say Vitiate outranks Caedus and Yoda. I mean they are powerful but they haven't performed feats on the level that he has.

Nihilus' power is him just being one big vacuum. Not to say he isn't powerful, its just...his Force Drain is all that he does...literally he sucks in just about everything else. (No pun intended)

Darth Nihilus' telekinetic abilities are immense. He pulls the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V, and holds it together through his will. Even if we exclude Force Drain, he should be in the number 4 spot.

Darth Nihilus' telekinetic abilities are immense. He pulls the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V, and holds it together through his will. Even if we exclude Force Drain, he should be in the number 4 spot.

On Malachor V....that is an amp, not his own power. But yes quite right he did do it on the ship. Though now wait...are we just including raw power here or we encompassing all feats?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well yes and no, in a pitched battle between people close in power in can go either way. But raw power? Its always quite definitive.

Nonetheless, I'd say Vitiate outranks Caedus and Yoda. I mean they are powerful but they haven't performed feats on the level that he has.

Nihilus outranks Vitiate.

I don't think Vitiate could defeat Yoda or Caedus, but if we go from raw power, I'm only at a maybe.

But were does that power come from? Force drain not only sucks the power from the victim but empowers the user. In that sense he could have been drawing on the dark side energies of Malachor to lift that ship out of orbit.

This is something that has been rattling around in my head for a while now. Whether Nihilus has real power or if he's just a man attached to a wound in the Force. I also recently came across this quote which made be sway to the latter:

"There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls." ~ Kreia.

Now yes much of what Kreia says is metaphorical or just too cryptic to make sense of, but here she seems to be saying what I'm saying. That he's just a big black hole munching stuff up. Remove the wound and what is he, a man? An average Jedi. Given that he only rose to prominence post-Malachor I would think this.

And for that reason, he wouldn't make the list at all. Just my thoughts.

Nihilus outranks Vitiate.

I don't think Vitiate could defeat Yoda or Caedus, but if we go from raw power, I'm only at a maybe.

Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?
On Malachor V....that is an amp, not his own power. But yes quite right he did do it on the ship. Though now wait...are we just including raw power here or we encompassing all feats?
The difference being? As long as the feat is not coming from an amp its a display of power no?

But were does that power come from? Force drain not only sucks the power from the victim but empowers the user. In that sense he could have been drawing on the dark side energies of Malachor to lift that ship out of orbit.

This is something that has been rattling around in my head for a while now. Whether Nihilus has real power or if he's just a man attached to a wound in the Force. I also recently came across this quote which made be sway to the latter:

"There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls." ~ Kreia.

Now yes much of what Kreia says is metaphorical or just too cryptic to make sense of, but here she seems to be saying what I'm saying. That he's just a big black hole munching stuff up. Remove the wound and what is he, a man? An average Jedi. Given that he only rose to prominence post-Malachor I would think this.

And for that reason, he wouldn't make the list at all. Just my thoughts.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not an expert on Nihilus. I guess we could just exclude him based on him being a wound of this caliber.

Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?

He managed to hold off Sidious' lightning. Vitiate's lightning doesn't compare.

Edited by Aurbere

Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?The difference being? As long as the feat is not coming from an amp its a display of power no?

Ok then....I move to put Yoda in 3rd, I don't see where Vitiate would win against Yoda. Yoda was the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke so he takes the 3rd spot, not to mention being able to hold his own against Sidious among other things.

He managed to hold off Sidious' lightning. Vitiate's lightning doesn't compare.
Ok then....I move to put Yoda in 3rd, I don't see where Vitiate would win against Yoda. Yoda was the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke so he takes the 3rd spot, not to mention being able to hold his own against Sidious among other things.
Mmmm... both true. And arguably Sidious was overwhelmed by Yoda, and the energies simply exploded. So yeah, Yoda seems the strongest candidate.

Mmmm... both true. And arguably Sidious was overwhelmed by Yoda, and the energies simply exploded. So yeah, Yoda seems the strongest candidate.

To be honest, I only mentioned Caedus because of a Yoda vs Caedus thread a long time back. I argued for Yoda then, and I'll argue for him now. Yoda FTW!

To be honest, I only mentioned Caedus because of a Yoda vs Caedus thread a long time back. I argued for Yoda then, and I'll argue for him now. Yoda FTW!
Yoda it is! No 4.?

P.S. About Caedus, I can't pretend to know much about him. But his 'Force abilities' page just doesn't pop out to me. I mean the guys in the top 5, there pages should just pop out. Like 'greatest of their age' 'immensely powerful' 'did this that and OMG that' you know?

Yoda it is! No 4.?

P.S. About Caedus, I can't pretend to know much about him. But his 'Force abilities' page just doesn't pop out to me. I mean the guys in the top 5, there pages should just pop out. Like 'greatest of their age' 'immensely powerful' 'did this that and OMG that' you know?

Caedus has shown some inconsistency I seem to have gathered, plus also running...however I would still give him the 4th spot.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yoda it is! No 4.?

I agree with you and Wolf. Caedus hasn't been consistent.

But onto number 4. This spot is a split for me between Exar Kun, Satele Shan, Mace Windu, Darth Vader, Darth Caedus, Kyp Durron, and Mara Jade Skywalker (along with a host of other peeps).

Give me some time to make a decision.

Edited by Aurbere

No, no actually 4th does go to Caedus, while he did show inconsistencies he was powerful with what he did show. Besides looking around the books showing with Caedus, seem to show a lot of PIS, CIS and WIS in them. But what Caedus has shown, shows him to be very powerful. Edited by Wolfninjajedi